ImpulZ

State of the 1.07 Console Issues

While you’re at it, please fix inventory. I swapped an apple that was in my hand for a tire repair kit that was in my car and the apple will not come out= Inventory glitch. This applies to barrels, tents, crates.

The collision with the barbed wire gate it’s not fixed. When I opened my gate, I walked through (open gate) and the invisible barbed wire glitch is still there! It gave me 2 cuts! The door is freaking open! How can it cut me man?! This update is worst then before so I returned to playing PUBG and World War Z.

Ive already been refunded once by Sony and bought it again for 1.06. I’ve been patient with this broken mess. Fix it for once and for all or just let us know you can’t and I will deinstall and move on man.

PS for the love of god fix the fucking flying bear that’s unstoppable glitching into houses with closed doors and all. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by Hollowtip
  • Like 1

Anyone notice a bug where you can see the glare from the sun inside a house? It just pops up randomly for me in certain spots then goes away 

• Like 1

The performance issues are mostly during sunrise and sunset, as has always been the case since you first changed all servers to be 2 hour days, 1 hour nights. When the sun is directly overhead or not visible at all, performance is better than last patch.

2 hours ago, Elderflower said:

I don't usually go to these Game forums but since this new update I now have to say something. I bought the incredible Dayz as soon as it arrived on PS4 in May 2019. I paid £39.99. Even with all the glitches and bugs it instantly became (and still is) my favourite gaming experience of all time. Then Dayz 1.07 console update dropped this week. It has become completely unplayable. The FPS drops every couple of seconds when running across fields, going past buildings, everywhere basically. It is horrendous, and makes the game an absolute nightmare to play. Please revert back to 1.06 until everything is fixed with 1.07 I can wait months until it is done.

South West of Map  EU 2524 

or just wait for next gen consoles and have no problems running the game except physics bugs and desync... caused by server running on mostly 1 core instead of multiple 😛  i hope people understand that current gen consoles are essentially middle range PC's from around the time DayZ came into existence... aka 2012... maybe 2013

I've crashed 4 times already. 3 times in Sobotka on the livonia map within 10 minutes of gameplay. I'm using OG Xbox with Samsung SSD. There were about 3-4 players around. Tons of dead zombies. Everytime I would relog into the game I'd start looting and it would crash again. I'm done playing until I start hearing about a stable version of the game being released.

Hello, I built a home in se-046, changed the server, changed it, and built a home in de-1486 server. When I update it, the home is gone again. I want to ask what's the situation, please check it, hope it can attract your attention, and we are going to crash twice in a row.

Thanks for the update Tim. I realize this is a work in progress and appreciate your efforts. That being said. Was this play tested? Game breaking crash like that seams like something that should have been shook out before the patch went live no?

You guys are doing great work. Keep it up.

On a personal opinion. Not a fan of the lighting changes in night mode. The game is better in the dark. IMHO

It's the bright night system. We had it enabled and the FPS drops were all the time no matter the location or time, day or night, stuttering every second. Turned it off and we were back to normal. 

Fps drop spike location

Xbox US server - MI-8674

Skalisty island

Castle at Skalisty actually looks to have been changed in the new update. Walls are more closed in, I'm assuming for more appealing base building locations. Some of the walls are different structurally. The middle platform with loot spawns is no longer there. The new change brings a significant fps drop in and around the castle.

10 hours ago, PsychxWard said:

Anyone notice a bug where you can see the glare from the sun inside a house? It just pops up randomly for me in certain spots then goes away 

Been there since 1.06 gotta close the game to fix. 

The lag and shuddering is pretty much anywhere I go since the patch from troitskoe military base to  nagornoe area. Ps4 EU 864 server. 

9 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

or just wait for next gen consoles and have no problems running the game except physics bugs and desync... caused by server running on mostly 1 core instead of multiple 😛  i hope people understand that current gen consoles are essentially middle range PC's from around the time DayZ came into existence... aka 2012... maybe 2013

Yeah but the point is, it ran decent 1.06, certainly enjoyable and acceptable framerate wise. It took a massive hit when the patch dropped. I've only been playing this game on ps4 for the last few weeks and love it but 1.07 is a bit on of a mess. 

• Beans 1

EU DE 4445 the FPS drops constantly, worst in forests, houses or cities.

General running around isnt as smooth as it was before the update.

how about giving us access to the init.c file!!

Like we can hardly do much as it is............

3 hours ago, Sabre Flurry said:

Yeah but the point is, it ran decent 1.06, certainly enjoyable and acceptable framerate wise. It took a massive hit when the patch dropped. I've only been playing this game on ps4 for the last few weeks and love it but 1.07 is a bit on of a mess. 

you also missed the point that they messed with the graphics a little bit and improved the lighting and im not talking just about night time light but lighting in general... shadows are darker which we really need... interior lighting sucks

Even with a SSD in the PS4 Pro, there are consistent performance drops whenever you come near a group of wooden crates, buried stashes, barrels, tents, or player-made structures. It happens all the time. Doesn't matter which server I'm playing on.

Thank you for the open and transparent reporting, it's refreshing. As a seasoned professional, I would state that my opinion would be to roll back to 1.06. While that version may have had some issues, it was far superior to 1.07. While rolling back may be an embarrassing action, the game is pretty much unplayable in the current state. 

Respectfully, 

This is exactly what i would have expected from this company! Nothing against the poor devs remaining on this project but Bohemia Interactive, like every other game company out there, only care about profit, no concerns of quality what so ever. They take a game that should still be in alpha, not even beta honestly, and throw a 1.0 label on it, collect a bunch of money and then instead of dedicating themselves to fulfill their commitments to that game, they take away much needed resources and put those resources into “another project” and leave the initial project on life support until it eventually dies.

