Ryan JG

Hand Recievers

I know so many Xbox players play this game in party chat but I would love to see the radios being use a little more. Interactions really make this game and experiences like radio chat doesn't really happen anymore. It use to in the first few weeks of the game but hardly ever anymore.

Let's try and bring it back.

• Like 6

Whenever I've tried using a radio I've never had a response. It would be cool if servers could be set so that you had to be in game chat. 

• Like 6

I'd be all for that. Maybe the first person servers could be only game chat. You could set it up with your mates so they knew what frequency to be on. And people could listen in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Whenever I've tried using a radio I've never had a response. It would be cool if servers could be set so that you had to be in game chat. 

53 minutes ago, IdealBicycle641 said:

I'd be all for that. Maybe the first person servers could be only game chat. You could set it up with your mates so they knew what frequency to be on. And people could listen in.

These are amazing ideas. I would love to see this happen.

• Like 5

We know microsoft can turn off party chat for some games. They done it for certain game modes on COD before. Hopefully some day server owners will be able to turn off party chat.

• Like 3

I think that the Hand Receivers/Large Radio's etc....should be standard and only way of comms on HC servers other than ingame speak, the HC server have everything else removed from the game "crosshairs, third person view" etc... can may as well complete it with ingame radio communication only, until the players find these radio's "which there are plenty" they can communicate as normal "ingame speak" no more xbox voip chat

• Like 1

it would be great if xbox players stop being ignorant and realize discord can be just as easily used by them as It can be by pc players

• Haha 2

I really hope they dont remove them at some point in the future due to lack of usage because I love going up on a hill and trying to get a response every once in a while at dawn you know?

I'd love to see somehow they disable game party chat for DayZ. I'm all for it

On 12/19/2019 at 5:19 PM, RyanS1994 said:

it would be great if xbox players stop being ignorant and realize discord can be just as easily used by them as It can be by pc players

I didn't know you could use discord on console? 

You can't. There is a third party discord app called quarrel you can use but it is very buggy and voice chat is hit or miss.

Edited by stephen321

27 minutes ago, stephen321 said:

You can't. There is a third party discord app called quarrel you can use but it is very buggy and voice chat is hit or miss.

So I don't get what Ryan is talking about. Why would you use it instead of party chat? 

On 1/3/2020 at 5:44 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

So I don't get what Ryan is talking about. Why would you use it instead of party chat? 

Cuz with qurral you can be in game chat and in the party at the same time.

51 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Cuz with qurral you can be in game chat and in the party at the same time.

Sorry, someone's going to have to explain this one real careful for me. I can be in game chat on xbox and also on party chat on discord? But how do I listen to discord if it doesn't work on xbox? 

On 1/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Sorry, someone's going to have to explain this one real careful for me. I can be in game chat on xbox and also on party chat on discord? But how do I listen to discord if it doesn't work on xbox? 

Ok so there is a app on your xbox called qurral. Its a discord app. You cant be in a xbox party chat while in a qurral party chat, but you can be in a qurral party chat and freely talk to people in game chat with out leaving qurral chat. Only thing is that its in beta testing so it buggy as fuck and you can have a hard time with it. If you have more questions party chat with me on xbox i can explain alot better then. Tag is xJGBxDaRkMaN.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Ok so there is a app on your xbox called qurral. Its a discord app. You cant be in a xbox party chat while in a qurral party chat, but you can be in a qurral party chat and freely talk to people in game chat with out leaving qurral chat. Only thing is that its in beta testing so it buggy as fuck and you can have a hard time with it. If you have more questions party chat with me on xbox i can explain alot better then. Tag is xJGBxDaRkMaN.

Ah right, never heard of this app, will look into it, thank you 👍

• Beans 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 7:57 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ah right, never heard of this app, will look into it, thank you 👍

I wasn't talking about that app, ill give it a try but that wasn't what I was referencing, I personally use in ear headphone connected to my phone for discord chat with push to talk disabled, and then have my xbox headset over them, assuming the people in discord with you aren't douchebags who constantly make noise you can still hear the game perfectly

This is like xbox in the days before party chat. You could jump online anytime in any game as a solo players and you'd be adding new people to your friend list all the time. These days it's a ghost town. I'm currently dead and need to start again, and my death was no doubt partly attributable to no coms. I gunned down a guy that walked in my room, basically a KOS, and he was unarmed. I figured he knew I was there and was coming for me as he was with another player. He didn't respond to coms so I just opened fire. His friend didn't show so I figured I was wrong and he must have been alone as there were zombies around. He didn't have a gun out when he opened the door and I felt bad for just gunning him down. His friend jumped my while I reloaded a mag and just gunned me down no questions. Can't really blame him, but open coms via game chat would go a long way to helping solve the KOS situation. Even players like me that hate KOS do it simply because you expect it to be them or you, and I reckon we would see a significant drop in KOS events if people could hear each other when in proximity by default. 

Edited by M00nfly
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1