BodycountAU

Ps4 fans

Anybody else's ps4s sound like a jet engine after yesterday's hotfix? They've always been loud but after that hotfix they've become loud enough I can hear them through headphones, dayz is only game to do this. 

Yes, i have a PS4 and there is some games that do that. At this point PS4 is an old system and certain games push it to the limit hardware wise. Leave enough space so cool air can enter and hot air can leave. PS4 is loud and can get really hot.

Red dead redemption 2 does the same to the PS4, it depends on the game how intensive it is or how poorly optimised it is for the system.

I never hear my ps4 when its on, it could be my fan is busted or it just has a large space and decent ventilation but I don't know, the hotfix was just for disk usage but who knows. 

Mine did the same thing with DayZ. I bought one of those stands with two small cooling fans for the PS4 and since then maybe onces or twice it's been really loud. It helped alot.it was like 16 bucks on Amazon.

Edited by Guest

Since the update, sometimes DayZ completely locks up my playstation and the entire system requires a restart.   I'm really hoping the game isn't damaging my system.

9 hours ago, SkeetRage said:

Since the update, sometimes DayZ completely locks up my playstation and the entire system requires a restart.   I'm really hoping the game isn't damaging my system.

OG playstation? Friend of mine is having that problem, don't get it with my pro 

Guess I'll try that.  It'll probably make the game run a ton faster.  Or maybe I should just trade the POS in for a Pro, lol.