Porcelain_Punisher

Still no guns?

Just came back to dayz. Had to stop playing it until they did another update to fix some stuff. So far I am enjoying it again. A couple minor things that they need to work on but over all it has my attention again. I love the unique aspect of the game and the firefights in dayz are far more exciting and immersive than any other console game. 

Here is my complaint.. weapons like the m4 and ak became non existent for a while and they blamed duping. Ok I can buy that. But they did some updates and wiped everything. So why is it still just as hard to find an m4 or ak. Me and my buddies have been playing regularly for a week now. Checked every military base a few times and even right after a couple server resets. Not a single m4 or ak. A friend did find an ak in a helo crash but that was it. Why is nothing spawning still? This game is supposed to be based in a semi modern era and on a map with multiple military camps and bases. Yet we are still stuck with break action rifles, shotguns, and the occasional sks. I'm not asking for loot to be plentiful but can we be atleast a little more realistic and reasonable here. The amount of searching we have done and time invested for none of us to find an m4 is a little ridiculous. I thought duping has been fixed with this server hopping fix?

2 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

But they did some updates and wiped everything. So why is it still just as hard to find an m4 or ak.

Because duping is still on, so back before 1.04, no tier 4 weapons, except in duper bases.

Just after 1.04 my buddies and i found KA (74, 101), but BI just fucked up servers and all characters were wiped, in between dupers filled up their tents with duped weapons, and now no way to find one.

Only remains SG5 so far, but 9x19 bullets are now pretty difficult to find, just found one box since character wipe "bug", easiest way is to find and empty SG5 magazines you don't need.

2 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

I thought duping has been fixed with this server hopping fix? 

Server hopping "fix" was only to fix server hopping trick.

Edited by S.Kaneda

1 hour ago, S.Kaneda said:

Because duping is still on, so back before 1.04, no tier 4 weapons, except in duper bases.

Just after 1.04 my buddies and i found KA (74, 101), but BI just fucked up servers and all characters were wiped, in between dupers filled up their tents with duped weapons, and now no way to find one.

Only remains SG5 so far, but 9x19 bullets are now pretty difficult to find, just found one box since character wipe "bug", easiest way is to find and empty SG5 magazines you don't need.

Server hopping "fix" was only to fix server hopping trick.

Then how are dupers duping still? Because I'm pretty sure the way to dupe was to drop your gear in one server and swap to another. Then you have to go back to the first server and pick it up. Pretty difficult to do when the game throws you all the way to the other side of the map after server hopping.  Unless there is a new way to duplicate. 

I've also read months ago that regardless of duping, the developers made the guns more rare anyway.  

A mate of mine found 2 AKM's (at different locations) earlier today on public servers - so it is possible to find them spawning from time to time.

7 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Then how are dupers duping still? Because I'm pretty sure the way to dupe was to drop your gear in one server and swap to another. Then you have to go back to the first server and pick it up. Pretty difficult to do when the game throws you all the way to the other side of the map after server hopping.  Unless there is a new way to duplicate. 

I've also read months ago that regardless of duping, the developers made the guns more rare anyway.  

Duping is done in a different way now (I won't say how) but yeah, I have seen pictures of obscene amounts of items being duplicated just like before. As far as I can tell the god tent glitch isn't a thing yet however.

There is a loot table you can see with a quick google search, it lists the amount of weapons that should be on each server at any one time, not including those being carried by players. They do however calculate stashes in the loot table so say if there should be 5 LAR's on a server and one dude has 5 LAR's buried then no more will spawn until they are despawned in any way.

Just the way it is I'm afraid.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:08 AM, TahoeBeast said:

I have a feeling even if the duping was completely fixed people would still be whining. 

Funny I wasnt whining when the game first came out and there was still a reasonable amount of firearms on the deck. 

On 9/18/2019 at 4:50 AM, greggyt said:

Duping is done in a different way now (I won't say how) but yeah, I have seen pictures of obscene amounts of items being duplicated just like before. As far as I can tell the god tent glitch isn't a thing yet however.

