ImpulZ

Console Update 1.04

me and everyone i was playing with were randomly kicked for server reset on official servers and now we cant join any server other then community servers for no given reason just says "CONNECTING FAILED - and unknown error has occurred" 

I’m one of the biggest supporters of this game, and played PS4 1.04 today to test the update. I had fun with a couple of randoms for several hours. I have to say though, the performance was awful. I can handle the odd frame drops, it still happens on PC. But the rendering on the original PS4 is so bad. Blocky textures galore. If you use ‘eye zoom’ the FPS drops to such low levels.

Also, the controls. I assume that NVG doesn’t work because you haven’t mapped the ‘L’ button yet. I doubt many would mind if you changed the controls again. Basic things like leaning and shooting are awkward. Not to mention ‘alt-looking’ and ‘eye zoom’ at the same time (something I’ve ALWAYS associated with DayZ).... have you tried doing this on console? It’s so cumbersome that it’s really not worth it. Also, you cannot seem to drop items with the press of a button... I presume it was removed for throwing? Speaking of which, entering the throw-stance accidentally when you open a door seems to be a common problem. There really don’t seem to be enough buttons on console. Then again, perhaps I’m just a moaning PC twat.

I’m always willing to give the benefit of the doubt though. Your last status report promised balancing, bug fixes, further optimisation, and I am hopeful you will deliver. 

Edited by ThePugman

Hold X to drop item in hand doesn't work anymore.

Also wish they would add "movement while using quickslot"

Console version.

Why do i have to sit in a god damn queue every time even when the server im joining is only a medium population? This is retarded😡

Edited by Scooter2shoes

Why did you take away the drop item feature (hold x)? It still works while in inventory but thats it. Why would you change that, did anybody even remotely ask for that, was it unintended? Wtf BI??

Ohhhh another thing. Why did you change the freelook zoom? Its now a pain in the ass to be looking around in free look then try to zoom in on something and zoom back out without my camera recentering. Before it was double tap LB, and you could hold it feom there to free look around while zoomed in, then again double tap to zoom out and hold!to remain in free look at what you were looking at. Now you have to triple tap and hold to zoom in and freelook and its harder to keep on target.

Who even tests your updates? Have they ever played the game previous to the update to be able to acknowledge unintended changes? Do you need testers? Me and my guys are down to test things out for you! 😂

1 hour ago, Scooter2shoes said:

Who even tests your updates? Have they ever played the game previous to the update to be able to acknowledge unintended changes? Do you need testers? Me and my guys are down to test things out for you! 😂

That is why i Delete this Buggy piece of Software after the Update yesterday.

They just seem overwhelmed and have apparently learned nothing in recent years.

@Scooter2shoes  You make SOME valid points, but 4 continuous posts? Seriously man? When were console spawning in with drink, I knew about the knife, but a drink also?.

On PC, we have been spawning in with rags, fruit and a flare since 1.0. This is the intended way. It’s supposed to be a hardcore game.

I have to also reiterate what someone mentioned above @ImpulZ Why can’t you move when accessing the ‘item-wheel’ or walk in the inventory like on PC? Use the D-pad to select items, and keep the analogue stick for player movement, I’m sure most would prefer that. It’s so clunky to have to stand still in order to change weapons, etc. I imagine most people would prefer to keep their guns out, for quickness. This is another barrier preventing good console interactions.

Don't even get me started on the Party system, but we can blame the consoles for that crap.

• Like 1

So many items you cannot pick up. I killed a guy at Balota, I couldn’t loot half of his inventory. The only reason I even got into a fight was because I was out in the open trying to pick up 2 pistols, I’d dropped. After killing him, I try to pick up the pistols again. Can’t do it. I decide to log. I didn’t make a note of the server number because I assumed pressing ‘play’ would return you to the previous server like on PC. No luck! There’s not even a ‘previously played’ option. So now I’m going through all the damn servers waiting to see which one doesn’t have the ‘server hopping’ message. Bit of a pain in the arse when it only appears after the queue.

You introduce the server hopping mechanic, but don’t make it easy for people to find out the previously played server. I know I should have checked before I went in, but it doesn’t always happen. I played it on Xbox game preview in December, and the ‘previously played’ option was there. What happened to it?

After finally getting back in the server, it turns out that the pistols I was trying to pick up, were already on me. Yet, they were still on the ground in front of me (still not possible to pick up). There were many problems with invisible loot, for the people I was playing with last night. I would drop items for people, but they couldn’t see them. I’m guessing it’s part of the same bug.

I will file a bug report, but this was a very frustrating issue this morning.

and yes @Scooter2shoes  I’m also now posting back to back posts... 😂

Edited by ThePugman
  • Haha 1

I was so happy to try out the NVG's because I feel they are essential if u want to stay on your home server and play at night without exposing yourself with a road flair or any other source of light.

- So why don't they add a activate option in the inventory for the NVG's? Cmon it can't be that difficult to implement this for console. Pls release a hotfix for this issue asap!

I'm also having problems with most of the scopes (battery ones). The only scope that seem to work correctly is the cobra scope for the KN. The RVN, Combat and the new Baraka sight doesn't work for me (no red dot showing up when puting a battery inside).

10 hours ago, Scooter2shoes said:

Why did you take away the drop item feature (hold x)? It still works while in inventory but thats it. Why would you change that, did anybody even remotely ask for that, was it unintended? Wtf BI??

I don't understand this as well... Was a nice and usefull feature imho!

You introduce the server hopping mechanic, but don’t make it easy for people to find out the previously played server. I know I should have checked before I went in, but it doesn’t always happen. I played it on Xbox game preview in December, and the ‘previously played’ option was there. What happened to it?

