Aj90lfc

Open letter regarding the current state of consoles.

An open community letter regarding the current state of DayZ on consoles.

Hey guys/gals, first off, let me start off by saying i love the game, i love the game so much i'm spending my time writing this letter which i've never done before so hear me out.

This game is less than perfect right now, the current console state is unplayable, now at first i was letting this slip hoping for a fix, it's now been 4 weeks possibly longer and the game is still unplayable, i'll list all the issue's that i'm personally aware off, but it's not just game faults and bugs thats needs fixing, it's the lack of communication with the player base, the lack of care regarding said updates, as an example look at the current patch notes for 1.05. It's not even fully released for all systems and it has known issues, this is a problem.

I attempted to convey this to the facebook page, and the comment was removed by the page administration team, thus forcing me to write this letter, both Twitter and facebook are probably 70% dominated by people asking for fixes to the game. An example i was driving through Cherno at 20MPH to collect a friend on my Xbox One X, my game froze, made my car crash into the wall, and ruined my radiator, i had one in the trunk of my car but it was glitched and couldn't be moved by me or my friend after re-logging. We got lucky and found a new one, but we couldn't fill it with our Gerry can of water, because that too, wouldn't move.

A full release game, which is having hard copies printed to disc, should NOT be having this amount of issues, and it should 100% not be having new updates roll out with known issues, fix them before you roll the update out, please for the sake of the game.
The game currently averages less than 100 thousand players, on it's main platform (Steam) this is a direct result from lack of care and communication on said issues. Players are quitting by the droves and are begging for stability and performance updates, and instead we're told there's a DLC coming, with an animal promised during Alpha developement? Really guys? That's forgetting about all the removed functions like Fishing, and Tanning, Weapons, Vehicles? The V3S and the bus was removed but you kept the truck battery in game with zero purpose? Really? The DLC map isn't even new, it's a port from Arma 3's contact DLC.

Current major issues;

• - Servers over 50 players suffer heavy lag problems
  • - Client crashing
  • - Invisible loot
  • - Visible but uninteractable loot
  • - Cars flipping
  • - Inconsistant persistance
  • - Duplication issues destroying the loot economy on public/official hives
  • - Disease/Illness systems
  • - Database saving issues
  • - Vehicle headlights can't be turned on
  • - Night Vision goggles can't be worn whilst moving
  • - Headtorch is a red light
  • - Weather changes drops client FPS severely
  • - Baraka Sights don't work with battery

I want this game to be popular, i want this game to be loved and enjoyed, to be a success. If it carries on like this, it will be a dead game, any new adopters are immediately turned away because of the glitches.

Edited by Aj90lfc
  • Like 4
  • Beans 1

52 minutes ago, Aj90lfc said:

- Headtorch is a red light

This is not an issue, there are both white and red headlights torchs, the red one is for stealth improvement.

When we played on official servers, my mate an i searched for red ones because it's way less visible by enemies in the distance.

On your list of bug you can ad "most of battery powered scopes (i.e : baraka one) are broken as of 1.04".

53 minutes ago, Aj90lfc said:

as an example look at the current patch notes for 1.06

You mean 1.05 i assume.

Edited by S.Kaneda

3 minutes ago, S.Kaneda said:

You mean 1.05 i assume.

Indeed, allow me to do a quick edit. As far as i'm aware, the PSO-1 work's fine with batteries, so does the mini sights, combat sights, and RVN (at least on my xbox they do)

Edited by Aj90lfc

11 minutes ago, Aj90lfc said:

As far as i'm aware, the PSO-1 work's fine with batteries, so does the mini sights, combat sights, and RVN (at least on my xbox they do)

On PS4, pso-1 yes (but optional anyway), mini sight no (BK133 would be so greater with it...), combat sight i donno remember, and RVN i stopped play on official because of duppind and NVG useless on head (and players lack cause lack of guns), i play on 24/7 daylight now.

Is baraka working on XboX anyway?

Edited by S.Kaneda

15 minutes ago, S.Kaneda said:

Is baraka working on XboX anyway?

Unsure, neither me or my friends have tried it

All the scopes works fine for me, maybe you forgot to add batteries or they were out of power.

And I would call it a gross overstatement that "the current console state is unplayable" - did you play the earlier versions?

The current version is a wonderland compared to the earlier ones and a great improvement overall.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

All the scopes works fine for me, maybe you forgot to add batteries or they were out of power.