There is a loot table you can see with a quick google search, it lists the amount of weapons that should be on each server at any one time, not including those being carried by players. They do however calculate stashes in the loot table so say if there should be 5 LAR's on a server and one dude has 5 LAR's buried then no more will spawn until they are despawned in any way.

Just the way it is I'm afraid.

I'm well aware of this. Which is why they either need to get rid of hidden stashes or up the number of loot. Its absolutely BS that people take all those guns and hide them in underground stashes in the woods. Tents or crates in a player base it fine with me, but if there is going to be underground loot then they either need to get rid of that those or up the number of guns on a server. 

On 9/20/2019 at 6:49 AM, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Funny I wasnt whining when the game first came out and there was still a reasonable amount of firearms on the deck. 

The whole reason why it didn’t seem to be an issue months ago, is because persistence was fucked. Bases, stashes, tents, etc used to despawn all the time, including all the top tier weapons inside. Now they have fixed persistence and we can all see how flawed the current system for high-end weapons is.

There are only 10 m4s allowed on a server at one time. Same for AKM’s. 4 SVD’s... 3 VSS’s!

I don’t mind the fact that these are rare, but I don’t think they should count the ones that are buried.

Perhaps they need to increase the despawn time... Or have wolves howl and dig around stashes.

They need to do something though. Stashes are an amazing mechanic, but they are a little bit OP.

Edited by ThePugman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

There are only 10 m4s allowed on a server at one time. Same for AKM’s. 4 SVD’s... 3 VSS’s!

This amount is the same no matter server slots (for privates ones)?

Do you have a link showing amount for each weapon? I saw one earlier, but i can't find it anymore.

2 hours ago, ThePugman said:

The whole reason why it didn’t seem to be an issue months ago, is because persistence was fucked. Bases, stashes, tents, etc used to despawn all the time, including all the top tier weapons inside. Now they have fixed persistence and we can all see how flawed the current system for high-end weapons is.

I don’t mind the fact that these are rare, but I don’t think they should count the ones that are buried.

Perhaps they need to increase the despawn time... Or have wolves howl and dig around stashes.

They need to do something though. Stashes are an amazing mechanic, but they are a little bit OP.

You're right, stashed items should not count towards the total items allowed on a server. People have this fantasy that duping is the main problem.  Couldn't be more incorrect. You have players that rush the map after a fresh wipe and gather up all the guns and bury them. Now guess what, a ton of weapons are buried which will  not respawn and it had absolutely nothing to do with duping. You also have people with these weapons that join new servers. Add those guns too.

1 hour ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Now guess what, a ton of weapons are buried which will  not respawn and it had absolutely nothing to do with duping. You also have people with these weapons that join new servers. Add those guns too.

What is despawn time for burried loot?

Isn't loot on characters not counted on a serveur CLE when this player is not on the server (or switch to another)?

1 hour ago, S.Kaneda said:

What is despawn time for burried loot?

Isn't loot on characters not counted on a serveur CLE when this player is not on the server (or switch to another)?

Last I read was 50 days or so but I dont know. All loot on a player, in stash, and on ground are counted towards the loot limit. It's a flawed system overall and needs to be fixed. 

6 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

This amount is the same no matter server slots (for privates ones)?

Do you have a link showing amount for each weapon? I saw one earlier, but i can't find it anymore.

I believe it’s the same no matter the number of slots.

x2NVlgc.png

These are 1.04 values. Bear in mind, numbers are likely to be reduced when new weapons are added.

Edited by ThePugman
  • Thanks 1

Just make it so buried stashes degrade over time so people can't just bury loads of stuff and forget about it for ages.

• Beans 1

I was  playing on a private server.  Everyone has got bored of it and there's often no one on. 

I often go onto the server to practice sniping zeds or using the gun range at tisy 

However due to hoarding there isnt any military weapons at all. Given my guy is in tisy I often run around to see if I can find any decent guns to play around the range with. Been doing that once a day for a week and there is nothing spawning.

