incogniko

Dayz Dupe Fix Suggestion

I have put thought into how duping can be mitigated. After playing since launch i have noticed that people by nature want to dupe the best stuff (mainly weapons) my proposed solution is to make it so any Rifle (M4/MOSIN/AK... ETC) prohibit people from putting these things in any container. have it so these weapons can only be picked up and placed on the shoulders - no backpack, tent, sea chest. that should allow the spawning of the weapons to still be organic and not be counted against as it would only be on players.

The way I understand it at the moment ( I may be wrong) Is that duping can only happen upon a server restart. Get rid of the server restart messages so people can't prepare for the duping and this in turn would get rid of the duping.

I certainly haven't seen any methods pop up on YT nor any Kids on FB running around with matching, duped outfits apart from this way so I assumed it had been patched successfully. 

As I say, I could be wrong however and the cheaters could have found a way.

3 minutes ago, greggyt said:

The way I understand it at the moment ( I may be wrong) Is that duping can only happen upon a server restart. Get rid of the server restart messages so people can't prepare for the duping and this in turn would get rid of the duping.

I certainly haven't seen any methods pop up on YT nor any Kids on FB running around with matching, duped outfits apart from this way so I assumed it had been patched successfully. 

I will agree with you, but it can also happen if the game kicks you too. In my opinion I don't think they will get rid of the restart because it helps the spawning of items. No restart would me very few items.

The problem is, it’s actually helpful for legitimate players to plan for restarts. For example, if the server restarts in 2 minutes, is it really worth getting into a firefight? Plus car drivers, can pull over, so they don’t get separated from their vehicle.

2 hours ago, greggyt said:

Yes this is exactly how the vermin are doing it. I think it's a great suggestion to remove the server countdown

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

The problem is, it’s actually helpful for legitimate players to plan for restarts. For example, if the server restarts in 2 minutes, is it really worth getting into a firefight? Plus car drivers, can pull over, so they don’t get separated from their vehicle.

Omg this, last night i was driving i was entering kamiwobo, i got a no message received, i got rolled back to berezino and my car stayed in kami, thankfully i managed to get there, and kill the guy i found looting it 

• Haha 2

@Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig If it happens inland, you’re usually alright. I’ve never had it happen on the coast, though. Imagine spawning in and finding a fully working car... Can’t believe the moron didn’t drive it away!

Before update when duping was really bad you didnt have to wait for a server reset. The problem is in how a player can invite a friend through xbox live and join games/ servers. You most definitely did not have to wait for a server reset to dupe. Why are you still even worried about it? I dont believe there has been any confirmed reports on duping ATM. Back in the day on PC is when you had to wait for a reset. 

Edited by TahoeBeast
Typo

5 minutes ago, TahoeBeast said:

I dont believe there has been any confirmed

I can confirm, I did it twice by accident. I won't say how but I've reported it. 

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I can confirm, I did it twice by accident. I won't say how but I've reported it. 

Good, keep that on the DL. 

4 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig If it happens inland, you’re usually alright. I’ve never had it happen on the coast, though. Imagine spawning in and finding a fully working car... Can’t believe the moron didn’t drive it away!

Riight? If i was him id take it THEN loot it, but instead i caught him looting it, blew him away with an Ak, he only had a mosin and a pistol lmao

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Accidental duping has always been a thing. Fortunately, it’s too much of a ballache for the masses to recreate.

55 minutes ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Riight? If i was him id take it THEN loot it, but instead i caught him looting it, blew him away with an Ak, he only had a mosin and a pistol lmao

Haha, nice. But never underestimate the Mosin. That shit will one-tap you all day long.