ImpulZ

Addressing the crashes after the update 1.05

13 minutes ago, Gianfrujack said:

Bohemia you are the most incompetent and ridiculous team on consoles, sell the company to real programmers, you are not able to manage an update, you think you can fix the bugs? Naaah, I'm sorry you're wrong. I lost all the friends who played with me in dayz, nobody wants to play it anymore. The funny thing is they release the DLC but they can’t fix the bug, ridiculous. 

They dropped update today to mitigate the issue you should have complained yesterday.

30 minutes ago, Chance Miller said:

They dropped update today to mitigate the issue you should have complained yesterday.

....key word being "some". 

30/10/2019 UPDATE:

We released an update that aims to mitigate the crashes affecting some PlayStation 4 players. 

Tweaked

Memory distribution on PS4
Changed

Updated the texture streaming system to be more resilient against texture allocation failures
Applied compression to several textures
Please, let us know if you keep experiencing crashes on the PlayStation 4, while providing as many details as possible.

We'll have to see how these changes work out for folks.

As someone with about 2% of the same amount of bugs as the guys posting on this forum, I'll report back later when I get online to see if they've addressed the issue from my point of view.

• Beans 1

i spent 4 hours looting up only to find when i logged in again it was like the 4 hrs never happend....not just lost the loot but it literaly started me back WHERE i was at start of 4hrs..this happend a few times ..it got so bad i had to delete game completly and then start again..it fixed THAT problem ..i could go on but i b here to long 

36 minutes ago, etaab said:

As someone with about 2% of the same amount of bugs as the guys posting on this forum, I'll report back later when I get online to see if they've addressed the issue from my point of view.

good luck my friend, you will need it

2 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

....key word being "some". 

We'll have to see how these changes work out for folks.

I mean I play on first gen and have been stress testing by getting hoardes on me, pvp, grenades, base and inventory shit. It's all good. So if I don't have issues on my first gen ps4 I doubt anyone else does. By issues I mean crashing, don't bring up all the other obvious ones we already know exist.

4 minutes ago, Chance Miller said:

I mean I play on first gen and have been stress testing by getting hoardes on me, pvp, grenades, base and inventory shit. It's all good. So if I don't have issues on my first gen ps4 I doubt anyone else does. By issues I mean crashing, don't bring up all the other obvious ones we already know exist.

I'm glad you're seeing good results but I wouldn't assume your experience will be the same for everyone.  ....not yet at least because even they are not sure this will resolve the crashing / BSOD for all.  It will probably be a few days before we really see how effective the fix was.  

Hey Bohemia,

I have found a way to replicate a server crash bug and a PS4 GPU crash bug that crashes yourself and players about 3 km in the vicinity. 

If I were to provide step by step and video instructions would I be rewarded on my findings? I’m busy and don’t have a lot of time but if there is a good DayZ pay then I can find the time. 

• Haha 5
  • Beans 1

41 minutes ago, Daniel1998 said:

Hey Bohemia,

I have found a way to replicate a server crash bug and a PS4 GPU crash bug that crashes yourself and players about 3 km in the vicinity. 

If I were to provide step by step and video instructions would I be rewarded on my findings? I’m busy and don’t have a lot of time but if there is a good DayZ pay then I can find the time. 

Well, your reward would be a potential fix for the bug and the gratefulness of everyone here who is also plagued by the problem.  🙂

Gianfrujack said:

“Bohemia you are the most incompetent and ridiculous team on consoles, sell the company to real programmers, you are not able to manage an update, you think you can fix the bugs? Naaah, I'm sorry you're wrong. I lost all the friends who played with me in dayz, nobody wants to play it anymore. The funny thing is they release the DLC but they can’t fix the bug, ridiculous.”

i get that you’re upset about the game and the bugs, but they try and fix a problem with the game and you’re still crying around?! what server you play on? i’ll give you something to cry about. 😂🤣😂

Edited by saltmcgault

On 10/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, SMACCKS100 said:

This is honestly a joke.. the game developers are trying to blame the problems on the console ?? LMFAO! It only took 20 something odd days for you to decide to look into and now it's a PS4/PS4 pro issue ?. Try telling that to naughty dog and see what you get for a response.

It happens every time you zoom with a scope, zombie fight, pvp, walking down the road.... Shit your game will crash if I think about doing something...

I have both PS4 and PS4 pro... The issues do not change.

It's been happening. And that's not the only game breaking bug. I stopped playing way before the Oct update shortly after 1.04 update because I couldn't enjoy myself. It's sad but all they want is money money more money and not fix the game. They make tons off of private servers alone and now all the dlc will be paid dlc. They need to satisfy their customers before everyone stops playing. They are lucky this is the only game of this exact genre on console or else everyone would switch over. Wish rust was for console. I might just start playing on PC even though I prefer my console

• Like 1

bohemia, I'm on ps4 pro and I had no worries about crash or others, since the maj of yesterday now the server crashes the load to the miter and I find myself forced to turn off the application, and I lag in play then that everything was niquel, disappointed because you corrected a concern and brought to others who nothing.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

root of the problem is PS4 

Nope.. It's the developers 

• Like 1

After yesterday's update: played for 5 hours last night, 2 hours this morning and no blue screening at all.

