Dodd54

New update today

8 minutes ago, Dodd54 said:

Anybody know what’s in today’s update/patch?

Attempted fixes for the blue screen crashes some have been having on PS4.

I had two last night.  I hope this was applied today and not yesterday.  

Deffo today, hope they’ve done some other work too!! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dodd54 said:

Deffo today, hope they’ve done some other work too!! 

Doesn't sound like it but given this was "GPU related" (in their own words) and the tweaks they made were graphic related, maybe it will have a positive impact on things like lag spikes while driving, etc.

I had no freezes or BSODs tonight. Only drove for a little bit and had one brief lag spikes but no long ones. I'll have to see how it all plays out after a few more sessions though.

I donno, been playing for several hours, and it seems better. I mean, one blue screen all day today is pretty nice. I am assuming that I don’t have to do a install on my server to see the update. Last update I had to and it wiped progress. My assumption is partly based on the fewer performance lags. Although, it could be coincidence coupled with my hopeful expectations. It’s further based on the issues being primarily client/machine based. 
So yeah, one game crash and seemingly better performance. I’ll get more feedback from my mates on my server and check this forum, as to install or not. Still a fun game, but I wish I’d never gotten addicted to such an incomplete game. Seems they aren’t testing the game against many consecutive hours of play time. Still chance of rain thru tents. I deployed a watchtower kit and it spawned a naked character, no tag or A.I., just stood in place till killed. Etc. Etc. Etc.

• Haha 1

Seven Hours in total after the update and no Blue Screens. All else went fine as well. Heard plenty of shots but only found dead Zombies. Seem to be able to find more ammo across the map which is great and the drink spawns are miles better with plenty now found on dead Z's. Now keeping a distance if I can from Z's and killing with silenced Pistol and positioning myself to be able to get in a room if I aggro to many Z's so bleeding out to fast has not been an issue lately either. I had an hour this morning right after a restart and as I was in one of the mil bases I found not one gun/ rifle which is not encouraging but loads of tracer rounds which I don't use. So for me plenty of good some better planning and a few niggles but overall its been alright since the update.

10 hours ago, Pauperprince said:

I donno, been playing for several hours, and it seems better. I mean, one blue screen all day today is pretty nice. I am assuming that I don’t have to do a install on my server to see the update. Last update I had to and it wiped progress. My assumption is partly based on the fewer performance lags. Although, it could be coincidence coupled with my hopeful expectations. It’s further based on the issues being primarily client/machine based. 
So yeah, one game crash and seemingly better performance. I’ll get more feedback from my mates on my server and check this forum, as to install or not. Still a fun game, but I wish I’d never gotten addicted to such an incomplete game. Seems they aren’t testing the game against many consecutive hours of play time. Still chance of rain thru tents. I deployed a watchtower kit and it spawned a naked character, no tag or A.I., just stood in place till killed. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I wish I could see a video of this, It sounds very interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anwah said:

I wish I could see a video of this, It sounds very interesting. 

Hahahahaha Yas! It was crazy! My mate and I had a real good laugh over the entire ordeal. Then, I tried to reproduce it with the same kit in the same spot, but no beans. The character popped up mid deploy with arms straight out. It seemed to be turning in sequence with the kit deployment circle. 

‘good times good times, as it was the type of bug that we find amusing over troublesome. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been lucky myself so far as I have not had any freezes or BSODs since.  ....although I only have a few hours online after the patch.  I'll know a lot more after this weekend how it's affected my own situation.  I'm crossing my fingers.

• Like 1

yesterday no blue screen, but, have you see sea texture???? it's all mess, just walk along any coast, i have ps4 slim with standard hd

2 minutes ago, supernick said:

yesterday no blue screen, but, have you see sea texture???? it's all mess, just walk along any coast, i have ps4 slim with standard hd

I'm going to check that out tonight.  I was playing on my main character which is further inland.  I'll log on with my second which is near the South coast.

The bloody cars still think they are planes. Waited all day for friends to join then went to drive a car down to them fully geared. Weapons grenades and 6 lands mines. And I do 100 yrds from my base.   Fuming shit broken game.  I don't rant but this shot as got to stop... 

I won't be giving you any more money

Edited by Blades56
Spelling /grammar check
  • Like 1

Yes, I got 3 game crashes/BSOD’s in just two hours of play. Driving provided the usual number of freezing accidents. I also had an Olga get airtime. Was a pretty eventful game time.

on a side note, the water....well, I’m sure everyone has seen. There has to be an explanation as to why the console stable releases, aren’t so stable upon release. Right.?.🧐

• Like 2

NWI made an announcement a few weeks ago that they decided to team up with a 3rd party to co-develop the ported version of Insurgency Sandstorm because the admitted to simply not having the experience with consoles to confidently deliver a finished product. 

It seems to me BI is in the same boat as they struggle to optimize this game on the PS4. I wonder too if it wouldn't be in their best interest (and ours) if they did something similar by bringing in another party who is more experienced with console development.  .....because clearly what they are doing now isn't working that well at all IMO / IME. 

I've never played a game on PS4 with this many issues that was allowed to go this long without fixes.

• Like 2

Hell no ! Anyone who remembers Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising on PS3 will know just how badly that idea went.

OK so Bohemia didn't pay someone else to do it, Codemasters took it upon themselves to try to emulate what Bohemia do. And failed.

Trust me, only Bohemia can make Dayz a success, any other developer will ruin it. I'd rather have a few bugs to deal with than just a bad game full stop.