Jonas Levin

Blood-spatter

I've been seeing a lot of videos from the PC-version of the game, and one thing that stands out is the blood-spatter.

When you shoot someone there will be blood on the floor beneath him (and that goes for zombies and animals too) or on the wall behind him.

It looks great and it can be real good to let you know if you actually hit that tiny headshot-target through a window or whatever, plus it just adds to the general immersion.

I dont get why it has not made it over to the console-version, as far as I can see then it has been on PC ever since they went to 0.63 a couple of years ago (since about may 2018 I think...).

@Greensek @Max Planck Why has it not been implemented on the console-version is the obvious question that I am getting to...?

It does not seem like something that would be extremely hard to implement (its like spraypainting the walls back in good old half-life and that is 20 years ago), and we have been told that the vanilla version on PC is the same as the vanilla version on console, but there is clearly something missing here.

Is it something you guys are going to take a look at in the future?

PS - I am also _very_ much looking forwards to the broken bones-mechanic to return to the game like one of you mentioned you were working on not that far ago, thumbs up for listening to the community and working on that even though that was something you had stated earlier that you would not be working towards. 🙂 👍

How would I know, and why are you ading me? I've told you already, I have nothing to do with development.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Max Planck said:

How would I know, and why are you ading me? I've told you already, I have nothing to do with development.

Oh, im so sorry mr wizard of Oz - I hope I did not step on your feelings.

10 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

I could be wrong but I thought the blood splatter was a mod

I dont think so, im seeing videos of people speaking about it in relation to the 0.63-update.

I would love to be corrected if im wrong though!

On 3/1/2020 at 5:09 PM, MetalHead2112 said:

It's a mod on pc called GoreZ. I use it on my server. It also adds blood trails if an animal or other player is hit which you can follow.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1648967877&searchtext=GoreZ

Good to know, thanks for the correction! 🙂

I still cant believe its not a regular part of the game though, it seems like such an obvious thing that should have been added from the start in the official version (vanilla) of the game.