mextrape

Serverhoping new location shit

1 hour ago, skJF said:

It's no wonder this game failed.  7 years and it's no better than it was day 1

"The first publicly available development build was released on December 16, 2013" - check your math mate, its still 2019 afaik, and according to sales figures it didn't really fail.

Anyway, what exactly is your point now apart from nonsense ranting? Did you even change your server so your character could be forced to a new position? Because thats pretty much the point of this thread and you fail to deliver that information.

Edit: Not that i am a fan of this...um...solution, a simple timer would have been more than enough to stop server hopping in combat at least from my point of view. What we have now is way over the top.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

35 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

"The first publicly available development build was released on December 16, 2013" - check your math mate, its still 2019 afaik, and according to sales figures it didn't really fail.

Anyway, what exactly is your point now apart from nonsense ranting? Did you even change your server so your character could be forced to a new position? Because thats pretty much the point of this thread and you fail to deliver that information.

Edit: Not that i am a fan of this...um...solution, a simple timer would have been more than enough to stop server hopping in combat at least from my point of view. What we have now is way over the top.

Apparently you've never heard of a typo...  6 is right next to 7, if you weren't aware.  I'm glad you never mistype anything, when your 8+inch hands don't fit on your screen. Good for you. Also, sales figures mean absolutely nothing.  A lot of people buy Apple, but that doesn't mean they aren't being ripped off and paying like 500% retail for substandard, barely better than entry-level hardware, and a proprietary software most app devs hate coding for...  a lot of people buy things they think might be good, and they end up regretting it.  How's the active player base, as compared to how many people bought the game?  Hmmm.....  anyway, My point, is that you get teleported when you change servers.... AND WHEN YOU DON'T.  Pretty simple to understand, even using basic context clues.  My car is still where I left it, yet I was teleported over a half hour away.  ON THE SAME SERVER.  Not sure why you would think I'd try to log into a different server and look for my car...  Are you new?  I didn't fail to mention anything, your inability to interpret the subject matter based on the thread title and contextual information within the post, is not my responsibility in any way, whatsoever. Yes, what we have way over the top...  AND IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK RIGHT.  The best part is, I grabbed my rad and spark out of the car when I logged...  Now they're both gone and I have to find more, because this failure of a game malfunctioned AGAIN and deleted my items.  Why is a solution, punitive to people playing legit, an acceptable recourse for the devs inability to properly perform their jobs?  

Dunno why you have the urge to bring this on a personal level. Pretty much the only sentence worth reading is the last one. Well, another thread better off ignored.

3 hours ago, skJF said:

I log in this morning, I'm in kamenka.

Did you get out of the car before you logged out?  Or did the server restart while you were in the car?  Both of these cases can result in your position data reverting to when you entered the car.

It's a known issue since the beginning of vehicles in SA...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Did you get out of the car before you logged out?  Or did the server restart while you were in the car?  Both of these cases can result in your position data reverting to when you entered the car.

It's a known issue since the beginning of vehicles in SA...

Yep, took the radiator and spark plug out and logged out on the ground next to it.  Interestingly, not even a week ago I was driving while the server reset.  There wasn't a warning, I was on official.  I spawned a hundred meters ish back, the car was probably another hundred meters from where I was at restart...  Flipped upside down in a river.  So, idk lol

1 hour ago, skJF said:

Yep, took the radiator and spark plug out and logged out on the ground next to it.  Interestingly, not even a week ago I was driving while the server reset.  There wasn't a warning, I was on official.  I spawned a hundred meters ish back, the car was probably another hundred meters from where I was at restart...  Flipped upside down in a river.  So, idk lol

This is typical.  When a server restarts, this always happens.  Players will leave a server first, then vehicles, or something.

I've had cases where you log out and log back in .... on top of a different car even.  #bizarroworldchernarus

On 8/31/2019 at 4:40 PM, Parazight said:

This is typical.  When a server restarts, this always happens.  Players will leave a server first, then vehicles, or something.

