Sign in to follow this  
xxDominion

Chinese Hackers paradise

Last Night while playing with my squad on an Official Server, "again", We got killed by Hackers..  Two different times by someone using a speed hack and also what I can only describe as a universal kill button??  My squad and I were engaged in Brena, fighting another group...  Someone thought they heard them speaking "Mandrin".. but regardless, fun times were had...  UNTIL...  My buddy and I fell back into a two story house.  I was prone facing the doorway..  Suddenly, the door opens and both my character and my buddies were tossed around inside the room, bouncing around like the cars do in DayZ...  then without a sound, we both died simultainously..  Right after the death,I was respawned near Brena, I ran back to my body...  along the path and out of no where, I was rushed up on by another speed hacker..  this one was blatant and obvious..  He speed hacked , running at blinding speed glitching all over.  I spoke to him, and he spoke very clearly in Chinese and some english.  He spouted a bunch of Hateful Anti American language, which I will not repeat here...  then killed me again...  At that point I had enough so I stopped playing.  These hacking issues NEED TO BE ADDRESSED!!!  DayZ is a wonderful game with its fair share of issues..  But this hackers plague is really making DayZ NOT FUN anymore.  I hope someone... anyone...  from  BO reads these Forums and addresses these hacking loop holes very soon.  This is out of control..  Please do something...

*UPDATE*

I logged in tonight and spawned in near a remote spot west of Gliniska..  I randomly came across a player, who, when i talked to  them, spoke Chinese and was a female.  I punched her in the head and then hide in a hunters shed...  She ran off into a certain direction.  Literally 10 seconds later, I am getting shot at, then two geared chinese players burst out of the tree line and begin firing on me.  This is yet another example of the cheating that is going on in the official servers.  

• Like 1

Its outta control and nothing being done about it. I love the steam moderators who stand up for this game like a cult and delete any negative posts response to the hacker posts. JUST GO PLAY ON PRIVATE SERVERS..  Ok that's the answer to Bohemia not fixing the problem. JUST UNREAL...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

Its outta control and nothing being done about it. I love the steam moderators who stand up for this game like a cult and delete any negative posts response to the hacker posts. JUST GO PLAY ON PRIVATE SERVERS..  Ok that's the answer to Bohemia not fixing the problem. JUST UNREAL...

Thank you for your response and I couldn't agree more.  Bohemia has turned a blind eye to this long enough.  I'm afraid if they don't start being more interactive and PROACTIVE against this onslaught of hackers from China and I have heard some from Russia as well, then it is going to completely kill DayZ as a viable product.  But maybe Bohemia isn't really concerned if DayZ dies off, because they have so many other Arma titles floating around out there.  You're also very right about the Steam Moderators deleting the posts about hackers.  I posted twice on their forums only to have my post deleted as soon as it started to gain traction and a lot of people commented on it.  I have also had players tell me the same thing..  if you don't like it, play on a private sever to avoid this.  I have two problems with this line of thinking.  

1. I don't prefer to play on a modded private server, as I am looking to play in the vanilla experience they way the game was intended to be played.  Not based on a single player who owns the server decides how they "think"   I aught to play based on their personal play style.

2.  I shouldn't have to!!  Official servers are supposed to be there for players like myself who want to play the game how its creators intended it to be.  No muss, no fuss, no extras..  Just a beautiful, harsh survival world called DayZ.  Having the only solution to be pushed off Official Servers is just not an option for me.

I AM now on Bohemia's Forums..  I am calling for help...  I am asking... no begging for them to do something... ANYTHING!!  Clearly, battle-eye is not working at all.  I have over 1300 hours in the game and I can tell you , while I had heard a lot about past hacking..  I have never seen any hacking until the last two weeks personally.  and it is so rampant and often that it is slowly sapping my desire to even play anymore.  This sucks because I have loved DayZ for a very long time and I want the absolute best for the game and its developers.  Surely there is a solution out there that doesn't mitigate me to a private server and having to abandon the Official servers all together.  Bohemia, If any moderators read this, I am willing to step in as a Moderator on any Official Server I play on.  I have been a Moderator in times past on other games, where my job was to monitor the player base and insure they were following the rules.  Back then we were called a SysOp, short for System Operator.  Aliens Online was one of the first online FPS style shooters in the 90's.  That being said, I am volunteering my time to step into a Moderators role, on any an all "Official" Servers that I play on, so that I can help to combat these hackers and clean up the Official servers so that the good players can once again enjoy the game with as little hacker interference as possible.  Please let me know if this is an option, or if I have wasted my time in writing this novella here.  But seeing as to the length of my post, i would think one see's my passion for the game and desire to bring back some sanity against this hackers plague.  Thank you for your time in reading this.

