jakub_bohemia

Console Update 1.08

45 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Hotfix 3 is now being released for both consoles, servers should come back shortly.

Version: 1.08.153276 (14.07.2020)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: A possible server crash
  • Fixed: An issue with stacking items into items using swapping
  • Fixed: Micro freezes caused by loading of objects such as tents, cars and base building objects

CHANGED

• Tweaked: Temporarily disabled the sun shaft effect

Great Hotfix, especially the removal of the sun shaft (Sorry whoever worked on that at BI), hopefully it can be nerfed & added back in. Also the fixing of the Micro freezes is great.

Any chance the team could look at overall FPS, especially during times of Wind? I'm on the original Xbox One & TBH It makes me feel nauseous to play when the frames drop so low, the head bob looks like its slow motion sometimes.Thanks

Edited by TheYetiBum

Excellent, the sun shaft was way too intense, great job on all these fast updates 👍👍❤️❤️

• Beans 1

41 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Great Hotfix, especially the removal of the sun shaft (Sorry whoever worked on that at BI), hopefully it can be nerfed & added back in. Also the fixing of the Micro freezes is great.

Any chance the team could look at overall FPS, especially during times of Wind? I'm on the original Xbox One & TBH It makes me feel nauseous to play when the frames drop so low, the head bob looks like its slow motion sometimes.Thanks

It's true. XBOX one fat with low FPS. Can you check it on a future update?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Hotfix 3 is now being released for both consoles, servers should come back shortly.

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Micro freezes caused by loading of objects such as tents, cars and base building objects

CHANGED

Awesome! I'm pretty stoked with these quick hotfixes. Very promising. I was really liking the sun shafts and I'm going to miss them. I get that a lot of people disliked them though. Really hoping the desync issues are getting smoothed out as that's currently the most game breaking bug still. Keep up the good work BI. 

Not playing any more the food spawning is shit i can play the game but im not anymore because u dont find food u get all the freshies come get the food then you can not find any .waiting on rust now fuck dayz 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Since 1.08 the building changes have made it impossible for me and my friends to fix walls at our base that either have walls directly in front and behind it so if someone brakes one of our walls we can't fix it it just says build platform which is really making it hard to have a base with good protection and it's kind of irritating how every fresh spawn seems to have pliers which makes our barbed wire useless.

Congratulations to the whole team for implementing hotfix 1.19 for consoles (PS4) it is a marvel. The performance issues have been completely resolved. It is as if they never existed. There are now no frame drops while navigating the map; it runs perfectly. Thank you so much BI.

There couldn't be a better time for new players to come and enjoy Dayz. 👍 

8 hours ago, Elderflower said:

Congratulations to the whole team for implementing hotfix 1.19 for consoles (PS4) it is a marvel. The performance issues have been completely resolved. It is as if they never existed. There are now no frame drops while navigating the map; it runs perfectly. Thank you so much BI.

agreed man, i went online last night and was astonished as I ran around the map and encountered no freezing glitch or massive drops in FPS.

Since this update all my server does is crash after every restart. Myself and my admins are loosing sleep on having to restart the dam thing every time a restart happens. What's the point of paying so much money for this shit.

9 hours ago, Elderflower said:

I noticed this last night while playing. Very exciting to finally have better performance. Good job BI.

4 minutes ago, l--DVS--l said:

Since this update all my server does is crash after every restart. Myself and my admins are loosing sleep on having to restart the dam thing every time a restart happens. What's the point of paying so much money for this shit.

Make sure you're reporting it in the bug tracker.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:04 PM, ImpulZ said:

GAME

FIXED

CHANGED

【1.08】Weapon aiming still lag (Occurs when the delay is too high)https://feedback.bistudio.com/T152224

On 7/14/2020 at 5:52 PM, 999white999 said:

Not playing any more the food spawning is shit i can play the game but im not anymore because u dont find food u get all the freshies come get the food then you can not find any .waiting on rust now fuck dayz 

get a PC lmao Rust will suck even more... Rust is way more intensive then DayZ literally needs 10gb of ram to run without stutters... and consoles only have 8gb which is shared so you only have like 6gb left maybe even less... good luck

THE ONLY PROBLEMS I’m having, is things breaking when swapping from hands to container and having to wait until server restart for it to be fixed. Huge lag spikes when entering towns that throw the vehicle off to the side, and remove the ability for people to unmount barbed wire from the OUTSIDE, some servers don’t allow bases that can’t be raided but it when in some ways it’s still so EASY to get into a base.

especially with the previous mention of the 3 man 27min destruction of a fence meta!

and eliminating the ability to remove barbed wire would not be OP as it should be fair that it should make it harder for people to get close enough to melee away at your gate, it should be up to them wether they want to risk cutting themselves too much trying to get in, and giving up, or they can just get a spawn close enough to return and continue!