I've had cases where you log out and log back in .... on top of a different car even.  #bizarroworldchernarus

Well, I've been playing God knows how long since 2014...  Guess there's a first time for everything.  But typical?  Not too sure about that.

• Like 1

To clarify, it's typical that you wont log back on to the server right where the car is if you were driving it when the server reset.  That's the typical part.

I'm pretty sure you weren't driving cars back in 2014.

God may not know how long you've been playing, but you can check in the steam interface to see how many hours you've got.  😝

Edited by Parazight

16 hours ago, Parazight said:

To clarify, it's typical that you wont log back on to the server right where the car is if you were driving it when the server reset.  That's the typical part.

I'm pretty sure you weren't driving cars back in 2014.

God may not know how long you've been playing, but you can check in the steam interface to see how many hours you've got.  😝

To clarify, I wasn't driving the car.  I'm pretty sure you didn't read the posts.  It clearly says I got out, took out parts and then logged out in the ground next to the car. No matter how many hours you got, you gotta read the post first or you won't know what you're talking about. 

On 8/31/2019 at 2:35 PM, skJF said:

Interestingly, not even a week ago I was driving while the server reset. 

I'm pretty sure I did read the posts.  This is what I responded to.  It clearly says that you were driving when the server reset.  You gotta read the post first or you won't know what you're talking about.

Your condescending attitude is really a breath of fresh air, guy with 24 posts whos been playing since 2014.

Edited by Parazight
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Parazight said:

I'm pretty sure I did read the posts.  This is what I responded to.  It clearly says that you were driving when the server reset.  You gotta read the post first or you won't know what you're talking about.

Your condescending attitude is really a breath of fresh air, guy with 24 posts whos been playing since 2014.

So, you read the post, and then decided to take a slightly related anecdote in response to another person's comment about resetting while driving?  And you thought that was an appropriate response? Congratulations.  If you don't like the attitude, take your slick talk to another post where someone won't give it back to you. 

On 8/31/2019 at 3:35 PM, skJF said:

Yep, took the radiator and spark plug out and logged out on the ground next to it.

Skipped right over the part actually relative to the conversation, eh?

50 minutes ago, skJF said:

Skipped right over the part actually relative to the conversation, eh?

Okay, so the OP started talking about server hopping issues and somehow this relates to your issue of driving a car, then re-joining the same server?  How is that 'relative to the conversation'  eh?

Cry. cry. cry. You are upset because you cannot get into peoples bases by server hopping or cannot loot military bases with ease with server hopping. The new teleport system for server change is here to stay so get over it.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2019 at 8:58 PM, Parazight said:

Okay, so the OP started talking about server hopping issues and somehow this relates to your issue of driving a car, then re-joining the same server?  How is that 'relative to the conversation'  eh?

Because if you knew how to read, you'd see that I clearly stated that I drove a car far away, got out, logged off and when I logged back in I was magically teleported to kamenka.  Try to keep up, bud. 

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2019 at 6:43 PM, ImpulZ said:

You are not forced to play on only one server. But due to all the exploits related to server-hopping there is sadly no way around resetting players positions. The hive is there so that you can join your friends gaming sessions with your character (and hopefully you want to stay on the same server together). If you want to hop, you have to do it consciously, accepting the position reset.

Hahahah what? You literally made it easier for people to escape dangerous areas and situations. 

On 7/22/2019 at 11:52 AM, ImpulZ said:

You can avoid the position reset by playing on the same server continuously. You will always receive a warning while connecting to a new server, where you have the option to cancel the connection.

That you are spawning right next to other players should theoretically not happen (or highly unlikely), but we will monitor this.

This i have already proven with the DAYZ staff to be incorrect information. I was continously playing on one server for months and yet i was starting in different locations when i rejoined. The last time i informed DAYZ staff they removed the server from the official list, with about 20 others, and dumped them in the community listing and i presume that was  because they had issues.

Edited by Fyrd Judge

The connection to the server fails (official DE server). Picking an alternative one throws where God knows where, which I don't want, so... Can't play as intended - thank you very much. 😞