Jake Blake

Please never take away persistence off servers

Let's be honest here, persistence off servers are some of the only servers you can find decent Gear in. By decent gear I mean M4 rifle, AK-47, AK 101, SVD, the list goes on.

I've been an absolute die-hard fan of DayZ since about five years ago now, I've seen this game come so far, and I've seen more than most I've talked to have. I can honestly say there's been no other game that has had me so hooked for 5 years straight.

When it comes to people like myself that have played DayZ for some time, it's obvious when something is broken we want it to be fixed, we'll throw our little fitts and post our rants on Twitter and the forums. Deep down we just want to live in our DayZ worlds without all the bugs.

To the DayZ devs, I'll speak for the most of us here and say you guys are doing great. This is a massive game and there are massive amounts of things you can do in this game. Massive details to every little thing and so on and so on. Never in my life have I ever heard a thunderstorm like in this game other than in real life. Every time you guys update the game it breaks a few things and it fixes and adds a few things. Ringing out your clothes is a nice touch guys. Thanks for that!

Now to the main point, like the title says, please don't take away the persistence off servers. Duping is still very much a thing! The amount of duping areas that I've run across are clearly the reason it's so hard to find weapons and good gear in the persistence on servers.

I'm going to be honest, when duping gear was easy, everybody was doing it. And if you weren't doing it then you weren't living the life on the coast like the rest of us that were getting away from the survival life for a few months. But now a very select few, the douchiest of them all spend all their day duping gear. It's such a ridiculous process now I don't even know why anybody still does it. But it truly is affecting the entire game.

Again, please don't take away the persistence off servers.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I play persistence off servers, definitely a better experience. I find better loot and have far less issues than on regular servers. There should always be a handful of these available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I play persistence off servers, definitely a better experience. I find better loot and have far less issues than on regular servers. There should always be a handful of these available. 

I agree. And the reason we're having less issues is because there's less douchebagery on persistence off servers.

On 12/17/2019 at 4:12 AM, Ryan JG said:

100% Agree

I bet everyone would agree if they realized just how good the persistence off servers really are. Honestly they shouldn't even allow stashing until they figure out how to balance the game.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Jake Blake said:

I bet everyone would agree if they realized just how good the persistence off servers really are. Honestly they shouldn't even allow stashing until they figure out how to balance the game.

You've made some good points here, I've called you out in the past but I cant disagree with this whole thread.

On 12/19/2019 at 10:30 AM, RyanS1994 said:

You've made some good points here, I've called you out in the past but I cant disagree with this whole thread.

Lol everybody likes to call me out every once in awhile. Everybody Plays differently as well so it's really nobody's place to tell somebody else how to play I guess. But it's cool, Merry Christmas and no hard feelings

As a new player what is the difference except better loot iv noticed that there are two types but don’t know what they offer.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:15 PM, Dylan Mason said:

As a new player what is the difference except better loot iv noticed that there are two types but don’t know what they offer.

The off server is where you dont wanna build bases or camps or hide stuff, as there is a chance it might get wiped and vice a versa for the on servers.