• Like 1

AGREED  that Bohemia is DROPPING THE BALL. What a great game managed by a SHIT company.

I can't believe the apathy of Bohemia to let this problem run ram pate.

It is also ruining the game for me.

While I sympathize, this is the reason BattleEye is a component of the game.  If you haven't already, I suggest posting messages on their website about this and not here.  If anything is going to be done, it'll be done by BattleEye, not Bohemia.

Bohemia have never administered official servers, nor will they ever, so complaining about it here is pointless.  

5 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

May I ask what Private servers you play on?

Report it on the feedback tracker, but you're really just spinning your tires. BI isn't going to do anything. Their answer was that cheaters get banned in groups and that these people using cheats will get theirs all at once. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Zed said:

Report it on the feedback tracker, but you're really just spinning your tires. BI isn't going to do anything. Their answer was that cheaters get banned in groups and that these people using cheats will get theirs all at once. 

Well, that's anti-climactic and disheartening... not to say a little softening as well.. 😞

4 hours ago, xxDominion said:

May I ask what Private servers you play on?

Just The Runningmans 1pp Chernarus and The Underground , There the only 2 close to vanilla that makes the game a challenge. Every other server has some trader with airdrops, food, guns and ammo washing up on the beach as much as the grains of sand.

And you are right.... You shouldn't be forced to play some private server as a solution because they cant get there act together and have official servers that can detect or ban the out of control cheats , hacks and abuse. But nothing has changed with these guys from DAY 1 , All swept away till the next head guy moves on to another company , new guy comes in , promises  promises and all swept away. Nothing ever really gets fixed. It's all about stringing  us along , making the game  just tolerable that sales still happen and the least amount of effort and money goes out to fixing it. Everything always just swept away under the rug for someone else to deal with .. Sad really...

Want a real Giggle ?  - Goto there Trello page and see the work in progress dates and some of the promises on there. ( Bicycle 2016 HAHAHA)

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LoveAffair said:

Just The Runningmans 1pp Chernarus and The Underground , There the only 2 close to vanilla that makes the game a challenge. Every other server has some trader with airdrops, food, guns and ammo washing up on the beach as much as the grains of sand.

And you are right.... You shouldn't be forced to play some private server as a solution because they cant get there act together and have official servers that can detect or ban the out of control cheats , hacks and abuse. But nothing has changed with these guys from DAY 1 , All swept away till the next head guy moves on to another company , new guy comes in , promises  promises and all swept away. Nothing ever really gets fixed. It's all about stringing  us along , making the game  just tolerable that sales still happen and the least amount of effort and money goes out to fixing it. Everything always just swept away under the rug for someone else to deal with .. Sad really...

Want a real Giggle ?  - Goto there Trello page and see the work in progress dates and some of the promises on there. ( Bicycle 2016 HAHAHA)

Well, I am going to have to try those servers.  I am familiar with the runningman.. and I have heard of the underground.  maybe one day we will cross paths and have some fun1 😉

2 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

My server is also vanilla. No mods at all. I did give new spawns a stone knife, plus I upped the zombie spawns a little but that's all I've done. No changes at all to the loot and I have all players from China and Russia blocked.

• Like 1

Hackers were the reason why i quit on mod, and seemly will be the reason for me to quit standalone. 
Just sad.

Im really not sure what to make of these posts.

What is the deal with those of you who play on these "official servers"?? 

Is it the official in the word that gets you guys riding hard for official and talk about private like its some weird taboo should be shunned thing?