It's a shame that there is no "previously played tab" at the server list. That's why I always favorite the server that I'm about to join.

At least the fixed the favorite tab, so the servers don't get removed from the list after a server restart.

@DayZ/BI

Please don't let us wait 2 month again for a hotfix or Update. We need working NVG's and working sights. Btw, nice main Menu music :)

4 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Yeah, that's not good at all.. I was disconnected from server (idk maybe internet issues), but when I was joining this server, I only hit X button on some random server, didn't care about number.. I was there like for 2 hours, trying repair car, almost have every piece and than this happen. It takes 30 minutes until I find that server, coz waiting in queues..

7 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Why can’t you move when accessing the ‘item-wheel’ or walk in the inventory like on PC?

I don't get it, most of the game have this.. In current state this is not a QUICK ACCESS WHEEL! 

Now when somebody asking for some food, you probably get shoot while in inventory.. 

Edited by TheDrifT3r_Cz

I feel ur pain I have posted about quick inventory and being able to move y in it and when in main menu we should still be able to move still like u can in pc but they haven’t done anything about it yet also I was checking out my sever last night making sure messages are coming up (turned off off as of laggfgff) and I have found out the base server my sever is running from is 33miles away from me (uk) I have fibre optics internet pay top dollar 75mg download 15mb uploads yet the rending on my pro is worse than being in a duped server 4days ago the lag is so bad it’s unplayable really and I’ve paid hard earned money for it it’s a shit port over to begin with.. us ps users are a cash cow sold more copy’s than Xbox with many months headstart hope they will hot fix it quickly and update performance as well :):):): 

The official servers are very "unstable" atm. They randomly go down and server list give "Error Code 9" lot of the time...

I kinda regret that I bought this game for 50eur and I feel like that BI scammed me and everyone else on consoles! The game got alot of potential but with this slow and weird development it's not even worth 15eur atm (imho)!

95% of my friends allready quitted the game because it's so frustrating.... 😞

Edit: My home server UK8633 is completly gone now and it doesn't seem that it will come back... Nice one, I was working on a car and now I have to spawn at a random location on another server and lost my progress with the car. Well done BI, great Update, great server performance!

Edited by SillyJoe
  • Like 1

I've noticed a few issues, That you have addressed and others aren't known I guess. 

Like I skimmed through the patch notes so  I played this game for about 12 hours yesterday and encountered tons of old bugs and some new bugs. 

1. Items disappearing in the inventory entirely being hidden or bugged. (example: I picked up a jerrycan as a joke and it took down my stamina so much, so I dropped it  on my screen but in my actually inventory it was still there somewhere, I dropped all my stuff and it was still in my inventory some how, so I Relog and it appears in my inventory along with a bunch of other stuff in my inventory that went missing) Cooking pots would keep disappearing as well. 

2. Things that were looted by others were still showing up on the ground and in pockets and certain items dropped by others wasn't being shown. 

3. Couldn't see light source of one of my encounters, He had to relog and his light showed up for me afterwards. 

4. I had magazines bugging out , So bad that I threw them away and when I would relog they would come back and work for how ever long. 
5. FPS in some places is still really bad mainly cities. The Fps dips to almost unplayable levels especially if someone has a fully automatic, you are doomed. 

6. You can't just drop items by holding the old drop button which was Square on ps4. Which I hope you guys fix. 

7. You addressed this in the patch notes but I think it needs a fix asap too because its so important to the health of the game and combat, I found nvg and I cannot use it mounted
because obviously theres no button too. I understand working with a controller set up might be hard but someone can figure it out with nvg you double tap something or something
right now you can look through it in your hands but you can't use it effectively that way. 

I also like that you got rid of the stone knife and soda, It a survival game. It makes much more focused on survival and people don't just sprint forever, they actually have to play the game now. 

not showing all private servers,i see only one page and not our server (private). there is - error code:9  where number of servers

this update is tragedy for me,play two hours yesturday and have manny bugs (reported on first page here)

today play half hour,zombie hit me hard and canot bandage my character. 7 times use rags (priscine) and still bleeding.now cannot enjoy to server (private) becose dont see him.on nitrado page server running. xbox lobby - error code:9

i play this game from mod in 2012,standalone 2013 every year,now xbox,total 4k+ hours,no remember to manny critical bugs in one update and this is version 1.4? you guys must start comunicated with us and please fix this critical bugs ASAP

edit: screen error code 9 https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/jedimfp/screenshot/12697935

Edited by jedimfp

11 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@Scooter2shoes  You make SOME valid points, but 4 continuous posts? Seriously man? When were console spawning in with drink, I knew about the knife, but a drink also?.

Haha, yeahhhh..... was a bit cranky lastnight as i got called in to work on my day off and it just so happened to be the day of the update, then after dying due to the quick drop item change and sitting in queue again i had some time, and things only came to me one at a time! Was right proper worked up about one thing then i would post a complaint about it and feel a little better, only for something else to pop up!

Its okay, rant over!! 😤

Oh and ive only been playing a few months, but prior to this update we were spawning with a soda, some rags, a peice of fruit and a stone knife.

Edited by Scooter2shoes

15 hours ago, Scooter2shoes said:

Why did you remove the soda and stone knife from freshly spawned charecters?

Hopefully it will stay that way too. In fact I'd prefer to spawn with nothing. Or maybe one random basic item? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDrifT3r_Cz said:

Still freezing.. 

FFS, useless devs/company. What a fail patch! How can you devs not fix these issues?! Are you even testing your game on the console platform?

43 minutes ago, RoastedWafflez said:

I wish that they would add mouse and keyboard support already 

I wish guys like you would switch to pc and not ask for mouse and keyboard support on a console platform!