And I would call it a gross overstatement that "the current console state is unplayable" - did you play the earlier versions?

The current version is a wonderland compared to the earlier ones and a great improvement overall.

Yeah, when it was in preview, i played when it was on Pc only during 0.36 too, i've been in every state of the game, but considering this is beginning to have hard copies printed and updates released to the game for the ESRB rating, these type of issues should not exist to the severity that they do. The game is playable if you live the coastal fresh spawn life, get geared, get a vehicle, get a camp. Then tell me the game is a great improvement, updates are going backwards instead of forwards, why do you think the last 2 months has resulted in a 20% player decrease?

EDIT: And for the record, that decrease is for Steam, not console which are in an even worse state. Look at the official servers, tell me the population counts.

Edited by Aj90lfc

@aux7 huh, that’s really surprising. I wonder if they had the same numbers in .63 when there were so few guns.

Do you have the info for NVG?

*edit* no idea why this post was sent in this thread. Obviously I am replying to your firearms post (fucking mobile 😂)

Edited by ThePugman

10 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Do you have the info for NVG?

Aside from you can attach them to tactical helmets, and NVG headstraps, but you can't actively slide them down. You have to stand still on the spot and hold RT/R2 to use them, and you can't move with them, kind of defeats the purpose of night vision, if you can't move using that vision.

EDIT: I don't even think 0.63 had less guns, i'd argue it had more, it actually had the AuG ontop off the 22LR pistol (Which is only just being re-added as a *NEW* weapon) the majority of weapons since then have been removed, such as the bow, crossbow, IZh shotgun, AUG, .22LR, Derringer, 1911, 1911 engraved, PM33 RAKK, the revolver, The Longhorn revolver too! God DAMN i miss that thing.

Edited by Aj90lfc

55 minutes ago, Aj90lfc said:

Yeah, when it was in preview, i played when it was on Pc only during 0.36 too, i've been in every state of the game, but considering this is beginning to have hard copies printed and updates released to the game for the ESRB rating, these type of issues should not exist to the severity that they do. The game is playable if you live the coastal fresh spawn life, get geared, get a vehicle, get a camp. Then tell me the game is a great improvement, updates are going backwards instead of forwards, why do you think the last 2 months has resulted in a 20% player decrease?

EDIT: And for the record, that decrease is for Steam, not console which are in an even worse state. Look at the official servers, tell me the population counts.

If you played since 0.36 then you have to know that the state the game is in now is better then it has ever been on most areas.

Just try going one patch back when the big cities were no-go zones because of the lag and all the other stuff that has been happening - DayZ right now has never been any better, but I guess all the negativity towards it is still the same as a lot of people wants way more from it - and I can understand that, but it won't come in one day and patience is a virtue (im just stealing words here lol).

There will _always_ be bugs in DayZ and there will most likely _always_ be some sort of duping (rampant or not), better learn to live with it and enjoy the game. 🙂

And if the current state of the game is so "unplayable" then I urge you to give 0.36 a try again for a week or two and then see if your mind changes.

Edited by Jonas Levin

2 hours ago, Aj90lfc said:

Current major issues;

• - Servers over 50 players suffer heavy lag problems
  • - Disease/Illness systems
  • - Weather changes drops client FPS severely

I can't say I've noticed a difference between high and low pop servers regarding lag. I've experience mild lag on low pop and no lag on high pop. Maybe it's more to do with bases or loot stashes? Not sure. 

I'm unsure what you mean about disease? Broken limbs are still too be added but the current disease system seems to be working OK. 

Sometimes I do get a frame drop when weather changes but it lasts a second at most. 

I'm not blind to the current issue the game does have but no disputing the fact that the game is probably in the best state its been in. I'll probably be accused of being a fanboy (can't imagine why!) but I play many games in far worse states. That also doesn't mean I accept the bugs, but I live with them because this is such a great game. Of course player numbers drop off, because the kids get bored and go back to CoD. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I can't say I've noticed a difference between high and low pop servers regarding lag. I've experience mild lag on low pop and no lag on high pop. Maybe it's more to do with bases or loot stashes? Not sure. 

I'm unsure what you mean about disease? Broken limbs are still too be added but the current disease system seems to be working OK. 

Sometimes I do get a frame drop when weather changes but it lasts a second at most. 

