TheYetiBum

Xbox DayZ Experimental Is Awesome

The arrival of Xbox Experimental servers in the for off an Exp App for console is an awesome & welcome addition. I have been playing it loads & I hope with maybe an addition in the bug reporting section specifically for for the Exp console branch that this will drastically reduce the amount of bugs that come across from Exp to stable then to console. More bug reports equals better info for the Devs, which is great. Found a fairly big bug with Cooking Pots, if you log out & back in again. It deletes the storage contents of the pot, not sure if it does it with any other containers such as dry bags, plastic containers, etc. So good work to @Sumrak & the team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thats a really good move from BI and I appreciate that you xbox guys are doing some bug testing and reporting.

I was talking to a buddy on xbox (i'm a ps4 player) and he told me that item desync is way worse than with 1.07 stable. Can you confirm this?

2 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Thats a really good move from BI and I appreciate that you xbox guys are doing some bug testing and reporting.

I was talking to a buddy on xbox (i'm a ps4 player) and he told me that item desync is way worse than with 1.07 stable. Can you confirm this?

I've found that it varies from server to server. I've found a couple of servers that seem pretty stable in that regard. Community ones obviously. Haven't been on for a week or so though, so didn't even know about the experimental servers

On 6/13/2020 at 2:44 AM, SillyJoe said:

I can confirm that item desync is wayy worse, it got to a point where me and my 3 buddies were all bugged and had to log (our hands were bugged, certain items, clothing) worse I've ever seen it, even tom and humptys meat was desyncing everytime we tried to cook em up.. It's only experimental though so hopefully it gets somewhat fixed before the stable version is put out.

• Haha 1

To be honest then I dont have any expectations of them fixing the inventory-bug any more.

Its been in the game for more updates then I can remember, and the devs have been very cautious not to mention it or what is being done to fix it.

Its a game-breaking bug (I've been killed countless times and lost an absurd amount of weapons to it after having quick-reloaded and ended up with a gun where the magazine is stuck in it and it have to be abandoned) and I am sure they tried their best to fix it when it first came around - im also convinced they got no clue as to how to fix it and have stopped looking into it by now and are just hoping that it will magically fix itself at some point or that the modding-community at some point solves the riddle and fixes it for them (as they seem to be doing with the game in general over on PC where the modders are the ones implementing what we were promised by the devs years ago - helicopters, traders, more guns and so on for a long, long while).

I've lost 90% of my hope and trust in the devs by now.

I also would not be surprised if the broken bones-mechanics is not getting implemented again after all - they removed it in 0.63 and I remember them station (about half a year or more ago) that they were working on implementing it again and were completely remaking it.

I dont trust anything from them before its actually here and working - I wish I was able to believe more in them and their commitments/skills.

If only we got access to mods on consoles (like they do on PC) so we could gain access to the great work the modders on PC have done to fix and implement the feature the devs are not able to, but that just ain't going to happen.

On 6/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, Robzom11 said:

I can confirm that item desync is wayy worse, it got to a point where me and my 3 buddies were all bugged and had to log (our hands were bugged, certain items, clothing) worse I've ever seen it, even tom and humptys meat was desyncing everytime we tried to cook em up.. It's only experimental though so hopefully it gets somewhat fixed before the stable version is put out.

Reportedly the twitter suggests that some item dysnc will be fixed but not all, if that does not reflect what is happening in the experimental I would say that there will still be fixes specifically applied after Stable goes live....However you never know what is going to happen with new stable releases, I hope that with this initial exp console release that at least half of the issues are fixed.

I personally haven't had much De-Sync since the release of 1.08.........But i'm primarily a Solo player so tbh without another player to tell me if what I see in my hands is what I think it is lol. So i cant for sure give feedback on that. I do know that player bubbles seem to massively effect it, the more players  close together the worse the De-Sync. 

I absolutely love the base building changes, bases are actually viable now!

But by far the worst edition is the poor FPS since 1.08, i'm on an Xbox One & i've actually had to step away from the game on occasion as the extreme head bob plus 20fps equals chunder time.