As ive said on other posts sure you have to find a decent one that doesnt have 12 yr olds running it but for this given situation is better in ever way then official servers...

Any of you ever heard of a certain someones definition of insanity??

Just in case....Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

You keep joining these servers...Keep getting worked by hackers...Keep complaining(not even in the right area as others have said over and over) about said hackers and getting absolutely nothing done...

Yet you keep coming back and starting the whole process over....I hate hackers cheaters exploiters or any of the lot but they certainly clearly have more sanity then any OP or those who add to any if this subject. 

I mean do any of you even have a rational reason that your so anti private servers?

Anything that actually cant be fixed by a lil trial and error of finding a decent community and one that is set to the style you want to play?

You all seem content to show up every once in a while find yourselves a concrete wall and just bash your heads against it until you put yourself down...May i ask? But for whhhhyyyyy?

Edited by Luves 12

The people that stick to official servers think every community server is modded into easy mode with 5x loot, traders and everything handed to them. They don't understand that there are vanilla community servers too. When I get a new game that has dedicated servers, I usually look for community servers to play on.

Is anything being done about this? It's terrible on official EU servers; hackers teleporting, wallhacking and aimbotting everywhere all the time.

I wish there would be a decent 100% vanilla (any by that I mean 3pp as well) private server with healthy population that runs Livonia, but there is none so official servers are the only option for now and they are being ruined by cheaters.

19 minutes ago, Hempfield said:

Is anything being done about this? It's terrible on official EU servers; hackers teleporting, wallhacking and aimbotting everywhere all the time.

I wish there would be a decent 100% vanilla (any by that I mean 3pp as well) private server with healthy population that runs Livonia, but there is none so official servers are the only option for now and they are being ruined by cheaters.

the server files are publicly available.  so if you are unable to find a server that you feel there is a need for, then nothing is stopping you from hosting it yourself

I thought someone might reply something like this, but I hoped they wouldn't as that sort of solution is completely nonsensical. I paid for this game when it was still in alpha to play on official servers, I paid for Livonia. I didn't pay for it so I would have to run my own server (and there are things stopping me from doing that), and I don't have any special wishes regarding this game's servers. If asking for cheater free official servers is too much, then I feel scammed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hempfield said:

I thought someone might reply something like this, but I hoped they wouldn't as that sort of solution is completely nonsensical. I paid for this game when it was still in alpha to play on official servers, I paid for Livonia. I didn't pay for it so I would have to run my own server (and there are things stopping me from doing that), and I don't have any special wishes regarding this game's servers. If asking for cheater free official servers is too much, then I feel scammed.

It is too much to ask for because BI doesn't admin the official servers. They rely on Battleye to ban the cheaters. These cheaters are the reason I've enabled region bans on China and Russia as well as a VPN ban for my server.

So the anti-cheat system sucks for the game that's not cheap at all and it's still in development and supposedly still supported by the devs. And lol, if you think it is perfectly acceptable that you have to run your own server and ban ENTIRE regions (which kinda feels racist-y, not saying you're one but I met some very good friendly Russian players) just to stop cheating...then idk what to say to you. Btw, what about your server (which I don't see is much populated for most of the time) when you're not online and cheaters from other regions join? They're still gonna cheat, the little players that you have are still gonna get pissed off and probably leave sooner or later. You feel good having to have to run a server just for it to be empty most of the time?

If the devs don't care about this game, then fine. I sure as hell wouldn't recommend this game anymore to anyone (which I always would in the past as I felt it was a genuine survival experience which wasn't being constantly ruined by cheaters and awful mods, at least not as much as today). There are way better military shooters out there and for a good survival aspect of the game, you now have to rely on a terrible anti-cheat system and private server owners who probably all have jobs and rl stuff and can't handle cheaters and maintenance themselves all the time.

