Siccness06

Tents xbox

Do tents exist in the xbox version? Me and a buddy have spent weeks looking for tents in all different areas i have seen vidoes of them found but have had no luck. Can anyone help?

I found a large tent at a heli crash site, but no luck finding medium tents in the wild. However, I did come across a base that had a couple of medium tents cleverly (glitchingly) pitched into the high ground such that the back half was glitched into the ground and I couldn't interact with it and break it down. Try hunting for them in a persistence off server for better luck probably. 

I can assure you that tents do in fact exist on xbox. I have half dozen large tents, about 4 meduim tents set up along the coast with good gear and food in them in case i die and have to start over near the shores, and even one car tent on my private server! I have found one large tent on a public server account so far. Admittedly they are much harder to come by in public servers as people horde way too much in this game as a rule, but they do exist.

Just now, Siccness06 said:

Do tents exist in the xbox version? Me and a buddy have spent weeks looking for tents in all different areas i have seen vidoes of them found but have had no luck. Can anyone help?

dont bother with tents, what this nice fella has mentioned is the reason none of the higher tier loot spawns, because people like that have stashed all the good gear it no longer spawns, just play life by life, bases would be cool if they didn't completely ruin the loot economy, but they do, so having a base in thought isn't a bad thing, but what it causes is a brand new player coming into the game not being sure whether aks or m4s even spawn as our friend here and others like him stashing all the good loot and noone else ever seeing it.

• Like 2

Any ideas where the best location to find one? Been over  month searched several locations for days and still no luck. Or is it just a waste of time trying to enjoy a feature thats clearly broke  bc of such dupers? 

On 2/14/2020 at 2:06 PM, RyanS1994 said:

dont bother with tents, what this nice fella has mentioned is the reason none of the higher tier loot spawns, because people like that have stashed all the good gear it no longer spawns, just play life by life, bases would be cool if they didn't completely ruin the loot economy, but they do, so having a base in thought isn't a bad thing, but what it causes is a brand new player coming into the game not being sure whether aks or m4s even spawn as our friend here and others like him stashing all the good loot and noone else ever seeing it.

Can't really blame him for playing the game the way he wants to. This issue lays more on the developer for having it be like this in the first place. Jus saying...

18 hours ago, Siccness06 said:

Any ideas where the best location to find one?

Easiest bestest places to find tents.

1. Empty Community servers.

2. Rent your own server. Increase tent spawn rate to over 9,000. All the tents you want. Tents inside of tents. Tentception.

3. Find a base and steal their shit. Public or Community 😏 doesn't matter.

4. Walmart has cheap tents.

5. Dick's sporting goods too.

20 hours ago, Siccness06 said:

Any ideas where the best location to find one? Been over  month searched several locations for days and still no luck. Or is it just a waste of time trying to enjoy a feature thats clearly broke  bc of such dupers? 

I found a medium sized tent yesterday at a chopper crash near Zelenogorsk on American server MI 8282. That server has persistence turned off but I still couldn't find any high tier weapons on it, even at the chopper crashes. Dupers appear to be running strong on persistence off servers also I suspect. Good luck.

19 hours ago, Esmy said:

Can't really blame him for playing the game the way he wants to.

I know this thread is kinda old but this argument isn't, and needs to be dropped asap.

No, he can't play the game like he wants just because he paid for it. If your actions affect other players (who payed for the game as-well) and you're aware of it but still doing it, youre just an asshole who dont know how to have fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoundEnginar2 said:

I know this thread is kinda old but this argument isn't, and needs to be dropped asap.

No, he can't play the game like he wants just because he paid for it. If your actions affect other players (who payed for the game as-well) and you're aware of it but still doing it, youre just an asshole who dont know how to have fun.

Isn't it the point of the game to look for loot rather than just expect it to be there?

It's not cheating the game by travelling the map on the same server looting towns and mil sites and if I've made the effort to do so then I will keep what I find.

Now the line is drawn with duping, meatballing and any other funky glitches that some gamers like to exploit which do ruin the game but if you play the game like an actual survivor then you will only care about yourself and nobody else 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, SoundEnginar2 said:

Now that's funny!

My ignore list says hello.

18 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Isn't it the point of the game to look for loot rather than just expect it to be there?

It's not cheating the game by travelling the map on the same server looting towns and mil sites and if I've made the effort to do so then I will keep what I find.

Now the line is drawn with duping, meatballing and any other funky glitches that some gamers like to exploit which do ruin the game but if you play the game like an actual survivor then you will only care about yourself and nobody else 🤷‍♂️

No, the point of the game is to survive as long as possible.

