deviantdigi

That gun you really wanted? You found it? Well its gone!

Greetings,

Have you ever stumbled upon an epic weapon loot!? Perhaps an M107 50 cal!? Put it into your bag and POOF! Its gone!?!?!?

My GAWD! Fix the inventory bug that deletes all weapons if you don't have enough space. If I can't harvest wood because of inventory space, hence the well place text alert message. Than perhaps, hopefully one could incorporate that feature into weapons and gear aswell.

In the meantime, you may want to provide an inventory space requirement for each item here or on the wiki.

Poof it's gone! YouTube ($=Weapon :idea:):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFo-LKHGY0&feature=related

• Like 15

agreed, this happens to me and my friends all the time, also the items disappear when you place them on the ground

• Like 3

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% agree to this! This has to be one of the biggest gripes. I bite my tongue most of the time because I know it's an alpha but it really really does need fixing. I've lost so many items due to this bug.

PLEASE FIX!

• Like 5

learn how to use your inventory

Well eventually your kinda forced to learn. Or lose more gear due to the bug. Its an error and should be corrected regardless of dayz experience. Keep in mind suggestions are made to improve dayz.

• Like 2

learn how to use your inventory

Well eventually your kinda forced to learn. Or lose more gear due to the bug. Its an error and should be corrected regardless of dayz experience. Keep in mind suggestions are made to improve dayz.

Bug reports, not suggestions. Keep in mind this is game is in Alpha test (aka, before even Beta testing), so there's going to be bugs. Items disappearing is already a known issue, so it's a waste of time to "suggest" they fix something that's already on the to-do list.

• Like 1

Bug reports' date=' not suggestions. Keep in mind this is game is in Alpha test (aka, before even Beta testing), so there's going to be bugs. Items disappearing is already a known issue, so it's a waste of time to "suggest" they fix something that's already on the to-do list.

[/quote']

This. Also, it hasn't happened to me, I assume that this only happens in certain circumstances such as not enough space or something?

• Like 1

This. Also, it hasn't happened to me, I assume that this only happens in certain circumstances such as not enough space or something?

Say you have 2 spaces in your bag. If you attempt to put gear in your bag that requires 3+ spaces it deletes the item.

Yep, this is a HUGE BULLSHIT BUG.

Gear should NEVER disappear. It's crap.

Hopefully, this will be fixed at some point. I find it to be the most annoying bug in game, at the moment.

• Like 1

Bug reports' date=' not suggestions. Keep in mind this is game is in Alpha test (aka, before even Beta testing), so there's going to be bugs. Items disappearing is already a known issue, so it's a waste of time to "suggest" they fix something that's already on the to-do list.

[/quote']

Basically, if you try to cram something into a space that won't fit it, it vanishes into a black hole, never to be seen again. It's a known bug, so the devs are looking for a way to fix it.

For the time being. Its not a fix, but If your unsure about space requirement. Off load about 5 items from which storage your trying to put the new item in. I don't know all items space requirements but 5 seems safe.

Main weapons are ten slots. Sidearms are 5 slots.

• Like 1

I had a weird variant of this happen.

I have an SVD with NO ammo. I found an M4a1 CCO (I think)... I pick up the new gun, dropping the SVD.

In the woods, I shuffled my inventory to free 10 back pack slots. I head back in and swap the SVD for the other gun... But the other gun disappears... Not on the ground anywhere I still put the SVD in my pack so next time I won't have to do that shuffling.

I found another nice rifle later in the other barracks building.

Greetings' date='

Have you ever stumbled upon an epic weapon loot!? Perhaps an M107 50 cal!? Put it into your bag and POOF! Its gone!?!?!?

My GAWD! Fix the inventory bug that deletes all weapons if you don't have enough space. If I can't harvest wood because of inventory space, hence the well place text alert message. Than perhaps, hopefully one could incorporate that feature into weapons and gear aswell.

In the meantime, you may want to provide an inventory space requirement for each item here or on the wiki.

Poof it's gone! YouTube ($=Weapon :idea:):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFo-LKHGY0&feature=related

[/quote']

something even worse happened to me, i put a gun into a friends empty assault backpack, and then the ammo automatically came along... overwriting the gun :o

• Like 1

Lost an M24 due to this today. Went to switch primary weapons, it put it on the ground, I was able to pick it up, put it back in my bag, but when I logged off and came back, it was gone.....

• Like 1

What you guys need to remember is not that this is alpha, but this game is an alpha MOD. It's not its own game. 90% of the shit you do in this MOD, wasn't what ARMAII was intended to do, so there are going to be an ass load of problems trying to get them to work. Just be happen its the worlds most amazing alpha.

• Like 1

happened to me when i try to put a m14 aim in my coyote pack

• Like 1

Good thing military weapons hide themselves in backpacks never to be found again...or maybe they have a black hole at the bottom.

jk...you ppl should know how much inventory space the weapons need, there is no real need for two rifles anyway...shows how much you prefer killing over surviving, meaning getting supplies of any kind other than ammo.

• Like 2

I like to call this ITEM PURGATORY

But seriously, this is my ONLY problem with this game, I can navigate around everything else, I can even deal with glitching into my friends body and killing us both (it was hilarious)

But I CANNOT admit to my friend that the CZ he just gave me to back him up with has gone to ITEM PURGATORY

And Rocket said unto his minions DayZ giveth and DayZ taketh away........ and it was so.

Amen.

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 1

Its not a bug, its ArmA, learn to play.

:lol:

Almost as comical as you steam fanboys claiming that steam is the most foolproof program ever devised and cant be hacked! Such wisdom, how can anyone counter such air tight logic!

Had this happen with my backpack today. Oh well atleast I still have this! :beans:

Edited by {CnP}Sov