I'm sorry but with that attitude from the devs (and players alike unfortunately as obviously no one seems to care for anything except their own private hubs which will die out this way sooner rather than later) there won't be a decent future for this game. They're pissing off their customers who only want what they paid for. How are the devs supposed to do this? We don't care, we paid full price for this game and demand a certain standard. If battle-eye isn't good, ditch it, get something better. If they don't have funds or the will to make a decent anti-cheat system, then they shouldn't price this game more than 5€.

not saying i dont understand your frustration but i would rather they work on getting stuff like bows back in than worry about battle eye for the moment.  there are plenty of great private and whitelist servers out there to join where you will be able to have the amazing immersive experience that only dayz can provide.  i would suggest joining one of these servers as i dont think the devs have time or resources to worry about anticheat on public servers atm.  maybe give dug a try.  i personally haven't played on that server but have read great things.  

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Hempfield said:

Btw, what about your server (which I don't see is much populated for most of the time) when you're not online and cheaters from other regions join? They're still gonna cheat, the little players that you have are still gonna get pissed off and probably leave sooner or later. You feel good having to have to run a server just for it to be empty most of the time?

The server mainly exists for me and my small community to play on. I'm not out to make it a heavily populated server. It's located in the US so players from Russian and China don't need to be playing on it with their high pings anyway. 

3 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

not saying i dont understand your frustration but i would rather they work on getting stuff like bows back in than worry about battle eye for the moment.  there are plenty of great private and whitelist servers out there to join where you will be able to have the amazing immersive experience that only dayz can provide.  i would suggest joining one of these servers as i dont think the devs have time or resources to worry about anticheat on public servers atm.  maybe give dug a try.  i personally haven't played on that server but have read great things.  

Sorry dude, your cross-bow is nowhere near as important as the hacker epidemic killing the official servers. This is why WarZ died, because of hackers and shitty Devs who constantly lied to their customers. I can honestly say I hope DayZ dies off too if Bohemia won't treat its customers with some respect, the sooner the better. I gave them $50 in December just to have hours of gameplay stolen from me by these dickless hackers.I refuse to give them another dime no matter what map or add-ons they release and will do my best to dissuade others from buying the game. What a shitty gaming experience this has been.

Edited by hyper_goon

1 minute ago, hyper_goon said:

Sorry dude, your cross-bow is nowhere near as important as the hacker epidemic killing the official servers. This is why WarZ died, because of hackers and shitty Devs who constantly lied to their customers. I can honestly say I hope DayZ dies off too if Bohemia won't treat its customers with some respect, the sooner the better. I gave them $60 in December just to have hours of gameplay stolen from me by these dickless hackers.I refuse to give them another dime no matter what map or add-ons they release and will do my best to dissuade others from buying the game. What a shitty gaming experience this has been.

True....

But the fact is you bought a game and did so misinformed. If you would have been on this forum sooner then i would guess you wouldnt even buy it in the first place.

All bugs cheats and whatnot you post was allready widely known. 

So you contributed to the problem by rewarding BI with money for a Shell of a game

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, McWendy said:

True....

But the fact is you bought a game and did so misinformed. If you would have been on this forum sooner then i would guess you wouldnt even buy it in the first place.

All bugs cheats and whatnot you post was allready widely known. 

So you contributed to the problem by rewarding BI with money for a Shell of a game

So what are you saying? The hacking has always been this bad? When I started in December I played for a solid 6 weeks with no issues due to hackers. It seems to have just come out of nowhere in the last month or so and has gotten so bad that you can't get in one good day without being killed or losing everything because of hackers. And that guy above is 110% right, telling us to go host our own servers is such a bullshit cop out.  That is NOT the answer. All I want is a good, vanilla experience with 3pp. There are practically NO private servers out there that offer 3pp and a vanilla experience that are populated. I have been looking for days. All the 3pp servers have no Stamina, or crazy loot spawns etc. that make the game too easy. People need to complain about this more, not less. Than maybe people will stop buying the game as a result of "misinformation" as you are claiming.

Edited by hyper_goon
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, hyper_goon said:

There are practically NO private servers out there that offer 3pp and a vanilla experience that are populated.

It's the old "chicken and the egg" conundrum. No one wants to play on the 3PP community Vanilla server because no one is playing.... if no one is playing, there won't be anyone on the server... 

• Beans 1