Anticonn

Hackers on official servers are rampant (proof included)

There is a serious issue with the official servers, it cannot be minimized. In < 12 hours of play time, I have been rushed and killed by speedhackers with melee weapons three times. The list of hacks I've been victim to on official servers is long, and egregious. Looking at other posts in these forums, it seems like some sock puppets members are eager to point out a lack of proof, so here you go: https://youtu.be/HFE---p_ohs

I'm still working out kinks with audio in the DVR and a few other things, but if experience is any indicator at all, I'll have plenty of content on that channel in a week.

Yes, I am super salty.

Edited by Anticonn
made url into a link

Hey Anticonn,

Thanks for the report. Please, in the future, send these reports directly to the forum team via PM or report it through the feedback tracker

To answer your post. We are aware of the increase in hacking activity. It is closely related to the COVID-19 outbreak. Since then, we have been working around the clock with Battleye to ban these cheaters and stop the spread of cheater guides. Throughout the last three months, we banned more cheaters than over the last four years of the game's existence. We intend to continue these efforts. 

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, jakub_bohemia said:

To answer your post. We are aware of the increase in hacking activity. It is closely related to the COVID-19 outbreak. Since then, we have been working around the clock with Battleye to ban these cheaters and stop the spread of cheater guides. Throughout the last three months, we banned more cheaters than over the last four years of the game's existence. We intend to continue these efforts. 

So, what's the excuse for all of the Chinese cheaters BEFORE the pandemic?

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

This guy was from North America, for sure. I have spoken to other hackers with heavy Asian accents and broken English, but not this time. Just for the record.

Also for the record, I received an official warning from the admins for this.

19 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

Careful there with the racial stereotyping, there has been n omention of the origins of the person in the video.

As it turned out later, you were especially wrong:

17 hours ago, Anticonn said:

This guy was from North America, for sure. I have spoken to other hackers with heavy Asian accents and broken English, but not this time. Just for the record.

• Beans 2

On 5/13/2020 at 5:13 AM, kichilron said:

Careful there with the racial stereotyping, there has been n omention of the origins of the person in the video.

When I said Chinese cheaters, I was referring to cheaters from China, not everyone of Chinese decent. The fact is that the majority of the cheaters that invade the official servers are from China. Sure, not everyone. There's idiots that cheat here in the US too. I don't play on official servers so I haven't encountered this. This is just information that I've gotten from all of the complaints I've read here.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:42 AM, jakub_bohemia said:

So, what is the excuse for all of the cheaters that were invading the servers before the virus?

I'm constantly faced with ESP, Silent Aim/Aimbot hackers on some of the top servers out there. Regardless of Official or Public modded servers the hacks are just getting out of hand.

Looking on Google I've found loads of available to the public hacks. 

I read a post on another site regarding COD:WZ hackers and legit players are fighting back, they have been reporting hack sellers paypal accounts etc to paypal who are actually closing them down. Forcing them into crypto only methods will limit the amount of hack buyers but wont kill them off completely.

For me... I think it needs to be a more harsh punishment, DayZ and Battleeye need to team up with VAC and give out complete game bans rather than server bans..or better still, plug the holes which hack coders are using to inject their scripts and rid this pandemic for time being.

Edited by TheWeedMan
  • Beans 1

On 5/12/2020 at 4:10 AM, Anticonn said:

There is a serious issue with the official servers, it cannot be minimized. In < 12 hours of play time, I have been rushed and killed by speedhackers with melee weapons three times. The list of hacks I've been victim to on official servers is long, and egregious. Looking at other posts in these forums, it seems like some sock puppets members are eager to point out a lack of proof, so here you go: https://youtu.be/HFE---p_ohs

I'm still working out kinks with audio in the DVR and a few other things, but if experience is any indicator at all, I'll have plenty of content on that channel in a week.

Yes, I am super salty.

i see how one hacker in TUROVO run more faster than a flash, im in the montains with sniper and he run to fast for me... i disconnect istant...

On 5/12/2020 at 2:42 AM, jakub_bohemia said:

It is closely related to the COVID-19 outbreak

This is an odd thing to interject into the response.  Are you able to elaborate on this any further?

• Beans 1

You guys do realise that most available hacks can now bypass Battleye and are streamproof. Hacks are becoming more advanced these days so I think a step up in the games security options are needed.

Server admins can only do so much, a hacker banned from 1 server just jumps straight onto another. A Battleye ban also doesn't stop them either due to the bypass feature hacks now incorporate.

Unless VAC bans become a featured solution to the hacking pandemic I'm afraid this game is more doomed that it is at the present. Watching good players quit the game daily, the tumbleweed blowing through these forums and feedback I hear from server admins its looking a lot like the hackers are winning this war.

3 hours ago, TheWeedMan said:

You guys do realise that most available hacks can now bypass Battleye and are streamproof. Hacks are becoming more advanced these days so I think a step up in the games security options are needed.

Server admins can only do so much, a hacker banned from 1 server just jumps straight onto another. A Battleye ban also doesn't stop them either due to the bypass feature hacks now incorporate.