Everything works fine. Only difference I noticed was the game is a little jerky for the first few minutes and if the game is slower at loading items in, as you move around the game jerks a bit but this disappears after a few minutes.

Overall pretty happy with the stability but still some frame rate issues in towns and villages.

So, after playing several hours I can say that I haven't had any BSODs but I did have one freeze upon loading in to the gameworld.  ....which required me to close the game and restart.  However, I should point out that I wasn't one of the ones who had been frequently affected by the BSOD issue.  In my case, they were still relatively infrequent but I did get far more freezes when spawning in.  I can't say whether the change(s) actually helped or not (me) at this point to be honest. 

Something else that is interesting to note is that lag spikes while driving and their severity have noticeably reduced in my sessions.  Since the update I have yet to have any significant lagging and in general, they happen far less frequently than they did prior to the patch.  They typically will only last for about 5 seconds or so with a moment just after things freeze where it briefly comes back for a plit second but it's enough to register your input on the controls.  In other words, as long as I apply the brakes right when a spike occurs, it will register a second later when that very brief window pops up and then when the lag stops about 4 seconds later the car has already come to a stop.

This was the case before as well but that brief window was preceded and followed by a much longer delay.  The entire even could last ~ 10 - 20+ seconds.  

Whatever they did seems to have really improved my situation with the lag spikes while driving.  I was planning on reporting that on the "report a bug" site since I believe I have several clips of the old lag spikes I could compare it to.  

A friend of mine blue screened today. First time in 3 days since he downloaded the game. Not bad.

Ive frozen a few times when logging into a session as I try to move the camera too soon before the world loads in. That certainly needs fixing.

When i log in game the world imidiately freezes. On my screen is everything on freeze but in the background the game still going on but not for me. My friends seeing me moving but i seeing them on one spot. They cant even kill me. WTF ??!!

• Sad 1

The latest bug that you Bohemia guys created, kills the rest of the game. You guys find a way to get the hardest biggest fans away from this Game. The no damage bug is the smartest solution i ever see to get absolutly every guy away from your game. Greate job ... done... day z is death you win ,we not.in 10 Years i think  ,everybody remember this guys as the most wothless  Dev. In Game History. Sry but After been more thsn 5 Years a big fan of this game i am  over  with  it  and spezialy you. Bye

Bye bye you steal  enough of my Time and money

6 minutes ago, Theorie said:

The latest bug that you Bohemia guys created, kills the rest of the game. You guys find a way to get the hardest biggest fans away from this Game. The no damage bug is the smartest solution i ever see to get absolutly every guy away from your game. Greate job ... done... day z is death you win ,we not.in 10 Years i think  ,everybody remember this guys as the most wothless  Dev. In Game History. Sry but After been more thsn 5 Years a big fan of this game i am  over  with  it  and spezialy you. Bye

Bye bye you steal  enough of my Time and money

Sorry to hear that but I can't say I blame you.  DayZ is admittedly one of the buggiest games I have ever played on PS4 to date.  In my case, if I weren't renting my own server I might have already done the same and cut bait.  

These issues are worse for some than others and can range from annoying to downright game-breaking especially what you describe.  ......which has happened to me on several occasions resulting in my death.  I only hope that 1.06 brings with it some fixes to the worst of the problems at least.  I only wish BIs communication was as open as they were a while back when they made a new commitment to fans to get DayZ sorted.  .....which honestly was the only reason I bought it when it released on this platform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maurice Schoberwalter said:

On pc is pvp server with spawn loot weapon but why is it not on ps4 please bring pvp server on ps4

They have official servers where your player spawns with a weapon?

While some of these issues seem to be exclusive to PS4, the game crashing is also a huge issue on xbox. 3 of my dedicated dayz squad members altogether quit playing this week after we lost a second car due to game crashes. You can't drive faster than 15 because you risk losing something you spent so much time building. It's just not fun anymore when so many important mechanics of the game don't work. As a player, it is beyond frustrating to see a new map coming out amidst so many important unresolved issues. Why would I want to pay to play on a new map just to have the same, and probably many more new issues? As cool as it is to have the new content, we really just want the current issues resolved. The release of livonia just shows (in my opinion) that you are more concerned about bringing in more money than you are about making your users happy. Well guess what bohemia... you are losing more money from these bugs than you will make from releasing dlc! I have several friends who considered buying the game until they played mine and realized all the frustration stemming from these unresolved problems. Please just figure this all out before you bring more broken gameplay. DayZ has amazing potential to be one of the greatest games ever, but until it is properly functional... it's nothing more than a flop.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 2:18 PM, Daniel1998 said:

