Sign in to follow this  
Exxoduss

66.242.11.162:2402

i AM NOT SURE WHERE TO POST INFORMATION GATHERED TO PROTECT ME FROM A (NOT SO GOOD AT) CHEATING CHEATER.

Server 66.242.11.162:2404

Time: 1:52pm Eastern standard time

Feb. 10th 2020

495 meters east of Novaya Petrovka

DayZ US 3664185

Was in a locked 4 door bi-pass barn and a player shot through the wall at a 200+ meter distance twice and killed me and once to a buddy and killed. No misses. I am requesting the player statistic log be cross referenced and the cheaters mac address be sent to battle eye for development and system integration. 

You are the person who should report him for cheating. Making a post on this forum like this is not the way.

You should have a video and contact battleeye with said video. 

This Will be ingnored im afraid 

If that's an offical server, you're out of luck. Those have no admins. 

4 hours ago, McWendy said:

You are the person who should report him for cheating. Making a post on this forum like this is not the way.

You should have a video and contact battleeye with said video. 

This Will be ingnored im afraid 

And where do I post a cheater report? Besides Its not to ban the cheater, its so battle eye can use the data the cheater uses to enhance there cheat detection. banning the cheater is not the goal. Besides recording a video would do absolutly no good here. the video nor the game offers anykind of determining factors that will display the user, only the statisctics logs have that information and you will need a API code to access it and only Bohemia has that information.

Edited by Exxoduss
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

If that's an offical server, you're out of luck. Those have no admins. 

Do You onl yown the one server Zed?

1 hour ago, Exxoduss said:

four by the look of it . ..  but one dead . . .

vuxdJ0h.png

I don't really have enough information to make an informed decision on this specific case.  That said, there are some details that raise questions.  These barns are bulletproof now?  How are you sure that they didn't miss with any shots?  Maybe he sprayed the structure with a VSS, with armor piercing rounds?  Would you have reported this if you didn't die?

I'm not saying that cheaters don't exist or that you're not a victim, but I'm not really seeing enough data about the situation to make me believe that authorities would want to take action.

17 hours ago, Exxoduss said:

i Was in a locked 4 door bi-pass barn and a player shot through the wall at a 200+ meter distance twice and killed me and once to a buddy and killed. No misses. I am requesting the player statistic log be cross referenced and the cheaters mac address be sent to battle eye for development and system integration. 

I'm really curious how do you know this detailed info? Also, which barn were you in? Because the small one has holes in its walls. 

Edited by William Sternritter

10 hours ago, Exxoduss said:

Yes, I have two servers. One modded server on Livonia and a vanilla server on Chernarus.

7 hours ago, Parazight said:

I don't really have enough information to make an informed decision on this specific case.  That said, there are some details that raise questions.  These barns are bulletproof now?  How are you sure that they didn't miss with any shots?  Maybe he sprayed the structure with a VSS, with armor piercing rounds?  Would you have reported this if you didn't die?

I'm not saying that cheaters don't exist or that you're not a victim, but I'm not really seeing enough data about the situation to make me believe that authorities would want to take action.

Experience.
Sound.

Confirmed by a friend that was with me.

and like I said, I amnot after getting the player banned because of the lack of so-called "proof" but it is enough for battleeye to use for whatever they do to detect cheats can be found here, because he is undetected. Using the info I provided is sufficient into obtaining his subnet, in turn tracked... So Yeah- I want the anti cheat software to detect them rather then just banning him, If that makes sence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

I'm really curious how do you know this detailed info? Also, which barn were you in? Because the small one has holes in its walls. 

Gentlemen:

The kinda evidence you are after for me to prove my story is not exactly....   Ok,  I can back up two steps and go this route if you need beyond a reasonable doubt- You can find walls with camo netting and barbed wire around the Myshinko/pustoshka area, these walls where part of a base I had. If you come to the server and look around you will find them. I can even go as far as to say I have the name of this so called cheater. Which I do. But I cannot prove it with the tools given to me. So I am not going there, The next best thing is to investigate a suspiciose report and apon your examination will find in explicaple evidence and self explanitory findings, this I am sure.  I am not a child- nor do I make accusations lightly, I can give a 2 page report on my experience and understanding of reporting cheaters to admining game servers etc... I dont want to brag or any of that crap,  but I do know what I am talking about and my tools are limited for total proof so there is no effort on Bohemia's part, which is understandable, but I did not make the game, I play the game. Cheaters are a bi product of such ventures, I understand this. but if it was not in Bohemia's interest, then why even have battleeye protected servers... see where I am getting with this..?

