DayzDayzFanboy

Blood bags

Does anyone know if there is a bug with blood bags currently? I had a blood bag on me which I'd made a couple of days earlier. I got attacked by wolves and made it to shelter. My blood was yellow after I bandaged. I gave myself a blood bag which instantly put my blood down to flashing red, knocked me unconscious and gave me a virus. I regained consciousness and took a tetra which cured the virus. Fell unconscious again. Then gave myself a shot of epinephrine. After a couple more faintings, I managed to regain my blood. I haven't tried saline bags yet, but needless to say, slightly cautious. 

I know for sure saline bags work as intended. They're a must have now.

Haven't tested blood bags yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Does anyone know if there is a bug with blood bags currently? I had a blood bag on me which I'd made a couple of days earlier. I got attacked by wolves and made it to shelter. My blood was yellow after I bandaged. I gave myself a blood bag which instantly put my blood down to flashing red, knocked me unconscious and gave me a virus. I regained consciousness and took a tetra which cured the virus. Fell unconscious again. Then gave myself a shot of epinephrine. After a couple more faintings, I managed to regain my blood. I haven't tried saline bags yet, but needless to say, slightly cautious. 

2 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I know for sure saline bags work as intended. They're a must have now.

Haven't tested blood bags yet.

I belive the Bloodbags do in deed work but you my man just infused yourself with a wrong type of blood... example your blood type is A+ and you injected yourself with B+ blood... you went into idk what it's called Hemolythic reaction maybe? that is why people don't use blood bags... it's so hard to get them right.. you need the right blood donor or Universal donor that has i belive O- blood 🙂

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I belive the Bloodbags do in deed work but you my man just infused yourself with a wrong type of blood... example your blood type is A+ and you injected yourself with B+ blood... you went into idk what it's called Hemolythic reaction maybe? that is why people don't use blood bags... it's so hard to get them right.. you need the right blood donor or Universal donor that has i belive O- blood 🙂

I used my own blood. The day before I'd used a blood collection kit to get my own blood. The next day was when I used it. So, should be the right blood type unless blood goes off, though I doubt that mechanic has been added. That would be funny though, imagine having to check tins of beans for a use by date! My assumption was, as you say, a reaction to the wrong blood type, but it was definitely my own blood so I wondered if there was a bug where collected blood can randomly change blood type. I was lucky to survive. By blood instantly went to red flashing. I thought for sure I was going to die. Quite good fun with hindsight but scary at the time. I had zombies and wolves howling outside the door and nearby gunshots and there I am, passing out all over the place! 

I know blood bags work, was it a blood bag from a stash you madde on another character? Otherwise I don't know I've used at least 3 successfully. You getting a virus makes it seem as if its the wrong blood type but if you made it with the same character it probably is a bug but I've not heard of it yet. I always make blood bags so if it happens to me ill let you know.

Edit left my phone on her for like 30 mins without refreshing, didn't see all the previous comments lol

Edited by RyanS1994
cos

4 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I used my own blood. The day before I'd used a blood collection kit to get my own blood. The next day was when I used it. So, should be the right blood type unless blood goes off, though I doubt that mechanic has been added. That would be funny though, imagine having to check tins of beans for a use by date! My assumption was, as you say, a reaction to the wrong blood type, but it was definitely my own blood so I wondered if there was a bug where collected blood can randomly change blood type. I was lucky to survive. By blood instantly went to red flashing. I thought for sure I was going to die. Quite good fun with hindsight but scary at the time. I had zombies and wolves howling outside the door and nearby gunshots and there I am, passing out all over the place! 

i know that my friend on 1.04 i think stole some blood from me to stash for healing... and they have a lot of blood bags so i guess it's working but they broke it... because in some update i seen a bugfix where they fixed that effect of wrong blood type was given to the guy who is giving the other guy blood and not the other way around... basically effect instead of affecting the guy who is receiving it went to the giver lol so i guess it's broken... as i said... nobody really uses it... because of blood types and all that... especially when Blood Test kits are rare AF

blood test kits are really common, don't bother using other peoples blood its pointless, just use saline or make your own bloodbag, iv kits are the rarer one that limits how many bloodbags or salines you can make use out of and they're not redicoulasy rare anyway