Sign in to follow this  
xxDominion

Chinese Hackers paradise

1 hour ago, hyper_goon said:

People need to complain about this more, not less.

This. I didn't come here, complaining about cheaters, to argue with fellow Dayz players who run or just play on private servers; we should all be united on this issue. I love the original vanilla survival Dayz and I would hate to see it die out because of cheaters. If there's a chance devs might see the complaints and actually address them and do something about the anticheat, we (honest players) all win. If nothing happens, we all lose..eventually, when the cheater situation gets completely out of control, the game gets bad enough rep so there's less and less new and old players and less money for development.

1 hour ago, hyper_goon said:

So what are you saying? The hacking has always been this bad? When I started in December I played for a solid 6 weeks with no issues due to hackers. It seems to have just come out of nowhere in the last month or so and has gotten so bad that you can't get in one good day without being killed or losing everything because of hackers. And that guy above is 110% right, telling us to go host our own servers is such a bullshit cop out.  That is NOT the answer. All I want is a good, vanilla experience with 3pp. There are practically NO private servers out there that offer 3pp and a vanilla experience that are populated. I have been looking for days. All the 3pp servers have no Stamina, or crazy loot spawns etc. that make the game too easy. People need to complain about this more, not less. Than maybe people will stop buying the game as a result of "misinformation" as you are claiming.

The free weekend made it so that our beloved supposed cheaters had a chance to test their software.

And seeing that Anti-cheat has to be actively moderated which didnt happen. Or have a solid Anti cheat something Battleeye is not made the state we are in now. 

We are now exactly where the WarZ (ISS for some) was/is. On a confused unknown path without destination. 

And no we should all not start hosting our own servers. Instead we should (and i have done for quite some time now) find a good private server and stick to that servers queue or no queue (to some extend, but hey multiple chars 😉)

A fact is cheaters (Lets not ever call them hackers) are present in every game. Period. Only difference is the impact of it is bigger in some games. Dayz's impact on death can be huge. 

Im only here waiting for bows. I like this game with the mechanics we had before 0.62 and would be satisfied with Just that and good stability maybe add a bicycle and that's it. 

I can deal with An occasional death by a cheater but if its one after another id take a break for sanity's sake 🤣

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

The free weekend made it so that our beloved supposed cheaters had a chance to test their software.

And seeing that Anti-cheat has to be actively moderated which didnt happen. Or have a solid Anti cheat something Battleeye is not made the state we are in now. 

We are now exactly where the WarZ (ISS for some) was/is. On a confused unknown path without destination. 

And no we should all not start hosting our own servers. Instead we should (and i have done for quite some time now) find a good private server and stick to that servers queue or no queue (to some extend, but hey multiple chars 😉)

A fact is cheaters (Lets not ever call them hackers) are present in every game. Period. Only difference is the impact of it is bigger in some games. Dayz's impact on death can be huge. 

Im only here waiting for bows. I like this game with the mechanics we had before 0.62 and would be satisfied with Just that and good stability maybe add a bicycle and that's it. 

I can deal with An occasional death by a cheater but if its one after another id take a break for sanity's sake 🤣

I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm sure you're one of the good guys. I also get the vibe that you don't even mess with official servers. I challenge you to just spend one day on one and experience what we have been dealing with and you will see how bad it is. I'm not taking a break. I'm done with the fucking game unless something is done about it or if I get lucky and find a good private 3pp server worth my time.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Hempfield said:

If there's a chance devs might see the complaints and actually address them and do something about the anticheat, we (honest players) all win.

You could always try the feedback tracker...

7 hours ago, hyper_goon said:

I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm sure you're one of the good guys. I also get the vibe that you don't even mess with official servers. I challenge you to just spend one day on one and experience what we have been dealing with and you will see how bad it is. I'm not taking a break. I'm done with the fucking game unless something is done about it or if I get lucky and find a good private 3pp server worth my time.

