Pauperprince

Vehicles could build up torque to go up hills and even burnout

8 hours ago, etaab said:

Racing? That's brave. I just slam on the breaks if the lag starts, at least I know when it passes I should come to a complete stop.

well 2 car races on a private server on the krasnostav air strip means nothing, on a server with no players we were just fooling around, but on an official server we rarely even drove 2 cars near each other out of fear and in the current state driving is such a threat with a crash giving damage, and the random game crashes that aren't even always blue screens. 

I can understand why you wouldn't want to do so on a public server. The reassuring thing is, BI know how to develop good car mechanics so I expect the car physics to be fixed soon.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:02 PM, etaab said:

.......BI know how to develop good car mechanics so I expect the car physics to be fixed soon.

‘I would be thrilled to see a fix soon. I look forward to seeing good car mechanics.

Yet, Vehicles still can’t make it up roads on hills. Dsync can cause a car to enter a 15km/h+ struck state. The check engine light isn’t exclusive to changeable components. There’s no horn. Headlights have no peripheral illumination and reverse lights are really dim. All tire tread markings are identical. Olga’s parked on certain terrain have a chance  to despawn. Vehicle skins intermittently render damages. Vehicles still spawn upside down, wedged between objects, or on buildings. Throttle lacks trigger sensitivity. Camera drag during first person view operations. Emissions originate from forward end of carriage and clip thru during operations. Etc.

So, really, I’m not holding my breath. Hopefully BI will roll out improvements while I’m still playing. I have no doubt people are hard at work on all aspects of DayZ, but it’s about resources, abilities, and priorities. So who knows. 

‘Either way, I’m still enjoying the game 

Edited by Pauperprince

Well, they managed good vehicle physics in Operation Flashpoint and the Arma series, so i expect them to fix it soon.

Literally like two days ago I only just noticed they fixed the LOD skip, now I can look in and out of scopes without the world turning white or the scope being blurred for the first few seconds. It happened so unexpectedly that when I started playing after 1.05 dropped it works so smooth now I didn't even notice. As does the vaulting over walls. I'm really happy with the direction the game is going, I just wish BI fixed these issues before the game came out, we might have kept a higher player count than we do now.

Edited by etaab

On 10/8/2019 at 6:30 PM, Kean__1 said:

Do you mean holding down the button to shift gears or the [shift] key as on PC?

I mean the (shift) key.

2 minutes ago, aaronlands said:

I mean the (shift) key.

Well, in that case, I don't know.  This is the PS4 forum.

1 minute ago, Kean__1 said:

Well, in that case, I don't know.  This is the PS4 forum.

Oops didn't realize. It's the sprint bottom bound to the shift up button? Either I'm not even sure if this is true because it's  been so long since I've even attempted to drive a car.

1 minute ago, aaronlands said:

Oops didn't realize. It's the sprint bottom bound to the shift up button? Either I'm not even sure if this is true because it's  been so long since I've even attempted to drive a car.

Yeah, I'm just not familiar with the PC keybinds as I never played DayZ on that platform.  I switched to console when the PS3 came out.  

1 hour ago, Pauperprince said:

I edited the original post to exclude a few more notes on vehicle issues.

I didn't see it on your list but perhaps I missed it or maybe my friends and I are the only ones affected.....

After exiting a vehicle (as the driver), the player will sometimes freeze in place for a period of time. It's very similar to how a lag spike occurs and can be at the moment you step out to about a minute later.

That glitch seems related to vehicles in the game and the lag spike issues.  ....just thought I would throw it out there.

Pretty much agree with everything.

On 10/5/2019 at 9:56 PM, Pauperprince said:
  • Dropping a weapon while getting in a vehicle is silly. If you can sprint with it in your hands, you should be able to enter a vehicle with it in your hand.

The problem with this is that the assigned controls (holding square to drop for example) takes priority over on-screen prompts (hold square to enter vehicle, etc).

The on-screen prompts should take priority. This will fix this issue.

Not being able to get in a vehicle with an item in hand is another one of those steps backwards that they keep taking with every update. We had it and now we don't.