I am not going to push this anymore then what I have just done... If he continues to harass me, I will just stop playing on that server.. done... If this is a problem for you to continue, that is fine- you must do what your priorities are layed out in front of you and thats fine... This is closed and really- Does not require a responce from either me or anyone for that matter...  Please dont take offence at that.

Edited by Exxoduss

@Exxoduss So first of all, I don't think that anyone who replied to you is a BI dev or customer service or in any formal capacity to help you. I certainly am just another player. 

Submit your complaint and any evidence you have through the official channels. If you cannot or don't want to provide that evidence because you yourself are using additional tools which are not exactly legal, then I'm not sure what the devs can do for you.  

9 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

@Exxoduss So first of all, I don't think that anyone who replied to you is a BI dev or customer service or in any formal capacity to help you. I certainly am just another player. 

Submit your complaint and any evidence you have through the official channels. If you cannot or don't want to provide that evidence because you yourself are using additional tools which are not exactly legal, then I'm not sure what the devs can do for you.  

That was my innitial question- What forum channel do I report this in!?

Edited by Exxoduss

There are no forum channels here to report this, really.  Your best bet is to go through Steam/Valve and Battleeye.  Maybe their forums.  This website, from the beginning, has directed such things that way.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Well It is NOT Steams Responsibility to police DayZ Servers This I can assure you. 

I have been engaged in talks with steam administrators before about the platform downloading client side screens shots from any games on its platform to assist in cheat prevention on Valve protected servers and it does not work that way. 

Well I had better be careful here...  But from  my understanding- Valve offers this service as just that, And it is mostly for user agreements and valve content provided by valve, Dayz Servers do not fit here for the most part, Even if blacklisted on a valve server. hence the Dayz Launcher

Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) is an anti-cheat component of the Steam platform, and it is used to protect against in-game cheating in a variety of games. Any modification to a game which allows for one player to have an advantage over another player may be considered a cheat. The VAC system detects cheats using cheat signatures, and should a cheat be detected by VAC the offending player will receive a VAC ban.

A VAC ban is not to be confused with a server side specific ban. If you receive the notification message "STEAMID IS BANNED" when attempting to join a game-server then you have received a server side specific ban. The server administration team for the server in question have decided to prohibit you from joining their server, but you have not received a VAC ban and as a result you may continue to partake on other game-servers. VAC is an automated system and server administrators may not impose a VAC ban. 

How do I know if a server is VAC protected?

Servers are VAC protected if the following notification is displayed when joining a server - "Note: This server is VAC secured. Cheating will result in a permanent ban". A visual representation of this notification may be found here[i132.photobucket.com]. The VAC shield is also displayed on the Steam server browser to indicate if a specific server is VAC protected. A visual representation of the VAC shield in the Steam server browser may be found here[i132.photobucket.com].

Important:

Please do not publicly post SteamIDs, Cheats or links to Cheater Websites on the forums.

How do I report an abusive admin?

If you encounter an abusive admin, please keep in mind that you have the option to use other servers at your discretion.

If you believe an admin may have altered your game settings (this is referred to as "admin slowhacking"), please see the link below:

Game Settings Have Suddenly Been Changed (Admin Slowhacking)

How do I report a new cheat or cheat website?

If you know of a new cheat (especially private cheats; ones that aren't on a public website), or a new cheat website and can provide links to the site or the actual cheat binaries, please send an email with pertinent information to the following email address:

vacreview@valvesoftware.com

All emails are read and reviewed by the VAC development team.

Sigh- I am getting the feeling I am just chasing my own tail here...  But like i said, If the cheater continues to harrass me I will just find another server to play on.  Although this should be an important topic and needs morelight shined apon it, from a dayz members standpoint if at the least not a bohemia Standpoint

Be Strong- Hiding your eyes does not make bad things go away, just eases the pain apon which, when delivered.

Edited by Exxoduss

Switch server, currently you won't get any help for official servers. Plus nothing in this game is worth enduring harrassment, not even bases.

Since I started playing this game three days after standalone release, there has never been any real effort made to catch and ban cheaters. There are many games that use BattleEye as their anti-cheat solution and it on all the games I've played that use it, there are hackers. It is an ineffective solution but the only one that will be used, because anything else is too expensive. DayZ brought a lot of money in early based on the success of the ArmA 2 mod, but poor project management since then has soured the community: I suspect they've already blown through that money (leading to their decision to release it early), and there won't be enough money in the future to swap from what they already have to something more effective.

Don't play on public servers, they're pits of hacking and toxic twelve-year-olds. Your best bet is to pick a server with a high entrance threshold - whitelist applications that involve more than checkboxes is a good place to start. The higher you can raise the barrier to entry, the lower the chance you'll find hackers or poor sports.