Its sad really because there is no competition for a game like dayz, it has so much potential that will never come about because there is no money in “fixing” games, and there is no repercussion for selling unfinished products. They move on to the next money maker and as soon as they milk it they surely will abandon it half finished for a new cash grab. Feel bad for the remaining devs but hopefully this huge failure will show BI that they cant do it with such a small team left to work on it and hopefully revert their decision and put the team back on it, im doubtful but heres hoping! Oh yeah, would it really be that hard to have test servers so they can use the player base to test their updates seeing as how they clearly dont have testers, CLEARLY!!!! 
I remember making a joke offering up my squad to test for them 😂 on here months ago before 1.04, due to them dropping a shit patch and they gave me a warning for being unconstructive! 

Hey everyone I just thought I would share this information for not only the community but for the devs as well. I play on a PS4 Pro with a 2TB Firecuda hybrid drive. For the longest time I played in 4K with HDR enabled (not sure if the game utilizes HDR but I digress) and I just couldn’t stand anymore with the constant FPS drop. On foot in towns, driving especially getting close to any town or city, you name it. I changed my resolution from the Settings > Sound and Screen > Resolution option from the Automatic setting to display in 4K when available to straight 1080p with HDR still enabled. I no longer get poor frame rate while scoped in with a Hunting Scope, PU Scope, or PSO-1 Scope variant rifle. I can haul ass through towns on foot but still weary of cars while coming into towns and cities of course. Since 1.07 dropped this past Thursday, I have not experienced any stuttering that I have seen that most people are encountering. I’m not sure of everyone’s setups in terms if they are playing on a Pro or Xbone X with 4K enabled or what, but I’ve seen that certain people are suggesting it’s due to the new lightning they have introduced. I don’t know, I’m not one of the devs so take what I’m saying with a grain of salt, but I am saying it’s worth a shot so you don’t get shot 😃

Edited by MooDee
Blah lighting not lightning.

4 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

you also missed the point that they messed with the graphics a little bit and improved the lighting and im not talking just about night time light but lighting in general... shadows are darker which we really need... interior lighting sucks

I didn't miss the point.

Crashing as soon as you join a server, trying to get into games is getting ridiculous. Writing this now, on my 6th attempt. 15 seconds to load in. Let's see what happens...

Finally in. 6th attempt is very poor. Come on BI why is nobody testing these updates before release ?

17 hours ago, Sabre Flurry said:

I didn't miss the point.

They upgraded the graphics a bit meaning more stress on already shitshack console... DayZ is next gen game... You're literally getting early Access on console to it.. you should have gotten it on next gen consoles when you get PS5 or Xbox X

18 hours ago, Scooter2shoes said:

This is exactly what i would have expected from this company! Nothing against the poor devs remaining on this project but Bohemia Interactive, like every other game company out there, only care about profit, no concerns of quality what so ever. They take a game that should still be in alpha, not even beta honestly, and throw a 1.0 label on it, collect a bunch of money and then instead of dedicating themselves to fulfill their commitments to that game, they take away much needed resources and put those resources into “another project” and leave the initial project on life support until it eventually dies.

Its sad really because there is no competition for a game like dayz, it has so much potential that will never come about because there is no money in “fixing” games, and there is no repercussion for selling unfinished products. They move on to the next money maker and as soon as they milk it they surely will abandon it half finished for a new cash grab. Feel bad for the remaining devs but hopefully this huge failure will show BI that they cant do it with such a small team left to work on it and hopefully revert their decision and put the team back on it, im doubtful but heres hoping! Oh yeah, would it really be that hard to have test servers so they can use the player base to test their updates seeing as how they clearly dont have testers, CLEARLY!!!! 
I remember making a joke offering up my squad to test for them 😂 on here months ago before 1.04, due to them dropping a shit patch and they gave me a warning for being unconstructive! 

Idk about this but i belive Bohemia Interactive is a private company... ( just confirmed it is PRIVATE ) not publicly traded company... so they don't get investments or atleast not as much/big investments from other companies like Ubisoft and others.... so this means what they earn is what they have... They are making other games in order to make even more money so they can use it on DayZ and ArmA ... Vigor is a nice game but it's an XBOX exclusive >:c i would pay for it to come on PC onto Steam like 15 euros.. also very few people can develop DayZ so if you put many unqualified devs onto DayZ who don't know how it works we would get even more broken patches... imagine putting a Java Script dev into C# game xD Bohemia doesn't have billions and billions of dollars like Ubisoft or EA or Epic Games... if they did we would have gotten to this stage like 2-3 years ago
Also i wouldn't attack Bohemia like that since they have military... they have an actual soviet T-72 😛  Don't piss them off or you will provoke WW3 is gonna happen xD

So the lag happens to me mostly in the bigger citys, or when we are in the cars there is a huge pop up.... when im not in or near big city everything is fine. Then there is a scope glitch, when im trying to scope there is a big white square so i cant see. On livonia after a big fight with zombies i cant use bandages they are kinda glitched too. But most annoying lag is pop up... textures wont spawn, cant run because something is in front of me but i cant see it its just crazy. Please fix this as soon as possible because i like the game but this drives me away from the game. 

Edited by njobe

For me the FPS drop isnt as big an issue as the game instantly locking up and freezing the moment you log in.

Since the latest patch, it's taking me on average 20 minutes of launching the game, loading into server, instant game lock up / freeze, force close game, rinse and repeat 6 or 7 times before being able to actually play.

Very frustrating.