I'm not blind to the current issue the game does have but no disputing the fact that the game is probably in the best state its been in. I'll probably be accused of being a fanboy (can't imagine why!) but I play many games in far worse states. That also doesn't mean I accept the bugs, but I live with them because this is such a great game. Of course player numbers drop off, because the kids get bored and go back to CoD. 

I don't think it has anything to do with CoD at all, that's an excuse you're giving yourself to defend the game and the state of developement, people are leaving because they're not having an enjoyable experience it's as simple as that go and look on facebook, twitter and you'll see people complain 24/7 on every single post. The only ones defending it are currently Steam users, and they just say "We told you so". And honestly, i did have more fun back then than i do now, maybe it's because there's more funcions added to the game since then that make me want to do different things other than grab a gun and shoot someone,  but honestly, if half of or more of them don't work and break other area's of the game (Seriously there was one time when an update was adjusting loot spawns and they broke certain items, yeah it happened) 

And by disease i mean, the likes of Cholera etc. No matter what i do as a fresh spawn, within 60 minutes i'm infected, be it from drinking at a Water Well with clean gloves, to eating a tin of peaches? And it's also happened to my friends too, i've used 3 boxes of terta pills, and half a box of multi-vitamins. I'm still sick? 

To be fair, when talking lag, i was talking about the private Nitrado shards, which don't list Region, or ping, or actual player count by number (Why we don't have that information is unreal) it may have been the two dudes i've bumped into but on both occassions i was aiming at them and they essentially blinked (TP'd by about 2 meters with lag) and had his gun lowered, next minute i'm dead without anything happening.

Edited by Aj90lfc

3 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Yes i'm dumb, maybe dumber sometime...

I'll make video so you can see how i am...

Edit :

Edited by S.Kaneda

1 hour ago, S.Kaneda said:

Yes i'm dumb, maybe dumber sometime...

I'll make video so you can see how i am...

Edit :

This is on Playstation right? Because it works on xbox. 

4 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

This is on Playstation right? Because it works on xbox. 

I said it on my second post here.

I make no difference between consoles versions, both are broken, both need BI hurry to fix it.

Edited by S.Kaneda

2 hours ago, Aj90lfc said:

don't think it has anything to do with CoD at all

CoD is an example. But some people simply don't have the attention span for slow burn games like dayz. They see YouTube videos and get disappointed by the slow game play...in some cases. 

I have never had the issues with disease you're talking about. Ever. I can always identify what caused me to become ill and I can always cure it. 

I don't play on private servers, only official. I played on manparts server for a couple of days but it was very dull and didn't go back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S.Kaneda said:

I make no difference between consoles versions, both are broken, both need BI hurry to fix it.

Well actually it does make a difference because this was fixed on xbox but is still bugged on Playstation. So yes, it matters. My question was rhetorical. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Well actually it does make a difference because this was fixed on xbox but is still bugged on Playstation. So yes, it matters. My question was rhetorical. 

Battery powered scopes worked perfectly before 1.04 on PS4...

Most of bugs and broking game shits are shared between console versions, that's why i make no difference, we need to unit facing BI.

EDIT : no illness problem on PS4 as far as i know, as well.

Edited by S.Kaneda

3 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

And...? 

You said it is fixed on XboX with 1.04, so they just gave us the bug they fixed for you, that's pretty interesting, no?

Edited by S.Kaneda

Interesting how? I'm not clear why you're talking about Playstation specific issues on an xbox thread. I don't know what you're trying to achieve. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

18 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'm not clear why you're talking about Playstation specific issues on an xbox thread.

So far i though both consoles shared same issues (car flipping, inventory loot locked, server freez/lag etc), because all ps4/xbox bug relative topics i saw untill this one talked only about same bugs, that's why i posted here.

Also, i'm dumb, remember?

Edited by S.Kaneda

3 minutes ago, S.Kaneda said:

I'm dumb, remember?

If you insist. My point is that you are trying to prove something doesn't work to xbox users when actually it does. Your post is specific to PlayStation. Why would I complain about a bug on xbox in the PC section just because they had it once? 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

43 minutes ago, S.Kaneda said:

If you are posting playstation-bugs in the Xbox-section the the dumbness is right lol.

Edited by Jonas Levin

26 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Interesting how? I'm not clear why you're talking about Playstation specific issues on an xbox thread. I don't know what you're trying to achieve. 

He just need to complain, there is a lot of that around - apparently it is infectious and once you get it there is no turning back... 🙂