Sign in to follow this  
Cyclic

Character wiped??

Wtf BI this has happened way to many times now.

Dont take my words as fact but are you 1000000000% sure you DID NOT get merked while logging out? Ive never ever been randomly wiped other than switching from private to public (which is normal)

Edit: you don't get character wiped switching from private to public just different characters incase someone takes it the wrong way 🙂

Edited by Andyyypandyyy
Explaination

Nope I lost 2 of my 3 went to the server and got 75 second timer and then there i am a freshie, lost my VSS which I have had for weeks. Ran that character to Tisy and back to get mags.....

I don't know about any wipe but in a facebook group i am people are reporting that they are spawning in different characters. Like if they switched characters with other players. Some people are spawning in fully kitted characters with M4s and AKs, somehow they are playing with a character of another player and i have no idea of what is happening.

Yep this happened to me tonight. Loaded in with a notice of delayed login and warp as if I changed servers, but this was the only one I play on. Loaded in as a different character with different gear. Funny thing was another guy loaded in at the same time right next to each other. After a brief stare down we hit our mics on and shared a WTF moment, and then traveled for a spell before I logged off. Was frustrating loosing all my gear and loading with what must have been someone else’s, but sharing the experience with another victim at least made it funny.

My othe character loaded in with some other dudes gear, enjoy my VSS and AK101 whoever you are 

I'm not sure if I'm relieved that my tent and stored gear may still be where I left them or panicked that someone else may have spawned in my body and now has all my stuff... 

I'm in the process of making my way back and maybe, if I'm lucky he'll be hanging around for me to "repossess" my items... 

8 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Reading this, I might actually be pissed if I just continue as my current char tonight 😄

You'll probably be fresh spawn, like I was. I logged in 3hrs after maintenance finished and my server was full and I was on the coast. I think all the character swapping happened to those who logged in as soon as the servers were back up, unfortunately... 

2 minutes ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

You'll probably be fresh spawn, like I was. I logged in 3hrs after maintenance finished and my server was full and I was on the coast. I think all the character swapping happened to those who logged in as soon as the servers were back up, unfortunately... 

Ah, shame 🙂 I just fresh spawned last weekend and got ma char together, so that's not so appealing. 

This happened to me, too. I logged in on 10/16 after 10/15 maintenance, and my character was a fresh spawn. I was sure that I logged out in a safe place, so no one could have killed me. I have several other accounts, and I checked them - all characters were reset. This is completely unacceptable. I had 6 fully equipped characters with different weapons and miscellaneous gear because the best way to save stuff is to not be on the server. The minimum diligence any game must provide is actual saving of game and character stats.

I have been playing since version .43 (6000+ hours on primary account), and I have put up with lots of grief, bugs, glitches, wipes and broken things in this game, but I have always been patient. I assumed that with 1.0, things would be minimally reliable, but this is an insult. I am discouraged and disappointed now, and I am considering quitting for good.

Edited by Pat Austin
Edit: corrected dates

I got two characterS back today but appears They are set back a bit in terms of what they had on them

1 hour ago, Pat Austin said:

I have several other accounts, and I checked them - all characters were reset. This is completely unacceptable. I had 6 fully equipped characters with different weapons and miscellaneous gear

I am discouraged and disappointed now, and I am considering quitting for good.

I wholeheartedly encourage you to quit and never play again since you are clearly part of the hoarding problem 😊

• Beans 2

Sign in to follow this