Ow we do. We have a Guy in our group who is really bad (in gaming in general) 

So for him we go official. That way hè does not have to walk miles and miles after dying to one Z.😂

On 3/3/2020 at 8:56 PM, Uncle Zed said:

The people that stick to official servers think every community server is modded into easy mode with 5x loot, traders and everything handed to them. They don't understand that there are vanilla community servers too. When I get a new game that has dedicated servers, I usually look for community servers to play on.

Now this is all good and well in theory, but in reality, how do I even find those servers and be sure that it is what I'm looking for? I have to install some third party tool, won't I? 

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Now this is all good and well in theory, but in reality, how do I even find those servers and be sure that it is what I'm looking for? I have to install some third party tool, won't I? 

Using DZSALauncher helps because you can see what servers have no mods. You can also look at the forums: https://forums.dayz.com/forum/169-server-advertisement/ or the DayZ discord #communities_pc channel.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Dude,

I've literally been looking through the DZSA launcher for 3 days now trying to find servers that will offer a close to Vanilla experience and so far I'm having a lot of trouble finding one. Either they are 1pp only or they have super unrealistic mods like unlimited stamina, no damage to clothing or boots, no poisining, insane loot spawns, no night time, and on and on. So basically we either have to keep playing with hackers or we have to choose private servers that will not give us the Vanilla experience we want. Thanks a fucking lot Bohemia!

Edited by hyper_goon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hyper_goon said:

Dude,

I've literally been looking through the DZSA launcher for 3 days now trying to find servers that will offer a close to Vanilla experience and so far I'm having a lot of trouble finding one. Either they are 1pp only or they have super unrealistic mods like unlimited stamina, no damage to clothing or boots, no poisining, insane loot spawns, no night time, and on and on. So basically we either have to keep playing with hackers or we have to choose private servers that will not give us the Vanilla experience we want. Thanks a fucking lot Bohemia!

You could try my server but if you're looking for a high population, you won't find it. It's a small community server.

13 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

You could try my server but if you're looking for a high population, you won't find it. It's a small community server.

Which ones are yours? But also, you're in US so your servers may have too high ping for me to join.

17 hours ago, hyper_goon said:

Dude,

I've literally been looking through the DZSA launcher for 3 days now trying to find servers that will offer a close to Vanilla experience and so far I'm having a lot of trouble finding one. Either they are 1pp only or they have super unrealistic mods like unlimited stamina, no damage to clothing or boots, no poisining, insane loot spawns, no night time, and on and on. So basically we either have to keep playing with hackers or we have to choose private servers that will not give us the Vanilla experience we want. Thanks a fucking lot Bohemia

Yeah, using SA launcher still means combing through a number of servers, basically relying on the word vanilla being featured somewhere in the server name or description, as that's all you can search by. Could not figure out how to limit ping. I'm not looking for 3pp servers though, might as well play with unlimited stamina and all the gear in that case 😄

21 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Which ones are yours? But also, you're in US so your servers may have too high ping for me to join.

Anything under 200 ping is playable. I am in Germany and play on US servers with around 200

21 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Could not figure out how to limit ping. I'm not looking for 3pp servers though, might as well play with unlimited stamina and all the gear in that case 😄

set in serverdz.cfg

maxPing= 650;                     // Max ping value until server kicks the user (value in milliseconds)

39 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

The one in my signature. The server is in New York.

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

Anything under 200 ping is playable. I am in Germany and play on US servers with around 200

set in serverdz.cfg

maxPing= 650;                     // Max ping value until server kicks the user (value in milliseconds)

Thanks for the tip. 

I usually stick to <=100 but I might give it a try. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

The one in my signature. The server is in New York.

I'll check my forum settings because I don't see signatures 😄

5 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

I'll check my forum settings because I don't see signatures 😄

Just search for "Uncle Zed".

