justice5150

DayZ, you are killing yourself by doing this.

We all have played the new update, and have seen the insane inventory bug where you can't use the inventory properly. 

Clearly this update was rushed, so they could release the DLC before xmas. 

DayZ has no plan to fix so many bugs, at least according to their first wave of fixes released to the experimental server. 

So, not only do we have NVGs that turn off for no reason, and an insane inventory bug, and a severe lack of food, but we have fixed mushroom spawns. Yay! 

Not trying to complain or bitch. Just pointing out what so many of us think. 

Really hope DayZ turns over a new leaf, and starts to actually fix the game. Would be fantastic..

It's much worse when its a game that you spend countless hours on, just to have a 10 second shootout or 5 minute encounter.

Having to log out constantly to fix a bug is dangerous & wastes so much time. 

Trolls can respond and say stop bitching now lol 

• Like 1

Well....I wont go as far as telling you to stop bitching.

This is an open forum, and you can "bitch" all you want.

However, only your point on the Inventory bug is accurate, in my opinion.

If food spawns are too low, or other random (I mean not EVERY player experiences these) glitches seem to break the game for you, then you are simply frustrated and fed up with the seemingly endless string of poorly released feature updates.

Try to be specific when you criticize the current state of the game, as I actually think there is a chance that the devs are paying a bit more attention to us lately.

By posting a rant that contains mixed levels of relevant concerns just adds to the noise.

"Inventory Bug.....BAD! …..Fix it!.... Thank You!"

😉

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Maybe you can post this to the 1.06 thread and not waste everyone's time by creating a new topic? Just a thought … 

The only person wasting time is you, I didn't force your hand to click my thread my dude. 

I've posted a bug report about both of these, and they sit there being ignored.

Devs never respond to the update posts also lol. 

I can, and will, since allowed, post anything I want. And will continue to do so, whether you think its in the right place or not. 

Not up to you, that's up to the forum mods. 

10 hours ago, philbur said:

If food spawns are too low, or other random (I mean not EVERY player experiences these) glitches seem to break the game for you, then you are simply frustrated and fed up with the seemingly endless string of poorly released feature updates.

Try to be specific when you criticize the current state of the game, as I actually think there is a chance that the devs are paying a bit more attention to us lately.

By posting a rant that contains mixed levels of relevant concerns just adds to the noise.

"Inventory Bug.....BAD! …..Fix it!.... Thank You!"

😉

I posted about the food spawns, because I'm not the only person having a hard time surviving because of them. I've played over 1,200 hours since Dec. 20th of last year, I know how to find food, and have never had an issue till now. There is an apparent issue with it when you loot over 150+ houses & 30+ cars that are unlooted, and can't find food. 

Yes, I counted. 

Every time DayZ tries to make hunger harder, the community backlashes, and they revert the change. They refuse to learn from their mistakes, not an opinion, a fact. I, personally, wish food would be harder to find, but the scale is tipped way too far in the hard direction right now. This is how it always goes whenever they try this. I, also hate only having to loot up for 15 mins or less for enough food to survive for the next hour and a half. It needs to be harder. But not this hard, something is definitely wrong when everyone is running into this. 

I'm lucky I have a stash with food in it. 

To respond to "By posting a rant that contains mixed levels of relevant concerns just adds to the noise.",

it depends on your perspective. I posted this, because in the first wave of updates for the hotfix, NONE of the big game breaking bugs are fixed or even mentioned. Even people who once said "chill guys, dayz will hotfix soon and it will be fixed" are confused. 

If I just add to the noise, you can simply click off and ignore me. But I'm still here. 

"Try to be specific when you criticize the current state of the game, as I actually think there is a chance that the devs are paying a bit more attention to us lately."

How is what I said not specific? I pointed to three game breaking issues right now that I posted bug reports for that have gone ignored since day 1 of 1.06, lol. Should I put it in a better, easier to read format? Keep in mind: I, alone, am not running into these issues. A huge percentage of players are. Food is not a problem for me. Inventory bugs & NVG bug is annoying, but i'm pointing to the hundreds of people you call "noise" who are temporarily quitting the game because of these, just because they're frustrated, doesn't mean we should ignore them. Well, I can't speak for you, but I won't. 

I'm mostly annoyed, because this update was clearly rushed just so DayZ could rake in the dough for the new DLC before Christmas. Quicker they get it out in December, more money they make. You can't tell me the update was ready. Other updates haven't been this bad.

Also, no one is forcing you to read or respond, once again. I can, and will, post anything I want. Yes, it is a rant thread, but nothing I said isn't fact. These are issues happening right now that aren't being addressed, proof of this is in the bug report forum. 

If it bugs you that I'm yet another person "complaining", simply click off, I hope this time it hits home when I say it. It helps no one to criticize my format, it helps no one when you try to silence another's voice, even if it is arising due to frustration. I love this game, I'm super passionate about it. We're all on the same side, a tiny group of players on the internet who enjoy the same unique game. 

Also, mcwendy is just mad I called him out for being an ass to newcomers on the forum. We're here to stay, wendo.😉

Good luck out there! 

