WOLVERlNES

Motor Oil

I think so, fixed a Ada up last night filled everything up exept the oil got about 2 miles down the road and the got a red warning light on the dash, car would not start, full radiator and fuel tank..... So I am guessing it was lack of oil! 

Oil is uesless, you can't fill it in afaik (never worked for me and we fixed about 8 cars after 1.04).

@Neutral Buoyancy

You probably don't know how to drive your car correctly, we never used motor oil and we drove around the whole map with one car (until LAGFREEZE destroyed it again)...

I recall oil being tricky to put in. I think I used to have to stand on the engine to do it, or was it water, I can't remember now! Anyway, I think I remember someone else saying that oil was bugged and not required currently. 

I think what @SillyJoe might be referring to is that if you over rev the engine so that the rev counter goes into the red, that can damage the engine quite quickly. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

engine oil is not used right now. Previously, it worked only on NIVA (ADA). It was a long time ago.

8 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Oil is uesless, you can't fill it in afaik (never worked for me and we fixed about 8 cars after 1.04).

@Neutral Buoyancy

You probably don't know how to drive your car correctly, we never used motor oil and we drove around the whole map with one car (until LAGFREEZE destroyed it again)...

Thx Joe, am fully aware how changing gear incorrectly and over revving the gas can damage the engine, had read somewhere recently that u could now add engine oil and u indeed can as I had put 1 bottle in the Ada before I set out, With the lack of clear info from BI it's easy for misunderstandings to happen I mean you PROBABLY didn't mean to sound like a condescending prick! But that's how you came off..... Thx again 

• Beans 1

You can put oil in just have to find sweet spot think it close to the side mirrors 

12 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I recall oil being tricky to put in. I think I used to have to stand on the engine to do it, or was it water, I can't remember now! Anyway, I think I remember someone else saying that oil was bugged and not required currently. 

I think what @SillyJoe might be referring to is that if you over rev the engine so that the rev counter goes into the red, that can damage the engine quite quickly. 

You cant put oil in this patch

3 hours ago, Rex79 said:

You can put oil in just have to find sweet spot think it close to the side mirrors 

Yeah I had to stand on the front left of the engine bay to get the action to add the oil! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rex79 said:

I'll try this today (if our car doesn't launch in the air again)...

Btw, can you xbox guys can confirm that you don't get those freezelags anymore while driving with 1.04 (I'm on PS4)?

15 hours ago, Neutral Buoyancy said:

With the lack of clear info from BI it's easy for misunderstandings to happen I mean you PROBABLY didn't mean to sound like a condescending prick! But that's how you came off..... Thx again 

That wasn't my intention... 😉 Another thing to mention is that you always need to FULLY fill up the radiator before driving.

BTW, the arrow of the water status is also buggy (it shows full when it's empty and empty when it's full). I don't know how the devs can mess up things like that...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

.BTW, the arrow of the water status is also buggy (it shows full when it's empty and empty when it's full). I don't know how the devs can mess up things like that...

The arrow doesn’t refer to the amount of water, it refers to the temperature of the radiator.

Also, don’t worry about motor oil, it’s currently useless.

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

The arrow doesn’t refer to the amount of water, it refers to the temperature of the radiator.

Oh okay, you sure about that? I could swear that it was different in 1.02.

I'm driving a ADA in an empty FPP server atm and haven't encounterd any Freezlag for now. Just a few smallish lags which are completly fine. I wonder if the freezelags are serverside or clientside related.

I just love to drive around in DayZ 🙂

4 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Oh okay, you sure about that? I could swear that it was different in 1.02.

I'm driving a ADA in an empty FPP server atm and haven't encounterd any Freezlag for now. Just a few smallish lags which are completly fine. I wonder if the freezelags are serverside or clientside related.

I just love to drive around in DayZ 🙂

I can't remember either

Also only driven a car once since 1.04 and so far so good. As I stated elsewhere, that was a high pop official server. 

I really enjoy the challenge of getting the cars up and running. It's a fun objective. But generally I don't bother because you can guarantee someone will find it and pinch it between sessions! 

The last car I had lasted about a week. I had a remote shed I used to lock it in and would strip every part off it and bury in chests nearby but it still got pinched eventually! Good times though 😎

• Like 1

Hehe, I love cars too. 🙂

Usually it's enough to strip the battery and the spark plug off and park it somewhere safe and hidden. I swear our first car would still be up and running if the Freezelag didn't destroy it as we keep care of our cars...

We had about 9-10 cars in 1.04 yet and most of them got crashed via freezlag and two of them launched in the air and our whole squad died in the progress.

I guess you xbox guys don't have the problem with freezlags like we have at PS4. Must be nice to be on xbox for driving around in DayZ... 😭

30 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Hehe, I love cars too. 🙂

Usually it's enough to strip the battery and the spark plug off and park it somewhere safe and hidden. I swear our first car would still be up and running if the Freezelag didn't destroy it as we keep care of our cars...

We had about 9-10 cars in 1.04 yet and most of them got crashed via freezlag and two of them launched in the air and our whole squad died in the progress.

I guess you xbox guys don't have the problem with freezlags like we have at PS4. Must be nice to be on xbox for driving around in DayZ... 😭

Aside from cars, what's the general frame rate like on Playstation? I know that pre 1.04 there were some complaints but since 1.04 so far, for me, frame rates have been really good. I've played mostly on official High pop but also had a couple of hours on @Man Parts 241 server. There were only a couple of people on but it seemed fine too. 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Aside from cars, what's the general frame rate like on Playstation? I know that pre 1.04 there were some complaints but since 1.04 so far, for me, frame rates have been really good. I've played mostly on official High pop but also had a couple of hours on @Man Parts 241 server. There were only a couple of people on but it seemed fine too. 

FPS is better than with 1.02, espcially during gunfights. Still lags sometimes in big citys or when there are like 10 people shooting close by but 1.04 was imho a big improvement framerate wise...

High pop servers (espcially custom ones with high ammount of slots) can be a real pain tho (lag, rubber banding, driving impossible and lot of item bugs). Hopefully they will improve the performance for the high pop custom servers with the next update/hotfix.

1 hour ago, SillyJoe said:

FPS is better than with 1.02, espcially during gunfights. Still lags sometimes in big citys or when there are like 10 people shooting close by but 1.04 was imho a big improvement framerate wise...

High pop servers (espcially custom ones with high ammount of slots) can be a real pain tho (lag, rubber banding, driving impossible and lot of item bugs). Hopefully they will improve the performance for the high pop custom servers with the next update/hotfix.

To be fair to the devs, they only recommend 60 slot servers. 100 slot servers aren’t even that good on PC, let alone console.

I’m sure it’s something they will improve, though. Performance is one of their top priorities.

6 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

There's more. Were just scattered all over the world so it's rare to see everyone on at the same time. Got a meet planned for Saturday if you're interested in joining. 

9 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

There's more. Were just scattered all over the world so it's rare to see everyone on at the same time. Got a meet planned for Saturday if you're interested in joining. 

Sounds good. I'm out doing a bit of real fell walking tomorrow so will be on in the evening. What time you all meeting up? I've just come off the server and currently just outside pavlovo mil base. 

• Like 1