thepoey

What is the point of doing any endgame features like base building if we are just going to get unexpected wipes every 2 months?

No notice of wipe, no patch notes, no change log.

Wipes were understandable and expected in .63. 

But at 1.05? Complete garbage. 

Seriously, what is even the point of playing if this is going to be the procedure going forward? Why bother playing, building a base, doing anything in this game that is a serious time investment? 

Do you want us just to have coastal deathmatch? I can play PUBG for that. 

What's the deal? @Greensek

It is very frustrating, I agree, however their tweets said that "there should be no affect to characters, bases etc".

Obviously, that tweet was incorrect. 

So there was some kind of mess up. 

A game dev is stuck between a rock and a hard place; apologise for mistakes that they make and have the community cry and wail regardless, or don't apologise and just keep working on the game and have the community cry and wail regardless. 

Once you've played the game long enough, you see all the imperfections as well as all the mistakes that the devs make, like little to no communication etc. 

Is it wrong to want the game to be better? 

No. 

Is it your right that they make the game the way you think it should be made?

No.

So, at the end of the day, we can cry and wail and post all over the forums and twitter about how the devs are ruining the game and how we lost all our stuff etc etc, but what do you really think it will achieve?

Even if people on here agree with you and you have a little haters club, will that change anything? 

You are the only one who can change. Stop playing the game. Uninstall it and go back to whatever you played before. 

Or do like the rest of us and start your character up again and immerse yourself in Chernarus from scratch like everyone else has to.

Does it suck. 

Yep. 

Does it matter? 

No. 

Act like an adult and deal with it. 

• Like 4

I understand the thread starters frustrations, but most MMO Survival games have more frequent server wipes than DayZ & most of those don't have a Central loot economy but instead rely on weapons crafting systems. With a game like DayZ, if you don't wipe occasionally then the amount of stashes, barrels & wooden crates on the server filled with unused high tiers weapons start to block them from spawning anymore & cause server instability . Until some kind of system is put in place to deteriorate & eventually delete unused stashes/bases, the only way to keep servers & CLE running smoothly is to wipe. Also when updates come out with new items & game mechanics, if they don't wipe it can cause bugs for the server & character databases as server settings need to be changed. As i said though, i fully understand how people would want a fully persistent world. 

8 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Until some kind of system is put in place to deteriorate & eventually delete unused stashes/bases, the only way to keep servers & CLE running smoothly is to wipe.

AFAIK there is a system in place that deletes unused stuff after 40something days. We should also differentiate between wipes that are announced and part of a release, and those caused by someone pushing some buttons and doesnt know what hes doing until the whole system crashes, but not telling anyone whats up. Looking at the date this thread was posted, i suspect the second option.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 2:13 PM, Thunderpants_AU said:

It is very frustrating, I agree, however their tweets said that "there should be no affect to characters, bases etc".

Obviously, that tweet was incorrect. 

So there was some kind of mess up. 

A game dev is stuck between a rock and a hard place; apologise for mistakes that they make and have the community cry and wail regardless, or don't apologise and just keep working on the game and have the community cry and wail regardless. 

Once you've played the game long enough, you see all the imperfections as well as all the mistakes that the devs make, like little to no communication etc. 

Is it wrong to want the game to be better? 

No. 

Is it your right that they make the game the way you think it should be made?

No.

So, at the end of the day, we can cry and wail and post all over the forums and twitter about how the devs are ruining the game and how we lost all our stuff etc etc, but what do you really think it will achieve?

Even if people on here agree with you and you have a little haters club, will that change anything? 

You are the only one who can change. Stop playing the game. Uninstall it and go back to whatever you played before. 

Or do like the rest of us and start your character up again and immerse yourself in Chernarus from scratch like everyone else has to.

Does it suck. 

Yep. 

Does it matter? 

No. 

Act like an adult and deal with it. 

Been playing DayZ since 2013, I know the deal, thanks. Well aware of the gameplay loop. 

Obviously, this turned out to not be a "wipe" but the gap in communication that we were even getting an update, what said update entailed, coupled with the initial lack of communication about what happened, was pretty ridiculous. 

I'm not a "hater"; I'm critical of what is still an unpolished mess after almost 7 years of development time, with increasingly poor communication from the developers to the community. Being frustrated that by, and expressing that frustration, on the official forums, which, by the way, are designed for the community to discuss the game, and pass feedback along to said developers, is not unreasonable. Communicating that frustration to the developers and expecting some kind of explanation, (which, we got by the way, after enough outcry) is normal. They have a public feedback tracker for a reason, after all. I wouldn't be expressing frustration if I ultimately didn't love this game and want what's best for it, and I think that constant bugs and frustrating gameplay hiccups is ultimately bad for retaining a long-term player base and keeping the game healthy.   

Yeah, this game has made some pretty impressive strides since then, and I still enjoy many core aspects of it, but a lot of it is still frustrating as hell, none of which is acceptable for what is purportedly a finished game.   

If you want to be delusional about all of that and shoot down any and all feedback because your favorite video game in the whole wide widdle world gets some very valid complaints about it, feel free. I did that kind of thing when I was an 11 year old too. 

Act like an adult, and accept that some people aren't going to have the same opinions as you regarding the state of this game, and deal with it.   

Edited by thepoey
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 10:44 AM, thepoey said:

Been playing DayZ since 2013, I know the deal, thanks. Well aware of the gameplay loop. 

Obviously, this turned out to not be a "wipe" but the gap in communication that we were even getting an update, what said update entailed, coupled with the initial lack of communication about what happened, was pretty ridiculous. 

I'm not a "hater"; I'm critical of what is still an unpolished mess after almost 7 years of development time, with increasingly poor communication from the developers to the community. Being frustrated that by, and expressing that frustration, on the official forums, which, by the way, are designed for the community to discuss the game, and pass feedback along to said developers, is not unreasonable. Communicating that frustration to the developers and expecting some kind of explanation, (which, we got by the way, after enough outcry) is normal. They have a public feedback tracker for a reason, after all. I wouldn't be expressing frustration if I ultimately didn't love this game and want what's best for it, and I think that constant bugs and frustrating gameplay hiccups is ultimately bad for retaining a long-term player base and keeping the game healthy.   

Yeah, this game has made some pretty impressive strides since then, and I still enjoy many core aspects of it, but a lot of it is still frustrating as hell, none of which is acceptable for what is purportedly a finished game.   

If you want to be delusional about all of that and shoot down any and all feedback because your favorite video game in the whole wide widdle world gets some very valid complaints about it, feel free. I did that kind of thing when I was an 11 year old too. 

Act like an adult, and accept that some people aren't going to have the same opinions as you regarding the state of this game, and deal with it.   

LOL OK buddy.

Edited by Thunderpants_AU
Changed my mind

I'm pretty sure theyve never updated without patchnotes lol you even try looking?

Edited by RyanS1994
spelling

Base-building is relatively pointless anyway strictly because it's too easy to break into them.  Now, it's a little different on private servers as most if not all players abide by rules, such as no off-lining, etc.  Official servers though?  Nah man.  Forget building anything.