leem1981

Dayz server idea

I ve come to the conclusion that rp is not the best way to play dayz. Don't get me wrong I m part of a few servers that I enjoy playing on but some of the best times is when I have a fresh life everytime and some good pvp. 

Thinking about starting a small server that could possibly grow larger. Revolving round pvp so no rules no base building no stashs and regular monthly wipes to keep loot economy fresh. Interactions would be down to individuals. Could also host events  Server could have good banter through a well maintained discord let me know thoughts and ideas on this.

Yeah if you want it to be riddled with duping and idiots as where an organised discord with members that want to pvp and find decent loot and not care to much about rp this would work.

Private servers ain't just for rp purposes 

5 seconds of PvP after hours of looting or stash some shit, dupe some shit, alt account some shit and you're back in the fight 5 minutes later.

Jus saying... That's how most PvP focused players think and behave.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:17 AM, leem1981 said:

Revolving round pvp so no rules no base building no stashs

So, basically PUBG without a shrinking player area.  I think you're looking at it the wrong way.  You see, (this is just my opinion) it's the PvP focused players that I think ruin the game....... not the RP crowd.  Let me ask you this.....how exactly are you going to enforce things like a "no stashes" rule? 

Weekly wipes 

Their are to many rp servers with to many rules everyone wanting to be friends and traders making the game stale and taking the danger out of it.

The amount of servers should be limited so more servers get filled up.

And the game is more than just rp and pvp like i said interactions would be a choice. Look the way the running man plays the game prime example of perfect  way to play without rp.

Wait here comes the argument that he plays to an audience. He has been playing the game years and continues to play the same way. I ve adopted his play style and get more enjoyment out of it only so many times you can trade and talk shit. Before that will be boring. The game is more than pvp it's more than interactions its what an individual makes of it. So if some one wants to play this style its narrow minded to say it's wrong.

Edited by leem1981

That idea will not generate much interest.

4 minutes ago, Parazight said:

That idea will not generate much interest.

Prob not but are you not sick of seeing a never ending server list with rows and rows of empty and low pop servers. Cant remember the last time seen a full pop server 

I think private servers are mostly a waste of time. There are too many of them and most of them are locked. There is little to no advantage of being in a private server. The only real difference of private servers is that night can be accelerated, and I don't see that as a positive though I guess it appeals to some. 

13 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I think private servers are mostly a waste of time. There are too many of them and most of them are locked. There is little to no advantage of being in a private server. The only real difference of private servers is that night can be accelerated, and I don't see that as a positive though I guess it appeals to some. 

I ve not played on public servers for a while what are they like now is duping still a thing ??

Well, I haven't come across any duping so I couldn't say. But duping isn't unique to public servers

5 hours ago, leem1981 said:

Prob not but are you not sick of seeing a never ending server list with rows and rows of empty and low pop servers. Cant remember the last time seen a full pop server 

No.  I only play on one official server. I'm not hopping around, so there's no reason to search.  My stashes and stuff are 95%+ on one server for Official - Public.  When I use the server list I already have a server in mind.  It's not ideal always, but I've been able to find an official server with decent population.  It waxes and wanes but the population isn't stupid low.

The real problem here is that you want a high skill pvp arena AND a regulated discord at the same time.   A required discord presence removes a lot of the fear of the unknown in DayZ, which is a huge part of it.  Being hamstringed with crafting restrictions and a lack of knowledge on how the central economy works doesn't help either.  Constant server wipes isn't really helping your loot issues (insignificant anyway) and was designed that way.

Do some research.  Check out Trump's Wall servers or other high ranking pvp servers.  Even if it isn't your thing, it's still a great model for private hive servers as it is widely popular.

21 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Well, I haven't come across any duping so I couldn't say. But duping isn't unique to public servers

What's the day night cycle on public played a bit on eu 3900 last night was tense 

I recently switched to playing in a private server.  No exclusively, but I would say 75-80% of my playing time.  There ARE private servers that are WAY too timid, with rules like "no kos" or base raiding, etc.  I stay away from those.  The one I normally play in incorporates factions with territory rules and involves a LOT of politics.  There are allies and enemies.  There are traders (at their own risk) and bandits.  All is RP, albeit light RP, but RP nonetheless.  The downside I would say is that the pop CAN be low from time to time, but you don't have to worry about getting domed from 500 yards away for no other reason than "because they can".  The problem with most official servers is that they are basically PUBG without a shrinking playing area. 

• Like 1