Anything for goon

my game only has certain sound

i just brought dayz after finally getting my pc i then launch it to only realise that i can only hear certain sounds such as world sound and thats it i cant hear foot steps or my own gunshot or anything of that matter would appreciate a fix on this issue as its stopping me from playing 

If you haven't already, try verifying your game files using your Steam client -- you might be missing some files.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Anything for goon said:

i just brought dayz after finally getting my pc i then launch it to only realise that i can only hear certain sounds such as world sound and thats it i cant hear foot steps or my own gunshot or anything of that matter would appreciate a fix on this issue as its stopping me from playing 

Stupid question maybe but do you meet the minimal spec requirements? I figure you do.

1 hour ago, Styrmesson said:

Probably old drivers for the sound card.

He said he Just got his pc so assuming Windows 10 is installed drivers are the least of his problems.

Sounds more like a memory issue to me. Weak RAM or installed on HDD? 

10 hours ago, Anything for goon said:

i validated them and still no sounds

You might try playing around with your Sound settings.  I'm assuming you're running Windows 10 since you just got this PC.  With DayZ already running, right-click on the speaker icon in your task tray and then select Sounds from the menu that pops up.  On the Playback tab, double-click whichever output device you're expecting to hear the sounds from.  Depending on the drivers installed, you may have tabs like "Enhancement", "Dolby" and "Advanced" each with various settings.

I would experiment in here, turning settings on and off one at a time to see if any of them are affecting the game.  I'm not sure if DayZ will pick up the change on-the-fly though, so you might have to stop and restart the exe with each change just to be sure.

Also, I did read a Reddit post where some guy with sound issues fixed it by simply reinstalling the game.  You just installed yours I take it, so that's probably not it, but if all else fails, it might be worth it in case something went awry with the install you currently have.

Good luck -- hope you figure it out.

6 hours ago, McWendy said:

He said he Just got his pc so assuming Windows 10 is installed drivers are the least of his problems.

Sounds more like a memory issue to me. Weak RAM or installed on HDD? 

i dont think i have weak ram i got 16gb and they are brandnew

but i dont know what you mean by installed on HDD i have it installed on my hdd not ssd

Using stereo headphones, 5.1, or 7.1 surround sound?

Right click the speaker on taskbar - open volume mixer - click on System sounds, another box will pop up - click playback - Click on speakers to highlight it and then click configure.

Should see audio channels:

Stereo

Quadraphonic

Make sure the correct one is selected for whatever you are using. 

Install it on a SSD if you have one. Will help in every department. 

On what do you play your sounds?