My theory is the week this server launched a guy on the facebook was advertising "gun crates" for trade. He insisted they were legitimately looted guns but the number of them seemed to suggest he was duping. Either way it looks like the guy has left the server and there's a big underground mountain of stashed gear somewhere and with only 2 people on a day these will rot for 45 days.

The counting guns in storage thing has gone to help with the wooden creditable crates 

On 9/21/2019 at 11:51 PM, ThePugman said:

I believe it’s the same no matter the number of slots. These are 1.04 values. Bear in mind, numbers are likely to be reduced when new weapons are added.

On PC . .. . I doubt its any different for consoles

the types file doesnt care about the number of slots the server has ... . My server has 30 slots and has the same types file as a 60 slot server  .. .

numbers havent changed from 1.03 .  .. 

I can load in the 1.05 types file data later . . . I will show 1.03 1.04 and 1.05 together

Edited by aux7
  • Beans 1

It's a drastic change, and a shame to see that the devs are limiting our ability especially when we are paying for the service as it states "unrestricted access to gamefiles."

Yet, here we are approaching 1.05 update next, and to learn that Tier4 firearms will now be further limited by the count_in system is ridiculous. We want adjustments to enjoy the game the way we enjoy it, this is not sharing alike when we are limited from the same ability when it is something as simple as allowing us to alter/adjust value inputs on Types.  We aren't asking for full reign... just a little love and what we were led to believe we would have upon rental of the service. 🙏

On 9/21/2019 at 11:51 PM, ThePugman said:

I believe it’s the same no matter the number of slots. These are 1.04 values. Bear in mind, numbers are likely to be reduced when new weapons are added.

types 1.03 weapons

pqSQ93E.png

types 1.04 weapons

uNjXBl6.png

types 1.05 weapons

bDQd8lW.png

• Thanks 1

@ThePugman

ThePugman said:  huh, that’s really surprising. I wonder if they had the same numbers in .63 when there were so few guns.

I dont have any files pre 1.03

Do you have the info for NVG?

yep, see below.

Ngi6lNK.png

• Thanks 1

It's a combination of wooden crates and hoarders.

Post wipe for about a day people assualt rifles were lootable. After a few days people began mass crafting crates looting mil bases over and over hiding every thing . Some of these guys netted a dozen or so Ars which is approx a third of the global map count.

Before that, bar dry bags, you had to either keep your Ar on your person or leave it in a tent or barrell which is easily found, less so a pile of dirt in the middle of deep forest under a bush.

With the addition of wooden crates the affect of buried items on item numbers needs to go. 

To make matters worse I know lots of people who stashed huge numbers of guns in remote locations who haven't played in weeks. All their buried guns are in limbo now for nearly 2 months.

Finnally, the rarity of Ars mean you are guaranteed to be shot on site by others seeking these guns as they can't be sought by looting. This means players will hide them in storage to prevent being Kosed or simply kill everyone they see out of self preservation/gear fear.

TlDR  Assualt rifle count in storage needs to go

I would love to see two things happen. If guns can be burried, then the limit on a server needs to go. I know this prevents lag issues as people will just stash them. But what if you couldn't burry guns? Maybe guns can only be stored in tents and barrells. That means people can come across them a little easier.

Right now they lack of guns keeps people PvP'ing on the coast and the chances of Kos'ing at 90% chance.

I've noticed people using alt accounts to make bases impenetrable and stashing so much in them as well. The only way to get in is to own that account. This changes the loot economy drastically. 

Play the game! not all is supposed to have high tier guns! cant find an ar in a spawn site! all are in use. Find an other way to get an ar if you must have one to play the game! Rob someone, kill someone, trade with some one or just go out and find some burried gems :). Its an open world! play like it.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:06 PM, aux7 said:

bDQd8lW.png

THX for sharing.

They removed CZ75? Replaced by glock and MK2?

Lmfao it's pretty pathetic that I have crates and crates of AR mags and attachments but can't find a single AR since the last update.  I guess everyone pre infection had about 15,000 mags and attachments each.  Totally realistic.  Way to improve the game.  Can't wait to go fight a fkn AKM with a break barrel, because BI is incompetent...