Unless VAC bans become a featured solution to the hacking pandemic I'm afraid this game is more doomed that it is at the present. Watching good players quit the game daily, the tumbleweed blowing through these forums and feedback I hear from server admins its looking a lot like the hackers are winning this war.

It's a never-ending battle. One day we are one step ahead, then they are. That means that neither we nor Battleye can stop. We have to constantly evolve and come up with new tools for detection and prevention. For obvious reasons, we cannot really update you on the particulars but know that we do not take this lightly and are working on improvements that will make it harder for hackers to ruin the game for regular players. 

• Beans 2

On 5/17/2020 at 2:23 AM, emuthreat said:

This is an odd thing to interject into the response.  Are you able to elaborate on this any further?

Much of it is guesswork but there is a direct correlation between the outbreak and the increase in hacker activity. Unfortunately, we are not the only ones who are experiencing this 😕 My personal hypothesis is that hackers got bored during the quarantine but who knows. The important thing is that we and Battleye are fighting back. 

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, jakub_bohemia said:

Much of it is guesswork but there is a direct correlation between the outbreak and the increase in hacker activity. Unfortunately, we are not the only ones who are experiencing this 😕 My personal hypothesis is that hackers got bored during the quarantine but who knows. The important thing is that we and Battleye are fighting back. 

fighting to get this new update out I hope brother.

Steam ban them from the game if caught, end off!...not only does it deter hackers but the insistent ones are forced to create new accounts and repurchase a copy of the game, that in itself is continuous revenue all on its own. The script kiddies get bored and move onto pastures new.

We understand its a constant war against the hackers and you guys work your asses off and don't seem to get appreciated or given the credit where it's due.  A lot of frustration has been converting the masses though and all I see is negativity in these forums these days, your congregation has lost faith. This is the very reason why you need to dish out harsher punishment to all that's caught cheating...win back the respect from your player base.

The hacking situation is definitely spiking again, feels like the mod days all over.  I'm happy to hear that you guys are actively working on removing players that are hacking however I have some concerns.  All the talk about moving away from fps architecture towards a mmo architecture and the server having sanity checks to specifically combat this type of activity and yet we see it all the same 🤨.  I noticed the first official answer to this was to make a private message or to slap it up on the feedback tracker instead of posting publicly and I can understand this as obviously hackers love the salt but when I take the actual time out of my life to go to the feedback tracker and chime in I notice that the developers respond saying "issue resolved" and that bans and anticheat are under exclusive control of the battleeye team?  Anticheat isn't that difficult, quit saying its a never-ending battle, when developers lack the ability and or the conviction to place severe punishments onto known hackers or at the very least make it extremely inconvenient for them to get back on the game I start to believe that perhaps they are all on the same side.  Hacking is a HUGE money business I can definitely see why that could be the case.  Anyways ran into two "speedhackers" on server "DayZ US 3664224 HC" talked with the one guy for quite awhile he wasn't KOS, it's a lot more then just speed hacking.  He could literally see all players within the network bubble, and all loot, all dirt piles, all tents etc, within his area.  At the end of the day, all he wanted was some friends though..  Me and my buddy said no 😘

2 hours ago, Jonoats said:

All the talk about moving away from fps architecture towards a mmo architecture and the server having sanity checks to specifically combat this type of activity and yet we see it all the same 

Talk of moving towards a mmo architecture?  I don't recall seeing this.  This would be huge.  But, how?  How would you have separate phases while handling ballistics?  Having a strong mother server was a strong selling point of very early early-access.  

Bohemia is aware of the issues and their success depends on stopping hacks.  Developers have always prioritized hackers.  More difficult when they don't have their own anti-cheat software or subscription based servers to fund maintenance.  So, props to them.    

• Beans 1

On 5/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, jakub_bohemia said:

Hey Anticonn,

Isn't it possible to atleast stop them from speedhacking in a way like checking if in a specific period of time the distance travelled by foot is too big to be real with normal speed so they get kicked automatically? I mean. wallhacks and aimbots are shit but in a game like dayz where you have a bigass map a wallhack just isnt useful at all if the next player is 2km away and you would have to walk to him. might atleast stop some of the hackers since i guess they dont wanna walk all the way in normal speed to get you. got killed today by a speedhacking freshspawn. and even if i could have killed him, he would simply respawn and run over the map like crazy to get me again. but without speedhacks he couldnt even reach me.

You dont need big technics.

Only open new character and start game first 10 minutes u can ban 8 10 people....

İf i can't play this game (all official servers everywhere hack) why take my money ? 

On 5/19/2020 at 12:49 AM, Parazight said:

Bohemia is aware of the issues and their success depends on stopping hacks.  Developers have always prioritized hackers.  More difficult when they don't have their own anti-cheat software or subscription based servers to fund maintenance.  So, props to them.    

I don't think Bohemia considers this an important revenue stream at this point. After all, they released the game unfinished and made their intent clear to have server-side modding finish the game. They pushed out Livonia to split the community. Hacking has been a significant problem the entirety of the time with BattlEye failing to secure servers in any meaningful way.

I don't think they believe that their success depends on stopping hacks. At least, not in DayZ. No doubt they have other products that they prioritize, and I believe the DayZ release was an effort to relieve the pressure in the quickest way possible.