Stagman70

Stuck items in storage inventory

Has anybody experienced their loot stored in tents, barrels, etc. getting "stuck", and not being able to pick them up?  This has happened to me twice.....once in a tent, and once with a barrel.  This last go around, I swapped a NV scope with no batteries FOR one WITH a battery that I had in a barrel.  After the swap and before I was gonna log out, I decided that it would be best to log out with the OTHER NV scope, as I didn't want to take a chance of someone stumbling across our stash, and I wanted to give it to one of my buddies the next time we were on.  Long story short......the scope I swapped was NOW stuck in the barrel.  When this happened in our tent a couple of days ago, I was able to get previously stuck items out after the server reset.  Anyhoooo, I had a theory, so I tried it out.  I had two innocuous items, an apple in my hand, and 4 shotgun shells in the barrel.  I hit 'A' to swap, and they did.  After that, I could NOT take the apple back into my inventory or in my hand.  It's possible, then, in theory, that instead of swapping items, that if you DROP an item, then take an item out of your storage, put it in your inventory, THEN pick up the dropped item THEN place it back into the storage inventory that it may not happen.......again, in theory.  If that IS the case, albeit a HUGE inconvenience, at least you can take your items.  But, then again, I could be WAY OFF on my assumption.  So, like I asked, has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have you figured out HOW to fix it?

Yes everybody got this on tents/barrels i think.

Must wait for server reboot for it to unlock.

Edited by S.Kaneda

Yip, noticed this alot with barrels, sometimes the barrels show nothing in inventory and when it does, can't take anything from it, then sometimes the barrel can't be opened either.

THIS HAS BEEN TESTED AND CONFIRMED (by myself) - If you press 'A' to swap an item in your inventory with something in the inventory of a storage container (barrel, tent, etc), that item that you swapped CAN get "locked" into the storage container, and you will be unable to retrieve it. Logging out then back in did NOT fix it. You CAN, however, retrieve that item after a server reset. In an post yesterday, I mentioned this issue and if anyone else has had the same problem. I tested that theory by attempting to swap an apple from MY inventory with some shotgun shells that were in a barrel. After I swapped, I could not retrieve the apple. I then swapped the shotgun shells, which were now in my hands, with a roll of duct tape from the barrel. Now I had the duct tape in my hands, but NOW the shot shells AND the apple were "locked". After the server reset last night, I went back to the barrel, and I was able to retrieve the apple and the shells. So, until this bug gets fixed, I would suggest that you PLACE items into whatever container, THEN pick up whatever you need, and avoid "swapping" items.

On 8/31/2019 at 1:52 AM, S.Kaneda said:

Yes everybody got this on tents/barrels i think.

Must wait for server reboot for it to unlock.

You dont have to wait for server reset to unlock. Log out then back into the game and the loot bug is fixed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TahoeBeast said:

You dont have to wait for server reset to unlock. Log out then back into the game and the loot bug is fixed. 

I've done that.  That doesn't always work.  But, the server I play on resets every 12 hours, so it's not that big of a deal.

Edited by Stagman70

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

I've done that.  That doesn't always work.

Always worked for my crew and i.

6 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

Always worked for my crew and i.

Hit and miss for us.  Sometimes logging out and in would work.  Sometimes I would be able to take the item, but if I drop it, my crew can't see it, and vice-versa.  It DOES need to get fixed, tho.  The method I stated above DOES work tho.  An inconvenience?  Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

An inconvenience?  Absolutely.

For sure...

And if that was the only bug...

Edited by S.Kaneda

On 9/3/2019 at 5:34 AM, S.Kaneda said:

For sure...

And if that was the only bug...

For instance, right now I have a CR527 mag in a barrel, and I want the rounds in it for my AK.  I cannot get it out, even after 3 server restarts and numerous log out/log ins.  

On 9/4/2019 at 6:37 AM, Stagman70 said:

For instance, right now I have a CR527 mag in a barrel, and I want the rounds in it for my AK.  I cannot get it out, even after 3 server restarts and numerous log out/log ins.  

Silly question but have you tried highlighting the item and holding "X" to drop from the barrel?  I've had success with that method