Sign in to follow this  
Seen it All

First Person Servers

I have been playing first-person servers recently due to the long waits on regular servers, its a totally different experience.

The game seems to render quicker, feels faster and is overall better.  I suggest trying it if you haven't already.  And there appears to be more loot...

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Seen it All said:

I have been playing first-person servers recently due to the long waits on regular servers, its a totally different experience.

The game seems to render quicker, feels faster and is overall better.  I suggest trying it if you haven't already.  And there appears to be more loot...

there isn't more loot, it renders the same you can just see more in 3rd person so it seems like it renders slower, most decent fpp servers have longer waiting times due to the lack of them.

Game is a hardcore survival game. You shouldn't have an invisible drone following you around and letting you look over walls and around corners.

They should all be first person servers.

Old but great video that goes into detail

• Like 1

I personally prefer 1st person only servers. However, I can see that 3rd person can have its place in that you can see your own character in whole and admire all the goodies you've horded in your travels, and do so while moving in the environment you are in rather than just via an image in your inventory screen (and be able to answer for yourself the age old question: does this field backpack make me look fat from behind?), it also gives you a bit better perspective for your surroundings as opposed to the tunnel vision you get in 1st person mode (I personally disagree with the commentator in the video above on this point, but reasonable minds differ). However, as awalsh47 pointed out, it can be abused via corner/ wall peaking which is unfortunate. As the video points out, it is an age-old debate that has been made ad nauseam 🙂

Edited by Skofield_Kid

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, rnbusch said:

Wanting to play on Xbox, but STILL NO SERVERS accessible! HOLY COW!

interesting, why do you think anyone in this thread cares as it has nothing to do with it. CAPITALS

@awalsh47 I love vigilante's videos, the art of war one is great. Sucks the 1st person servers still don't get the love they deserve, i mean they do but the community is so small it doesn't take much to see the fpp servers dip in population.

Edited by Robzom11

First-person encounters are much more intense. 

I saw this dude in a town circled around him, lost sight of him, I saw him, crept closer he saw me.  Real cat and mouse stuff... I ended up retreating, the encounter lasted 20-30 minutes.  One of the best experiences in the game so far, no shots fired, no one died...

Sign in to follow this