@Greensek   are we getting money in PS4 version?   It would be a nice addition to the game, so that e can use a real currency rather than nails

Edited by Blades56
Spelling /grammar check

We don't have plans to add money into the game.

You probably have seen it in some modded PC servers.

Shame. Would b a nice touch.   Can't see it been that difficult to put in game.   

It wouldn't make any sort of sense though. The concept of currency is dependent on a powerful organisation, like a corporation or nation state, to back it up.

In the world of Dayz, cash would be worthless.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Max Planck said:

It wouldn't make any sort of sense though. The concept of currency is dependent on a powerful organisation, like a corporation or nation state, to back it up.

Then the currency could be called something like "gold" or "diamonds" (whatever) instead of "dollars" or "rubles".

Its not like people are/were not trading just because they were far enough from the Roman Empire to not be in contact with it - it just makes the currency something else then straight up money issued by a corporation or state..

I dont see how that argument makes sense, are you sure you guys are not just not up to the job? 😉 

Maybe its about time to get some of the modders that are doing some _real_ work on the game into the BI-fold?

As they are basically doing it for free right now it wouldn't even cost you a lot and the sale of the game on both the Xbox and PS4 ought to have contributed enough to the case that it only seems fair (but odd enough it seems like development is only slowing down).

It seems really strange to ignore all the really solid work they done - they got helicopters, various other cars, currency-system, trader-bases with an implemented safe-zone, a large number of guns, various equipment, bases that actually functions (aka cant be raided by a Bambi in 2 minutes) and tons of other really impressive stuff implemented in the game already on the modded servers on PC - and they probably know more about the game then half of BI's developers (what is there left, 10?) added together.

You guys seem to have a hard time just adding the "double-tap d-pad down to turn VOIP on for good"  working again or actually making the inventory work without game-breaking bugs - so maybe its about time?

Im not belittling the job you guys have done and are doing (I friggin love the game) but it has soooo much more potential.

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Max Planck said:

Wouldn't make sense.  Theres currency in all forms not just paper money. We use nails now but they are to heavy.  

57 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

Then the currency could be called something like "gold" or "diamonds" (whatever) instead of "dollars" or "rubles".

Its not like people are/were not trading just because they were far enough from the Roman Empire to not be in contact with it - it just makes the currency something else then straight up money issued by a corporation or state..

I dont see how that argument makes sense, are you sure you guys are not just not up to the job? 😉 

Well, just because someone was in a distant territory of the Roman Empire didn't mean they were left to their own devices.  Those provinces were still under their control.  Order was maintained by local governments established by the Empire.  

In the world of DayZ, I agree with Max that the form of currency you speak of makes no sense.  In the DayZ post-apocalyptic, chaotic world where there is no established structure of government, economy, etc., things like cash, gold or diamonds have little or no value.  Items of trade are mostly those that help keep you alive.  .......food, water, weapons, ammunition, clothing, services, tools, etc.  There is no order and no stability.  Any organic interactions I've had in the game have usually included the trade of items like these.  

.....but let's say they did simply add currency in the game.  What do players do with it?  BI would have to add an economic system in the game where players could spend this money otherwise it would (again) be useless.  The only sense I can see it making is for those creating their own RP servers, etc. where they establish shops, trading centers, safe zones, etc., with a simulated economy and established rules (i.e. control).  ....but then you're talking about a select few people that would take advantage of this while to everyone else the addition would be worthless.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

dont see how that argument makes sense, are you sure you guys are not just not up to the job? 😉

I'm not a developer, I'm a forum user with 'elevated privileges', a janitor of sorts. It's called a 'moderator'. I clean up spam, move topics around (seemingly at random) and give the rowdy folk the bum's rush. When I share my opinion, it doesn't reflect back on Bohemia. It does reflect the fact that I've been following the developement of DayZ since 2012, so there's that.

20 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

It doesn't matter what you call it, all that matters is its practical value. If there is no powerful, and trusted, organization around to guarantee that they'll back a currency, then you are left with a barter economy. You swap useful items for other useful items.

It seems really strange to ignore all the really solid work they done - (...) currency-system, trader-bases with an implemented safe-zone...