There's a difference between "keeping what you find" and hoarding. 

If you find 3 AKMs, but you only have enough carry space for one with mags and ammo, what you do next determines if you are a survivor or a hoarder. 

Guys who have tents full of aks, m4s, tundras, nvgs, etc are hoarders and are ruining the game for you and me and everyone else.

People who dupe and hoard are mostly pvp-ers who suck at pubg/fortnite/cod and come to DayZ to hunt on the coast. 

Tbh, I'm fine with not having an m4 or an ak coz I've just come to terms that selfish people play this game.

But to come on the official forums and spew illogical garbage will always get my goat. 

If you were "an actual survivor", you'd only need a hunting rifle, knife, cooking pot and a tent and you wouldn't be stocking up on guns; you'd be stocking up on food.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 4:49 PM, Esmy said:

Can't really blame him for playing the game the way he wants to. This issue lays more on the developer for having it be like this in the first place. Jus saying...

not blaming anyone but the flawed loot economy it just sucks lol

• Like 1

I found a car tent today it was empty and I still couldn't fold it up and take it it's just stuck on the map unused and empty

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:47 AM, Thunderpants_AU said:

No, the point of the game is to survive as long as possible.

There's a difference between "keeping what you find" and hoarding. 

If you find 3 AKMs, but you only have enough carry space for one with mags and ammo, what you do next determines if you are a survivor or a hoarder. 

Guys who have tents full of aks, m4s, tundras, nvgs, etc are hoarders and are ruining the game for you and me and everyone else.

People who dupe and hoard are mostly pvp-ers who suck at pubg/fortnite/cod and come to DayZ to hunt on the coast. 

Tbh, I'm fine with not having an m4 or an ak coz I've just come to terms that selfish people play this game.

But to come on the official forums and spew illogical garbage will always get my goat. 

If you were "an actual survivor", you'd only need a hunting rifle, knife, cooking pot and a tent and you wouldn't be stocking up on guns; you'd be stocking up on food.

I agree on the hoarding of guns, I would even go as far to say stashing a variable array of guns (Only one though) for different scenarios isn't a bad thing. Nobody needs 3 each of the AK and M4's.

With regards to the AR's, I haven't had one on an official server for a while now (pre 1.0 I'm talking) but I have got used to using a Tundra/SKS, pistol and either a shotgun or MP5 and for me that's good enough.

People will survive how they see fit so what you need to survive won't suit another person, if we all played the game the same way it would be boring as f**k!!

On 3/2/2020 at 7:04 PM, Tino81 said:

I agree on the hoarding of guns, I would even go as far to say stashing a variable array of guns (Only one though) for different scenarios isn't a bad thing. Nobody needs 3 each of the AK and M4's.

With regards to the AR's, I haven't had one on an official server for a while now (pre 1.0 I'm talking) but I have got used to using a Tundra/SKS, pistol and either a shotgun or MP5 and for me that's good enough.

People will survive how they see fit so what you need to survive won't suit another person, if we all played the game the same way it would be boring as f**k!!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as far as having an AR (been playing since launch on xbox) 

As far as playing the same way and it being boring, I totally agree with you and that will never happen, but that has nothing to do with people surviving how they see fit. It's quite interesting when you think about it; no one is forced to play the game a certain way, but at the same time you are: you will more likely survive if you prioritise food and water over getting geared up, but along the way you will inevitably come across different situations; do you kill the zombies or avoid them, do you pick up the guns and sacrifice carry capacity, do you pick up ammo for guns you don't have and sacrifice carry capacity, do you run towards the shots or away from them...

As you said, every one plays as they see fit, but when you boil it right down, we all face the same decisions. 

What I need to survive is exactly the same as every other player: food, water, clothing and shelter. Anything else is a luxury.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as far as having an AR (been playing since launch on xbox) 

As far as playing the same way and it being boring, I totally agree with you and that will never happen, but that has nothing to do with people surviving how they see fit. It's quite interesting when you think about it; no one is forced to play the game a certain way, but at the same time you are: you will more likely survive if you prioritise food and water over getting geared up, but along the way you will inevitably come across different situations; do you kill the zombies or avoid them, do you pick up the guns and sacrifice carry capacity, do you pick up ammo for guns you don't have and sacrifice carry capacity, do you run towards the shots or away from them...

As you said, every one plays as they see fit, but when you boil it right down, we all face the same decisions. 

What I need to survive is exactly the same as every other player: food, water, clothing and shelter. Anything else is a luxury.

100% agree with you mate 👍

• Like 1