ImpulZ

Addressing the crashes after the update 1.05

We are aware of the crashes happening on PlayStation 4 since the release of the update 1.05, and currently working on resolving them.

We haven't found the roots of these GPU related crashes yet. It appears, they have multiple causes and there are no reliable reproduction steps, at this point.

We will keep you updated on this thread.

30/10/2019 UPDATE:

We released an update that aims to mitigate the crashes affecting some PlayStation 4 players. 

Tweaked

• Memory distribution on PS4

Changed

• Updated the texture streaming system to be more resilient against texture allocation failures
  • Applied compression to several textures

Please, let us know if you keep experiencing crashes on the PlayStation 4, while providing as many details as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

9 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

We are aware of the crashes happening on PlayStation 4 since the release of the update 1.05, and currently working on resolving them.

We haven't found the roots of these GPU related crashes yet. It appears, they have multiple causes and there are no reliable reproduction steps, at this point.

Following was tested

1. Crashes & Blue screen occurs more on ps4 comparing to ps4 pro

2. Crashes happen when dead body piled up and there is more than 10 players in the area which cause rendering issue result on CPU Hog/Spike

3. Rendering is terrible on ps4 comparing to ps4 pro

4.Rendering/Bluescreen Improved running on PS4 Pro with SSD

5. If there is bunch deadbody pile up as soon loading/spawn on it's location the entire game freeze, These are feedback from atleast 130 regular players from Community

5.  since 1.05 with 9 hours gameplay a day only encountered 2 bluescreen with no rendering issue but bunch of freezing running on ps4 pro with SSD

It's may not be something important to you guys but I do strongly believe in Community & Engagement 🙂

Hope this helps

It took 20 days for you guys to acknowledge a game breaking issue? Some people have crashes multiple times an hour. People are losing gear that took hours to scavenge for. The patch has been out for almost three weeks. A lot of dedicated players have quit the game. No response to any of the tickets submitted, posts on the forums/discord, regarding the issue. This issue killed my stream for the past couple weeks after I had worked very hard to build a viewership. If the patch had been tested for more than a couple hours before release this issue would've been easily found. This is very disappointing and is no way to run a business. I hope someone with BI reads these posts and tries to change the culture there. 

• Like 6

I mean, To be honest I think they should communicate with us more. However, I'm not gonna act salty when they are actually making an effort to fix this now rather than making us wait. It's really annoying to lose high tier loot to the Blue Screen, however you lose your loot regardless in DayZ so it's really not that big of a deal. Yes, it sucks to lose an AK or M4 to that issue but if your high geared there is basically nothing to play for at that point anyways. I'm thankful this is finally being looked into and I hopefully won't have to worry about this being reoccurring as it has been since the 1.05 release. Thank you for listening to us and making an effort at the very least! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

It happens when logging in.

It happens at random when just running. 

It happens in almost every gun fight 

It happens when fighting zombies. 

It happens when scopeing in with all scopes 

It happens just at random weather I'm alone or with friends. Weather there's bodys around or not. 

• Like 3

So far as i can tell it happens 100% of the time if you are kicked from the server (mostly for restarts) but for any reason and then attempt to load back into the game without restarting the app will lead to one of the errors.

Basically just about any time you leave a server for most any reason you stand a pretty good to absolute chance of error if you do not restart the game before trying to log back in.

Its usually good for 2 crashes sometimes whether you do or dont restart the app before deciding to load.

While one is the blue error screen sometimes when the game attempts to load it just freezes after rendering about half to 3/4 of the environment it just freezes and sits there.

This is honestly a joke.. the game developers are trying to blame the problems on the console ?? LMFAO! It only took 20 something odd days for you to decide to look into and now it's a PS4/PS4 pro issue ?. Try telling that to naughty dog and see what you get for a response.

It happens every time you zoom with a scope, zombie fight, pvp, walking down the road.... Shit your game will crash if I think about doing something...

I have both PS4 and PS4 pro... The issues do not change.

Edited by SMACCKS100
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I've crashed nearly 30 times since the update, and it would be more had I not stopped playing for 2 weeks. Yesterday alone I had 8 crashes over a 6 hour play session.

This is the first time I've ever heard of a game being updated back to pre-alpha levels of stability. 

• Like 1

Just to toss this in....  It's happened to myself and my friend on my own private server with just us.  Also, while this issue did occur extremely rarely before 1.05, we get far more freezes and blue-screens than we ever did prior to the update.  

On that note, we do get freezes way more than the BSOD.  A lot of those are when loading in.  .....maybe unrelated but perhaps not.  

• Like 1

It seems like the issue was they did something to try and help the PS4 with the optimization issues which actually did improve upon the stutters and such but made the game completely crash out more often than it did prior to the 1.05 update 

Sry @Impulz ,

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Absolutely late the reaction, much too late. Why is not tested before? No one can tell me that the problems were not already known while developing and packaging the package and you still hewn out the update.