These things were never part of the original plan for DayZ and, hopefully, never will be. 

Edited by Max Planck
I'm messing up the formatting...

If you come face to face with me in Dayz with cash in your hand, I'll have no interest in your cash, but the loot you're carrying. Just like everyone else on the PS4 version.

To me, 9v batteries and military grade weaponry are currency to be taken by force. Not bartered for.

Now as a mod on a role playing community server, maybe..

12 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

Well, just because someone was in a distant territory of the Roman Empire didn't mean they were left to their own devices.  Those provinces were still under their control.  Order was maintained by local governments established by the Empire.  

And I was not talking about the distant Roman Empire, I was using an analogy where it was _outside_ that boundary. 🙂

11 hours ago, Max Planck said:

It doesn't matter what you call it, all that matters is its practical value. If there is no powerful, and trusted, organization around to guarantee that they'll back a currency, then you are left with a barter economy. You swap useful items for other useful items.

Exactly, and each item has a agreed upon value - like 1 swine is worth 50 chickens or whatever.

Use that and set up a system somewhere, just like others have done.

Until proven otherwise im gonna have to believe that you guys are just not up to the task as its working great where implemented by those that worked it out by themselves.

8 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Exactly, and each item has a agreed upon value - like 1 swine is worth 50 chickens or whatever.

Until proven otherwise im gonna have to believe that you guys are just not up to the task as its working great where implemented by those that worked it out by themselves.

For 'each item to have an agreed upon value', you would need to get all players in a server to agree upon that value. This might prove to be a hard task, given how DayZ players tend to behave... If they don't agree, and no one is enforcing a set price system on them, then it wouldn't exist. Except by magic.
There is not supposed to be magic in DayZ.

DayZ has always been about 'making it what you want it to be, with the tools you have available'. And I'm not talking about mod tools, but guns, nails and cans of peaches.
You want a trader? Go trade.
You want a safe zone? Get some friends and go make it safe.
You want a currency? Get people on your server to agree to one, or force them.
No magic.

Waching videos of a modded game on youtube might have given you the wrong impression of this game, but that doesn't, and shouldn't, change what it is.

And, again, I have nothing to do with development.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 9:12 PM, Jonas Levin said:

And I was not talking about the distant Roman Empire, I was using an analogy where it was _outside_ that boundary. 🙂

Well, it's not as though civilizations did not exist outside of the Roman Empire.  Not everyone was under their rule / control and yet they had their own laws, governments, economies, currencies, etc.  

On 2/24/2020 at 9:14 PM, Jonas Levin said:

As Max implies, you're describing a structured, controlled economy which simply does not exist in DayZ nor does it make sense in the setting they have created.  ......and where it does is only in private servers and only where the owner(s) dictate how it will work (e.g. "1 swine is worth 50 chickens or whatever").  

DayZ has no rules, law, structured government, etc. to establish such rules or an economy.  Certainly not on public servers.  Most times it's kill or be killed and when people do trade, it's based on what each other wants and what they feel the a trade is worth. 

Now, that doesn't mean some folks aren't able to create their own rules on their own private servers but you're asking BI to add something that would make no sense to most other player if they did.  Currency or precious minerals / stones would make no sense in this game and would be worthless loot to most. It would only be used by those who are into RP, etc. on rented servers.  That's the point I believe most of are trying to make here and you're missing.

Edited by Kean__1

In fact, money is just paper, but modern currencies are supported by the state. Money is the most liquid asset that can be exchanged for anything. Money is a universal measure of the value of a product. Despite the fact that some people believe that money is not the main thing in life, I do not agree with this. That's why I'm always looking for additional sources of income. I recently read on http://joywallet.com about the platforms on which you can play solitaire for real money. I am a real expert in this, so I am sure that I will be able to earn money on this.

Money is a powerful tool that shapes our lives and aspirations. Whether we pursue financial stability or chase dreams, it influences every decision we make. As the saying goes, "Money makes the world go round." If you're looking for financial assistance in Minnesota, consider exploring personal loans at https://triceloans.com/personal-loans-minnesota/. It might just be the stepping stone to turn your ambitions into reality. Remember, financial well-being is within reach!