Skimshady

New map (server owner question)

I currently own a server and will be buying the DLC however how will it work. Will i be able to run the two maps alongside each other or will i be only able to play one map at a time on the server?

Was thinking the same thing, but I guess when the server is setup, you would need to choose a map to run on the current server, so possibly either the current server would need to be wiped and reinstalled with the new DLC map or would need to rent another server to run the DLC map if you want to keep the current Cherno map on the server, but would be great if both maps were available on one server and the player has the option to login to either of the two maps available.

not really its expected, community servers are pointless unto the server owners can actually do anything

Would love to hear from BI about this. I am wondering if I should go ahead and get another server now or wait until release because it would be a option to switch maps.

I personally think that server owners wont be able to run both without getting another server or will be given the option to switch over to new map you'd have to buy the dlc to play on the server. Who knows though, maybe as a server owner you'll be given the DLC as part of server rental.

On 10/23/2019 at 5:01 AM, Skimshady said:

I currently own a server and will be buying the DLC however how will it work. Will i be able to run the two maps alongside each other or will i be only able to play one map at a time on the server?

Shame on Bohemia for not providing information already ! 🤨 

I hope the new map fixes all the things broken with the currently unfinished map we are all playing on. If it's as buggy as the original map, there's not a cat in hells chance I'll be handing over more money!