ShallowTech

Vehicle persistance?

My cousin and I rented a server to play around with vehicles, crafting, guns, etc. We had not used the car for a number of days but it was fully repaired and had gear in it. Do cars despawn if they are not used for a specific amount of time or did it get stolen?

They do despawn after a period of time that is set in the types.xml depending on the vehicle. They seem to have varying times for some odd reason unless altered via an Admin.

I had a vehicle for over 4 months before server wipe. The only thing that despawned was the doors hood and hatch and radiator basically everything I left on it a d the gear despawned out the back too. But the car it self stayed there for 4 months. As I understand they only despawn if they get destroyed. 

Just trying to figure it out, if I need to get in and drive it a couple times a week, no problem... I just did not realize that they would all together disappear if not being used.

1 hour ago, ShallowTech said:

Just trying to figure it out, if I need to get in and drive it a couple times a week, no problem... I just did not realize that they would all together disappear if not being used.

Might have been taken.

We've had good luck keeping cars persistent, but you must interact with them regularly, take an item out put another item in, start it up and drive it around a little.  This goes the same for generators and construction lights, you must interact with them once in a while otherwise they will despawn...found that out the hard way! or should i say the Dayz way lol.  Oh and keep the cars ready to run, don't remove any engine parts like the rad or spark plug or they will disappear.