Hey Bohemia,

You're asking for a reward on a hardcore survival game? Like what? An M4😂

Here’s my feedback having just started playing on PS4. I was hesitant to even buy it seeing as it was 39.99 and I can barely find a good review about it online. But I had faith in what I know and seen of the game so I gave in and bought it. Right off the bat I was shocked at how small the file is at 8.7gb. Which in my opinion is probably part of the problem. Whether it’s corner cutting, no funds to finance making it how it should be, or just plain incompetence/laziness. That is no where near the file size a game like this should be. It screams little effort but I’m no expert on that. 
So immediately I noticed there’s no option to manually input the name of the server you want. So every time I want to join my friends server I have to scroll down to page 47. No major problem there but it’s clear that there wasn’t a lot of brainstorming put into the main menu. 
When playing the game itself I’ve found that any length of time over an hour or 2 on a populated server will cause severe FPS drops and a possible blue screen. Closing the app every now and again to refresh fixes this but it shouldn’t be an issue in 2019 on a console that’s been out for 5 years +.
I can’t quite figure out what causes it but I know it’s an issue on pc also where for some reason an item you’re trying to loot from a container/bag/dead player will become bugged out and although it’s showing that it’s there, you can’t do anything with it. The same with players dropping items and the only person that can see it is the player who dropped it. Met a kind chap earlier who tried to give a spare tin opener to me that he had but after 5 minutes of trying different things, he ended up just opening my cans for me because no matter what we tried I could not receive the tin opener. It’s like it with things you drop on the ground for another player. Doesn’t happen all the time though, maybe 50% of the time if that. And my example of this is getting wrecked off spawn by some guy with a shotty about 6-8 times in a row only to finally get him weak enough over my 6-8 lives to knock him out. The shotgun I so desperately wanted after it killed me so many times was there on the floor staring at me. But there was no prompt to do anything whatsoever. And I got my head caved in from behind whilst trying to pick it up. (Pissed isn’t even the word for that) But another issue with this is Ive been constantly spawning at the same place. The only reason this guy killed me so quick every time because I kept downing right next to him.

Inventory screen is an absolute mess. I have slight ocd and it really grinds me when I look and see all these things I can’t stack or organise within there pocket or bag theyre in. Probably doesn’t bother most but for people like me it’s a nightmare. To add to this if you split a stack of something, you can’t re-stack it back up. So there’s a ton of things I can’t loot sometimes because there’s so many duplicates throughout my inventory that it gets to the point where I get somewhere and wish I picked something up a long the way but I couldn’t because of this garbage inventory system.

Looting in a hurry is non existent. Not like on pc where they can keep moving whilst looting to grab something they really need quickly without being sniped. On console your character stands/lays completely still. Inviting every sniper in the area to scoop your dome clean off in one shot. Another thing I can’t quite believe I’m the only one whose complained about it so far.
Stats. I get you guys are going for the hardcore survival thing but you could at least give us a menu somewhere with the stats there so we can see what’s going on clearer. I lost a lot of blood a few times now and it’s so annoying to just constantly pass out every 30 seconds after I get up. No word of a lie I had to just leave my guy in a building earlier whilst I watched YouTube because for 22 minutes (yes 22 minutes, I counted) my guy just kept passing out every time he got back up again. It’d be nice to have the stat somewhere so I can get a rough estimate of how long I need to stay in cover for. I love the game but if i have to sit there for the best part of half an hour just so my guy doesn’t pass out all the time. I get you’re goin for the hardcore survival thing but Christ there are some things you could help us out with a little. Your guy steps in a puddle and he soaking wet shivering. All of these stupid little mechanics take away from what makes the game fun. I’d rather be encountering other people and looting places than waiting to dry or get my blood back. Also why does it take over 2 minutes to drink half of our thirst meter? No joke, 2 whole minutes of sitting there holding square at a well but you can eat a can of food in 3 Seconds? It just adds to the ways which console players can get sniped whilst HAVING to sit still. The Cancel animation on anything is wayyyyy too long. If you get attacked whilst bandaging up then it’s GGs to you and goodbye to your gear you spent hours accumulating. If you guys are so hardcore on survival then why can we not just bolt off running. If I’m drinking water from a well IRL and a zombie approaches me I not going to take the time tend to the well while I finish. No. I’m gonna drop everything and run in the other direction. If I find or think of more I’ll be sure to update.

This wasn’t meant to be aggressive but it kinda reads that way but please just take it all as constructive criticism. I want the game to be the best it can be and I want to play it. Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

I hope you take my reply as constructive also, as it's by no means a criticism of you..

But most of what you mention which is annoying you is stuff annoys new players. You seem a little inexperienced. Also some of the things you mentioned aren't quite true or match my experience. Stepping in a puddle doesn't make my character shiver. Prolonged heavy rain does, or swimming to a nearby island.

I can also stack items of the same, so why can't you ?

I get that you're frustrated, as are many of us, but all I'm saying is most of what you have described is only frustrating when you first start out with the game.