Edited by justice5150
Made it a better format lol
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, justice5150 said:

Every time DayZ tries to make hunger harder, the community backlashes, and they revert the change.

Speak for yourself, but not for the community. We even had to make it harder for our players to get some sort of survival feeling, that does include 1.06 and Livonia. You are doing something terribly wrong and judging but the rest of your posts i've seen yet, it's not just the food. Can't argue about obvious bugs, but ranting like a kid isn't going to change anything. I've yet to see something constructive from your posts.

• Beans 1

There is to much canned food as it is, you should fish,hunt, and plant vegetables.

Edited by kumando

I have to disagree regarding the food.  For me, 1.06 is the "survivaliest" patch they've released to date.  It is far from perfect and the current inventory bug is indeed annoying, but food-wise as @kumando says, if anything, there's still too much canned food in the game.

If you're dying of thirst or hunger in this game, you are most likely sprinting right off the bat and looking for guns rather than trying to sort out your health.  The infected spawn plenty of food, so the immediate pressing item is to either loot a knife or find some stones and craft a knife in order to be able to open those cans.  Most towns have a well in them, but you must keep sipping until the "stomach full" HUD health icon appears, otherwise, you haven't had enough water.  If you refrain from sprinting until those two things are sorted out, you'll survive much longer.

I think food should be scarce and you should have to hunt or fish to survive.  Kill one animal, cook it and eat its fat and all its steaks and you're set for hours food-wise for that character.  You can also currently eat the fat from other players that you kill without getting the cannibal effects -- not sure if that's a bug or is intended, but that's another way to survive.  Now, if we could loot some chianti and fava beans to go with that, we'd be set!  😋

Edited by drgullen
typo
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, justice5150 said:

I can, and will, since allowed, post anything I want. And will continue to do so, whether you think its in the right place or not. 

Not up to you, that's up to the forum mods. 

Oh you rebel, you … ! I thought that since you're not posting exactly new ideas you could join the pile and make it bigger, yet I see I was wrong and you're instead living the dream 😄 

8 hours ago, drgullen said:

You can also currently eat the fat from other players that you kill without getting the cannibal effects -- not sure if that's a bug or is intended, but that's another way to survive.  Now, if we could loot some chianti and fava beans to go with that, we'd be set!  😋

How long does it normally take for these effects to manifest if you eat the whole guy? Or at least some of their meat … on the EXP branch I've done that because I wanted to finally try that and nothing really happened. Also, I ate the poor guy raw, if it makes any difference.

9 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

How long does it normally take for these effects to manifest if you eat the whole guy? Or at least some of their meat … on the EXP branch I've done that because I wanted to finally try that and nothing really happened. Also, I ate the poor guy raw, if it makes any difference.

You ate the guy raw and didn't get any sickness whatsoever?

I don't understand why the OP is so full of conjecture and rude to people.  This isn't how you get people to sympathize with a rant.

Stop being such a soft cry baby. Nothing more pathetic that the man who gets offended and scared on an internet forum then proceeds to complain about someone complaining. Literally go outside and find something to make yourself more of a real human. Get off the internet. 

12 minutes ago, Parazight said:

I don't understand why the OP is so full of conjecture and rude to people.  This isn't how you get people to sympathize with a rant.

Stop being such a soft cry baby. Nothing more pathetic that the man who gets offended and scared on an internet forum then proceeds to complain about someone complaining. Literally go outside and find something to make yourself more of a real human. Get off the internet. 

That is one adorable troll attempt.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, drgullen said:

You ate the guy raw and didn't get any sickness whatsoever?

Of course I got sick and died of it eventually. But I also don't know how long do the cannibal effects take to manifest, so I'm asking. Because I thought it would show within a few minutes. 

3 hours ago, Josh Z said:

WTF? How the crap did @Parazightdeserve that kind of response?

And @justice5150 if you took my own personal reply as an attack then you honestly are not being fair or reasonable.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, and I sympathize with your bitterness...as we ALL have suffered similar feelings at one point or another.

But my dear Survivor....When others with many years and thousands of hours invested in this game offer their perspective (or criticisms) then you should at least consider the source, and not immediately assume the worst.

Peace, Brother...

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Of course I got sick and died of it eventually. But I also don't know how long do the cannibal effects take to manifest, so I'm asking. Because I thought it would show within a few minutes. 

Oh okay, you said nothing really happened, so I got worried we had new bugs with that!  😋

In the past, the cannibal effects started pretty soon after consumption, but to be honest, the laughing would drive me insane, so I basically KOS any cannibals I find these days!  I'm not sure if they've extended the times or what.

6 hours ago, drgullen said:

Oh okay, you said nothing really happened, so I got worried we had new bugs with that!  😋

In the past, the cannibal effects started pretty soon after consumption, but to be honest, the laughing would drive me insane, so I basically KOS any cannibals I find these days!  I'm not sure if they've extended the times or what.

Yeah I meant it as no cannibal effect happened 🙂 I thought to use it for roleplay, laughter, bloody hands, asking have you seen my mommy or something like that. Ideally on a foggy day 😄