Baker.

Goodbye Old Friend (Update: not true)

Untitled.png

Edited by Baker.
  • Beans 2

F

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised... but I am.

Fingers crossed the DayZ Expansion team finishes the game.

• Like 1

Literally Crying, all the memories this game gave me will stay forever, still chasing that feeling from the first summer of the mod.
Everybody was scared of the zombies, noone really knew that map or where to get loot. 1 out of 10 was a bandit, the rest was glad to get a can of beans and a pipsi.
Played with a friend back then and after a while we really got good and had a small clan, collected rare loot in a few tents had a really good time.
But he doesn't play anymore, i barely play anymore, it's not as fun nowdays, when everyone see you as a threat or a chase for a meal, even on the coast. I'm all for shooting it up a nwaf and stuff but not along the bambi coast.
There still are a few good servers out there, and the mod community feels huge compared to the playerbase, so the game will never die (i hope) but it feels sad that 1.07 is the last official update.

4k hours betatesting tho. maby 1k more since 1.0.

Goodbye old friend, i'll miss you. 

p.s This game got me into modding, which got me into coding, started a 3 year education at Uni and i'm getting my degree this week. Too bad my dream workplace is dead.

Edited by dallebull
  • Like 1

DayZ development is continuing, don't cry, don't panic.

• Like 1
  • Beans 4

Maybe one day people will stop thinking "Heard from a friend" is actual news... I know I am optimist 😛

On 4/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, Gobbokirk said:

Maybe one day people will stop thinking "Heard from a friend" is actual news... I know I am optimist 😛

But they can't post anything on the internet that isn't true!

• Beans 1