ImpulZ

State of the 1.07 Console Issues

I got these FPS drops when i short open my Inventory. After that my game is unplayable. I can fix it by my own if i open the Gun wheel!

Playing on xbox one!

Edited by Masfan

Hello I'm an Xbox player. A few things I've noticed since the 1.07 dropped. When placing items such as barrels,tents, generators the item is not placed where the outline shows. 

Digging up a stash crashes server. Tried it once and I was alone on my server and it crashed. 

Opening or accessing your inventory in anyway immediately results in choppy FPS. Tapping your quick wheel button sets the FPS back. So does dropping one of your items equipped to your character and reequipping it off the ground. Reequipping oit of tour hands does not help the FPS. Location does not matter. Next to a base or alone in the middle of the woods. Accessing inventory creates choppy FPS regardless.

Regarding the usual FPS drops I have not noticed them get any better or worse. Towns still lag pretty hard but once most of it loads in the FPS seems to stabilize. That being said I am on the original xbox one so I can guarantee that has something to do with the normal FPS drops. The inventory FPS drops have nothing to do with my console or internet or location on map.

When dismantling fences (only tried fences) your planks,nails and logs will disappear once you dismantle the base. You can dismantle the walls and frames without nails and planks disappearing but once you dig up the base it all dissapears. Relogging will bring all the items back into view. 

Hope this helps anyone having issues and the devs get a working fix out. 

Hi @DarthM0L

Do you have a video? I can't reproduce this.

To easily share your Xbox clip I advise you to send it on twitter. 

(Opening or accessing your inventory in anyway immediately results in choppy FPS. Tapping your quick wheel button sets the FPS back. So does dropping one of your items equipped to your character and reequipping it off the ground. Reequipping oit of tour hands does not help the FPS. Location does not matter. Next to a base or alone in the middle of the woods. Accessing inventory creates choppy FPS regardless.)

Xbox one S for me

ps : update is here ( xbox one )  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149282 Resolved 😀

Edited by Fixthegame

I can only think of one game this poorly managed (star wars galaxy), it is as painful to play as it is to read your excuses. Get it together or lose your gamer base!!! And for god sake play test your half done patches before you release them, or have the monkeys writing your code do their due diligence. At this point you have fed us all a steamy turd sandwich and we deserve more than the smoke your blowing up our butts. Idiots.

First, thank you for the recent announcement about the latest fix for consoles following 1.07 update. I downloaded it today, and I've noticed some noticeable improvements. I do realise how complex a game like Dayz so I have every sympathy with the developers who are doing their level best to find workable solutions

I only find the inconsistent fps drops a significant issue since the update. It is apparently happening whenever I open the inventory menu (the PS4 the touch pad) and scroll through items. When I subsequently close the menu fps begins to suddenly fall. By pressing R1 bumper immediately before I close the menu the fps problem is seeming gone and I can continue until I reopen the menu. Also, it appears whenever check an item in the surrounding vicinity, for example a berry bush or backpack. I think that it is either the reworked inventory or new lighting. For the time being, I am using the above method to play throughout. I can tolerate a lot of gliches and/or bugs in video games, after all there is no perfect coding as errors can and do occur regularly, but I could see how this is especially bothersome to new players who are joining Dayz. Still, I won't ever stop supporting Dayz and congratulate the BI team for how far this sensational game has come. With Gratitude - E.F.        

On 2/14/2020 at 5:42 PM, ImpulZ said:

Dear Survivors,

yesterday's 1.07 Update regrettably introduced several new issues to the game. To be as transparent as possible with you, we would like to go into some detail on those problems and what we intend to do about them.

The game crash (blue screen on PS4), that most of you are currently experiencing, is a consequence of the recent work that was put into the inventory. However, as our inventory is quite complicated with countless options of switching and swapping on both the PC and console inventory, this error occurred on the consoles, as a result from the fixes. Our programmers are currently going through all interactions that are moving items to adjust them.

We have also seen a server crash appear which is most likely tied to the physics-based dropping of large items. This issue also seems to appear more often on console servers. So we will most likely revert the change temporarily, until a more solid solution is found.

An issue not as game-breaking, but certainly frustrating, is the voice-chat being triggered during inventory navigation. While we are currently prioritizing the crashes, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Last, but not least, we have received your reports of FPS-drops during the gameplay. But as we haven't been able to find their cause yet, we would ask you to provide us with some data on where you are experiencing the lag. Critical information is here:

1. The location your character is at
  2. The server you are playing on
  3. If there is anything unusual about this location, be it a player-made base, large amounts of loot, or just many structures

We will continue to focus on these priority issues, and hope to have fixes tested and ready for release by the beginning of next week. We apologise for the inconveniences and hope to have the problems resolved swiftly.

- Tim

@ImpulZ so when will we get a fix for the fps/stuttering issue? People gave plenty of Feedback on that since 1.07 dropped so iam hoping a  hotfix is close to be ready? Then by all love for the game but like that it is not playable, cause i get actually sick of it after a few min

Edited by Neophyter

14 hours ago, Neophyter said:

@ImpulZ so when will we get a fix for the fps/stuttering issue? People gave plenty of Feedback on that since 1.07 dropped so iam hoping a  hotfix is close to be ready? Then by all love for the game but like that it is not playable, cause i get actually sick of it after a few min

You play on server private? In private I have big fps drop in the pvp server especially when someone shoots his gun. On official servers I find that it's better. 

Xbox one S

Edited by Fixthegame

12 hours ago, Blades56 said:

Open your hot bar. Eliminates the stuttering

So u sayn itz fine like that yeah? Hold ur quickbar open the hole time? Ähhh no, thats bs. 

12 hours ago, Neophyter said:

So u sayn itz fine like that yeah? Hold ur quickbar open the hole time? Ähhh no, thats bs. 

@Neophyter.   BS is  replying to a question you dont fully understand  what they are saying or what your even on about... 

All you need to do is open the hot wheel for about 0.5s and then release said button to enable you to continue on your journey.

Even a simple minded person like you knows you won't Beable to play the game like that

Edited by Blades56
Spelling /grammar check

On 2/27/2020 at 11:15 AM, Blades56 said:

@Neophyter.   BS is  replying to a question you dont fully understand  what they are saying or what your even on about... 

All you need to do is open the hot wheel for about 0.5s and then release said button to enable you to continue on your journey.

Even a simple minded person like you knows you won't Beable to play the game like that

Even if it would be fine by doin that, it cant be the propper long term solution.oh an btw depends on where u are on the map but mostly it fixes it only for 2sec. So if u think itz fine pressing a button every 2 seconds that the game dosent stutter u are an idiot. Plane simple

Hi! I know it's a couple of months later haha but I'm having issues with the FPS one my Xbox one S (not the one X) and found this thread so I figured I'd post. I'm getting frame drop basically anywhere that's a small to medium sized town and above on the asia servers (playing from New Zealand). It's pretty laggy but still playable, but I know as soon as I get into a firefight it's most likely going to drop a whole bunch of frames and get me killed. Other than that though I'm enjoying the game, cool that it's on the game pass now!

On 2/14/2020 at 7:42 PM, ImpulZ said:

Last, but not least, we have received your reports of FPS-drops during the gameplay. But as we haven't been able to find their cause yet, we would ask you to provide us with some data on where you are experiencing the lag.

Why this is still don’t fixed?