Sign in to follow this  
Salty seadog

The weapon loot economy needs to change.

I don’t think the current system that calculates if assault rifles/ high tier weapons spawning is a good system.

Ive played Livonia to death. My mates have played it to death. The combined amount of loot runs through heli sites or military barracks has to be in the high thousands between us. Nobody has come across even an AKM.

Currently every single gun that has a spawn limit is buried in a box that will never be found, and the timer is refreshed by these groups that don’t even equip these guns (literally just horde them). I’m also fairly sure that duping is still a thing, and further solidifies the poor design of this mechanic.

if the goal of this system was to make these guns rare, but obtainable, then it has failed.

PLEASE remove the server cap for ALL of these guns (heli guns too). If you have to just tweak (or lower) the spawn rates to accommodate this change, so be it. Please just do it soon, don’t wait another 4 months till the next patch to do it.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Salty seadog said:

PLEASE remove the server cap for ALL of these guns (heli guns too).

While I agree the CLE is broken in this regard, this is not the solution.  Removing an upper limit for weapons would simply result in more of the same issue -- there would still be none of these weapons available to loot, but a whole lot more of them would be buried.

I'm not sure how they fix this properly, other than removing the ability to bury items altogether.

The only other thing I can think of would be to have weapons items that are buried lose "health" at an accelerated rate, perhaps even degrading a notch every 24 hours.  This would mean a pristine AKM buried on Monday would be ruined and vanish from its stash by the weekend, allowing the CLE to spawn one somewhere.  This rate of decay would be completely unrealistic of course, but would at least somewhat address the issue.

It would force the hoarders to have to dig up their stashes in order to "clean" the weapons with duct tape or a gun cleaning kit.  The tediousness of having to do this regularly would dissuade them from burying weapons in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

While I agree the CLE is broken in this regard, this is not the solution.  Removing an upper limit for weapons would simply result in more of the same issue -- there would still be none of these weapons available to loot, but a whole lot more of them would be buried.

I'm not sure how they fix this properly, other than removing the ability to bury items altogether.

The only other thing I can think of would be to have weapons items that are buried lose "health" at an accelerated rate, perhaps even degrading a notch every 24 hours.  This would mean a pristine AKM buried on Monday would be ruined and vanish from its stash by the weekend, allowing the CLE to spawn one somewhere.  This rate of decay would be completely unrealistic of course, but would at least somewhat address the issue.

It would force the hoarders to have to dig up their stashes in order to "clean" the weapons with duct tape or a gun cleaning kit.  The tediousness of having to do this regularly would dissuade them from burying weapons in the first place.

I like this Idea. Never mind the realism of degradation time from soil to metal. Its sped up like thirsty/hungry so fits in rather well. 

A week from pristine to ruined sounds about right. Only fixable with a gun clean kit would have my preference. The duct tape is just BS imo.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

The duct tape is just BS imo.

Seeing how much a simple duct tape can repair, they should rename it FlexTape 😁

• Haha 1

That's all configurable by a server owner. One could even remove shovels from the loot - problem solved - nothing is buried! 🙂

All mil. grade weapons spawn rate is good for now I believe. I regularly risk myself going to NWAF, Tisy on a full server and after 5 days, I found 2 AK's and a Vaiga. We have to accept the reality of that the spawn rates are VERY RARE now. Just because you search the mil bases regularly dowsnt mean you can find AK's or M4's. Also, If they can create a system that doesnt F. up with CLE, theres nothing wrong with burying crates.