On 3/5/2020 at 1:19 PM, hyper_goon said:

the 3pp servers have no Stamina, or crazy loot spawns etc. that make the game too easy

so on one hand you are saying you dont want the game to be too easy, yet on the other you are saying you want to be able to corner and wall peak with 3pp....

k, sorry just funkin round now.  seriously tho.  dont give up on the game just cuz of a lil salt.  i myself put it down and am waiting for the bow and maybe some leathercraft, but i promis, once you find the right server the game will start to live up to its potential a little more.  stear clear of official and maybe give first person a go.  is way more immersive and geta rid of corner peaking which imo is for the weak anyway.

• Like 1

I play on 3PP Official servers and I am still getting worked by hackers.  Yet, ANOTHER case in point for the Devs who obviously dont care about this issue, to even respond with the slightest post about any answer...  My friend and I were in Gliniska, low crawling across the field...  ON OUR BELLIES!!!  Across the entire field in an attempt to NOT get shot...  but we did get shot..   But the odd thing was that we both got shot and killed at the exact same time.  No sound of a shot, no crack of a bullet..  We both had tactical helmats on with plate carriers..  not saying that this is a end all for protection, but i have survived direct head shots with a tactical helmat and been shot in the chest mutiple times from a high caliber rifle and survived.  This is a fucking problem and needs to be addressed..  and if I have to continue to bang this gong..  I will until BI takes note and makes battle eye do something..  

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

21 hours ago, xxDominion said:

if I have to continue to bang this gong..  I will until BI takes note and makes battle eye do something..  

u can flog a dead horse all day long.  itll never make the horse get up and run.  just use the time that you are wasting here to find urself a good comfy private server somewhere. once u find one you will never look back

• Beans 1

On 29.02.2020 at 07:09, Uncle Zed said:

Мой сервер тоже ванильный. Модов нет вообще. Я дал новым нерестам каменный нож, плюс немного поднял зомби, но это все, что я сделал. Никаких изменений в луте нет, и все игроки из Китая и России заблокированы.

Not all players from Russia are hackers and cheaters. I’ve been to DayZ from the very beginning and have never attacked for the first time in all time.

• Beans 1

It's not racist. Its logical. certain regions have no business joining servers with 200 plus ping. They bottle neck the server and they understand the game is unplayable. they are only there to test out their cheats. You sound like a cat lady calling him a racist for trying to keep his server playable.

• Beans 1

They haven’t even created the game they promised almost seven years ago now , you think they care about hackers ? They already have our money , they don’t care about the future of our interest in this “game” (aka walking simulator with run and gun features + some hackers).

This problem hasn't changed in 6+ years, the game going temporarily free to advertise just made the problem very, very obvious. I do find myself wondering, did Bohemia make more money on follow-up purchases, or did the people selling hacks make more money from the free period?

• Like 1

So I've been enjoying the Hideout, and smugglers rost? and a few others.     I will say, I dont really enjoy the hardcore PvP servers, they seem all about gear and killing.    Yes its fun for a bit, but i do enjoy the PvE part along with a bit of player killing.    the choices are soooo many.    I will keep up the trial and playing different server until i find a good home.

Even in a free trial Period and during a stay at home order time of quarantine , The steam charts dipped 2 thousand players less 🤣 take notes devs : you are doing something wrong if you can’t even get up to the peak players you had years ago (45k players) while in “finished 1.0 state” during a free trial period that’s smack dab in the middle of a quarantine period when everyone’s inside playing games ...

Just goes to show how mismanaged this project has become, you shouldn’t even need to do a free weekend if dayzs features and gameplay loops speak for themselves players would GLADLY be paying 50 dollars for the game .. but they aren’t and you had to make a free trial period during a quarantine time 😂🤣👌🏽

• Beans 1

Not sure if anyone is still looking for a community server that has the vanilla experience but..

mXs Vanilla Classic NoMod
178.170.181.126:2502

Not my server. Just found it recently.