10 hours ago, Jordan Boyle said:

THE ONLY PROBLEMS I’m having, is things breaking when swapping from hands to container and having to wait until server restart for it to be fixed. Huge lag spikes when entering towns that throw the vehicle off to the side, and remove the ability for people to unmount barbed wire from the OUTSIDE, some servers don’t allow bases that can’t be raided but it when in some ways it’s still so EASY to get into a base.

especially with the previous mention of the 3 man 27min destruction of a fence meta!

and eliminating the ability to remove barbed wire would not be OP as it should be fair that it should make it harder for people to get close enough to melee away at your gate, it should be up to them wether they want to risk cutting themselves too much trying to get in, and giving up, or they can just get a spawn close enough to return and continue!

I agree about the barbed wire.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:07 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

get a PC lmao Rust will suck even more... Rust is way more intensive then DayZ literally needs 10gb of ram to run without stutters... and consoles only have 8gb which is shared so you only have like 6gb left maybe even less... good luck

Well source Engine is way more mature and solid. I think that the Rust devs will do a great job to optimize their game for the current console generation and I'm quite sure that rust will run better than DayZ on consoles. I'm also sure that the game won't be released it in such a buggy state as DayZ but we will see...

I do hope that we will have a great DayZ time with the new consoles and I hope that the devs will sort out most of the gamebreaking bugs before the new console generation will be released! I'm not a game dev but I can imagine that it's quite difficult to optimize a game like DayZ for the current console generation (performance wise). Anyway all the game breaking bugs does ruin the experience the most (imho). Bad performance + game breaking bugs = non happy players!

On 03.07.2020 at 13:07, Boroda Thug said:

said:

Explain how it turns out, after 1.08 you release two hotfixes, after which the performance outside of large cities improves, then you make a third hotfix, remove the rays of the sun, and everything becomes bad again, fps drawdowns in random places return. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Edited by Boroda Thug

On 7/14/2020 at 4:04 PM, ImpulZ said:

GAME

FIXED

CHANGED

Explain how it turns out, after 1.08 you release two hotfixes, after which the performance outside of large cities improves, then you make a third hotfix, remove the rays of the sun, and everything becomes bad again, fps drawdowns in random places return. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

On 7/20/2020 at 12:13 PM, SillyJoe said:

Well source Engine is way more mature and solid. I think that the Rust devs will do a great job to optimize their game for the current console generation and I'm quite sure that rust will run better than DayZ on consoles. I'm also sure that the game won't be released it in such a buggy state as DayZ but we will see...

I do hope that we will have a great DayZ time with the new consoles and I hope that the devs will sort out most of the gamebreaking bugs before the new console generation will be released! I'm not a game dev but I can imagine that it's quite difficult to optimize a game like DayZ for the current console generation (performance wise). Anyway all the game breaking bugs does ruin the experience the most (imho). Bad performance + game breaking bugs = non happy players!

Wdym Source engine? Rust is running on Unity engine which is total and utter garbage... the maker of Rust and Garry's Mod... Garry... he said himself that Unity sucks and that he would love so much to switch to Unreal engine because Unreal Engine is just sooo much better then Unity.. it's like comparing an old ass car from 1950s to a Tesla Model S xD not to mention that in order for Rust to work on consoles it needs like atleast 10gb of ram in the system and the consoles have 8gb which is also shared with the graphcis cards... and because consoles love graphics they target graphics so i guess you would need 2gb to the graphics card more precisely the GPU and add like 1 to 2gb of System things that's 4gb left for games and Rust on PC devours 10gb of ram maybe 8gb just the game alone because Rust tells you that you need to have 10gb of RAM to run the game properly meaning 8gb for the game and 2gb for windows and stuff and not the mention the pagefile ( virtual memory/RAM ) There is just no way they can do it on current gen consoles and have it work 30fps smooth it will run like DayZ if not worse ... current consoles run DayZ like you're running Crysis on Switch xD 

I'm noticing less random crashes at the moment, I used to get one almost every day, so that's good!

I'd say walls are a bit too strong tbh. I mean it's like 15 full mags of m4 to bring down one half wall. Also I'm noticing with some tools,  pretty much all, that if you're trying to melee the bottom panel despite the animation and splinters coming off being right at the bottom, the top half of the wall takes the damage...which is pretty annoying.