Djyoz

Clown masks?

Morning all

Anyone know what happened to the clown masks? 

They gone from the game? 

I believe there was a copyright issue with, could be wrong though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bandito6000 said:

We definitely could use some new bandit masks

Shame we can't craft burlap sacks into head scarves or something. Maybe use other clothing as well.

• Like 2

I think being able to MOD the balaclava as well would be good like using the sewing kit to sew the mouth space closed or sew burlap strips to it etc

On 9/19/2019 at 5:31 AM, Djyoz said:

we need mods dude mmmmmmmods

Never gunna happen, it’s not PC.

3 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

Never gunna happen, it’s not PC.

I'd never say never. I'd say very unlikely but I also think it could be implemented by having selected mods available in a similar fashion to skyrim and other games. But yes, unlikely. 

I think the best we will get is some kind of server-tools for the private servers.

That might open up some new options for gameplay and fun possibilities - but mods are 99.999999% not coming to DayZ on the Xbone - that is a no-go with Microsofts closed system (the only games that have gotten it in are _stricly_ single-player, like Skyrim and Fallout 4).

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2019 at 3:35 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'd never say never. I'd say very unlikely but I also think it could be implemented by having selected mods available in a similar fashion to skyrim and other games. But yes, unlikely. 

Skyrim is SP tho, so modding a single player experience is fine. Multiplayer is a whole other ball of wax, modding leads to exploits, which leads to cheating thru mods. Mods would also have to be implemented to all players so the mod works correctly, like I could add a car to the game, but if you don’t have the 3d files on your machine but I do you won’t see it, so there’s compatibility/implementation headaches.

Additionally, MS would have to approve everything, the game has too many issues that needs to be fixed and applying mods could make bugs more apparent or create new ones. Lastly, Devs said they aren’t supporting mods and won’t be adding them so there’s that too.

For those reasons, that’s why I said never gunna happen.

9 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

For those reasons, that’s why I said never gunna happen.

Sure, probably right. I still think it could be done. If the owner of a private server applied a particular mod to the server you could only join that server if you also had the mods installed. Logistically straight forward. Can't think of any multiplayer games on xbox that have mods available so not sure about the technicalities. But as you say, will probably never happen. Personally I'm not too bothered about mods. I like vanilla game play on most games I play on. Nice to have the option though. 

Edit.. Minecraft! If someone had a texture pack or add-on applied to their realm you can't join without having it installed too. So it is possible in multiplayer but probably need to focus on getting a strong vanilla game with all the content before contemplating mods. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1