The game is not playable right now, and many players have turned their backs on DAYZ, legitimately.

Why is it only 3 weeks after release to the community, the buyers, responded when the problem was already known?

Bohemia should reconsider its way of communicating with us customers, especially so shortly before the release of a DLC, which will probably cost money.

5 minutes ago, FirefighterSFVFD_1 said:

It seems like the issue was they did something to try and help the PS4 with the optimization issues which actually did improve upon the stutters and such but made the game completely crash out more often than it did prior to the 1.05 update 

Well, that's the thing....  I didn't notice any improvements in the stutters, texture loading, etc. after the update.  The cars are also just as bad as they ever were in that regard too.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if there was some kind of improvement in that regard, we sure didn't notice it.

....on that oint though, the freezes I get when loading in do seems to occur as textures are loading in.  ...or if I move too soon.  I've been attempting not to move for about 20 seconds or so after it appears everything is loaded in.  So far, I have not had a freeze on startup when I do that but there's no proof it helps as the freezes were random.

• Like 1

I've noticed that things aren't rendering in game from far away now say if a door is open it looks closed and such which never happened before. I've noticed since the update the frame rate is much better in the big cities compared to before but the game crashes alot.

PS4 Pro 1To genuine HDD here.

No more blue screen than previous 1.05 but i got one BLACK screen, PS4 just went off when in game, with recover procedure when powered it back on.

Never got this with any game...

+

Help dev on this topic, there is no point to whine about bohemia behavior here.

Edited by S.Kaneda
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, S.Kaneda said:

PS4 Pro 1To genuine HDD here.

No more blue screen than previous 1.05 but i got one BLACK screen, PS4 just went off when in game, with recover procedure when powered it back on.

Never got this with any game

I had one crash like that since the update as well. Completely locked up my system. I had to do a hard boot.  My system was completely unresponsive. Hasn't happened again.....yet.

I should also note that I'm on an original PS4 with and external SSD.

I switched from a regular ps4 to ps4 pro. After a week of playing. i have yet to bluescreen “knock on wood”. The game has froze while loading in though. rendering has improved greatly as well. thanks for finally addressing the issue. 

• Like 1

Everytime I get into a car and a friend is in there. I blue screen. This is my 5th time with blue screen in a row...

Edited by Purple Devil
Just venting
  • Like 2

Bluescreens:

• Logout from a Server and reenter Server without Restart of the Game
  • During Scoping (random)
  • Fighting in Citys with Infected (random)
  • During Random Stuff

Lags,FPS Drops, POPUPS:

• in every City
  • all arround the World. 
  • Trees are not rendered although 10m in front of it.
  • Textures are reloaded behind one (after which they are out of sight) at high speed turn over. The meshes are recognizable before.

Other Bugs:

• Ghosts ammo (First shell works, other in the Mag are ghosts)
  • Freeze of Character during throw animation

And this is a short list , the Buglist ist even longer! I can make a Video and the lenght would be 1Hours full of bugs....

Just experienced my first "Ghost Rounds" bug. Emptied a full mag into a guy from an M4 and didn't get a single hit on him, thankfully he was panicking hard core and ran away but I had to log in and log back out because I couldn't eat, drink, heal up, or even pull the pin on a frag after the shots rang out.Then I crashed when I tried to log back in 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FirefighterSFVFD_1 said:

Just experienced my first "Ghost Rounds" bug. Emptied a full mag into a guy from an M4 and didn't get a single hit on him, thankfully he was panicking hard core and ran away but I had to log in and log back out because I couldn't eat, drink, heal up, or even pull the pin on a frag after the shots rang out.Then I crashed when I tried to log back in 

I got one of those when I was cornered by some infected.  I switched guns as that usually works but then found out all of my weapons were no longer dealing damage.  I couldn't log out for obvious reasons to correct it and died.  ....not fun.

Experiences crashing and freezing 

1. Loading into servers doesn't matter which ones but its not Absolute, Sometimes you Crash and other times you dont. 

2. Fighting zombies , It has happened a number of 30 times, I wish I recorded each of them. And it doesn't blue screen on them, It literally Freezes STILL and nothing can be done but restart the game and what happens? you die. 

3. Throwing an item my game just immediately bluescreened

4. getting into the car , 3 bluescreens 

5. random blue screens just walking around this has happened in the middle of the woods and other places. 

I actually almost died due to the "No Damage" bug as well. I ran into a container and tryed to close in zombies after shooting and two of the Zombies was hitting me and I couldn't use the Stock of my rifle to hit them for some reason and the bullets wasn't do anything so I just tryed to get out of there as fast as I could. I managed to get out and log, then came back to see the guy I had shot at ran away and never returned and my M4 magically wasn't in my inventory or on my shoulder where it should've been so it's just gone. Thankfully it is a community server that I rarely play on, it's just more for practice and such but still annoying to say the least.

• Haha 1