Sign in to follow this  
rickyriot

Honest question, will we ever get proper inventory management?

*** EDIT: Ok, so after re-reading this, I should apologise, I'm not really one for ranting but.. by God, I go to town here. It's a valid point I'm making so I'll just leave it unedited but I accept I've been heavy on the salt! ***

...or am I just pissing in the wind due to Bohemia dropping DayZ like a stone?

I posted a while back I wasn't going to continue playing because of two reasons; shit wasn't included, shit wasn't fixed. After being given a key for SG and not being able to connect I decided to drop into a vanilla server.

How stupid was I though, because ONCE AGAIN despite having enough room to store all my shit the game's fucking retarded logic decides to take something from a "good" location and place it into a "really mother fucking stupid one" blocking any changes of weapon. It is amazing how particularly retarded this logic is, it seems to find the most awkward combination possible and run with it. Leaving you fuck all to do but throw countless shit on the ground as you desperately try to fight off PvP/PvZ then having to go into your inventory and manually drag shit around. Seriously, just what the fuck is the point of the fucking quickbar if it is anything but fucking quick.

Do I sound like I'm ranting? You fucking bet I am, I am just fucking fed up having to put up with something that hasn't been fit for fucking purpose for fucking years. I very very rarely drop to such aggressive obscenities, but for the fucking love of Christ will someone just please fucking fix this fucking mess. I'm not asking for a lot, just a simple fucking routine that stores where an item came from in your inventory so when you take it out of your hands it places it BACK IN THE SAME FUCKING PLACE. If anything it's almost as if it's more difficult to fucking make it like it is now than the way I suggest.

</rant>

Edited by rickyriot
  • Beans 1

This issue has been resolved internally and will be resolved on Steam in the future.

Well, future is pretty far fetched, but lets hope for the best.

My story is pretty similar. Haven't played for quite some time, registered for SGZ just for the sake of it and the good memories. Vanilla still screams "unfinished" and looking at the recent status report, things aint going to change soon. Its just sad...so many hopes for the game, smashed over and over again.

• Beans 1

30 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Is this reported issue the same as the one you are mentioning in your post?

To an extent, but in short yes. However that was raised nearly a year ago for the .6x version of the game and marked as closed and resolved. It was most definitely not resolved, it's a problem that has hampered DayZ for years now, the idea someone "resolved" that is fucking laughable. More like they dropped it because .6x was being dropped in favour for 1.x

33 minutes ago, amadieus said:

The reported issue in the link should be fixed with 1.05 or so. 😃

Yeah, sure it will. All that says is "This issue has been resolved internally and will be resolved on Steam in the future." that doesn't say 1.05, that's just open ended bullshit.

I think you have to ask on twitter

the lights are on in the garage but there's no one home

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

I think you have to ask on twitter

the lights are on in the garage but there's no one home

I don't use Twitter because I'm not a self obsessed cunt.

I'm also a misanthrope. I have no time for other people's vacuous and inane bullshit.

• Beans 2

^ 

correct, true, straightforward - 100% on that

p.s. :   https://www.glassdoor.fr/Avis/Bohemia-Interactive-Avis-E689010.htm

( if you don't want to sign up to G.D. - when they end the 'sample' go into your browser and wipe their cookies, then go on reading .. and repeat .. )

Edited by pilgrim*

Regarding twatter...new day same shit...veterans will remember how pissed everybody was about Dean posting and answering on reddit only back in the days. Maybe the next devs in charge will prefer Instagram....who knows...same chance that we will see a Nintendo port instead of getting a propper working PC version xD

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, rickyriot said:

Dans Francais? Non mon ami, non... 😉

The long comments from the staff who work/worked at BI are all in English, in fact.. there are three full pages of them - worth reading .. won't cheer you up.

Edited by pilgrim*
~

3 hours ago, rickyriot said:

To an extent, but in short yes. However that was raised nearly a year ago for the .6x version of the game and marked as closed and resolved. It was most definitely not resolved, it's a problem that has hampered DayZ for years now, the idea someone "resolved" that is fucking laughable. More like they dropped it because .6x was being dropped in favour for 1.x

Yeah, sure it will. All that says is "This issue has been resolved internally and will be resolved on Steam in the future." that doesn't say 1.05, that's just open ended bullshit.

Well it was put on resolved only on the 29th of July, so we can only know if it is actually fixed when it is actually deployed within a patch.

I know it does not say 1.05 but from past experiences, when something is fixed it usually is part of the next patch, even though it says ''in the future''. 

Anyhow, just passing the message. 😉

Edited by amadieus

4 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Well it was put on resolved only on the 29th of July, so we can only know if it is actually fixed when it is actually deployed within a patch.

This is a problem that has existed within DayZ since the start. To suggest it's a new problem and been resolved quickly is a tad disingenuous. It was supposedly fixed for .6x a year ago and wasn't despite it claiming to be resolved and closed. With that in mind, the bottom line is I simply don't trust Bohemia to sort it out.

I believe the devs would be willing to give it a shot... if resources and money was put towards it. That's not the case any more though.