Sign in to follow this  
ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.152166

On 7/19/2019 at 2:50 PM, MAMEniac said:

since we know that DayZ will become more and more "mod-friendly", may I ask where to find documentation then ?

What if someone like to start modding the game and the knowledge about the gamefiles is not "godgiven" ?

There is no help in the community, so I like to have docs/wikis where you can get the required informations.

Are there any plans to do that by any chance ? Or is this knowledge "reserved" to a small circle of special ppl only ?

Modding

We'll do justice to our company motto - Curiosity, Creativity, Community - by delivering significant modding improvements this year. Documentation, samples, and fixes that make new things possible are all in our pipeline. - Eugen Harton KIA 2019

so 1.04 dropped june 24.  sittin somewhere around 6 weeks with no word on 1.05.  not whining or complaining about it as i know things take time but would sure be nice if someone maybe let us know whats up.  will 1.05 be a thing?  august...ish?  hell any news would be good news

• Like 1

MstpkBy.png

from twitter . .. . .  looks like the console issues delayed stuff maybe ..  .

the gif is of a player jumping over walls

• Thanks 2

Wow still goin on about books and bows?.... really?, there are bigger things to worry about tbh like the games physics, books and importantly bows, are mediocre and mundane not complex at all to add to the game once the physics is ready so they are at the low end of the list, get used to it, Like I said in an earlier post, Has anyone thrown a spear yet since throwing was reintroduced?,.. I mean If the spear flies vertically what do you think an arrow from a bow is going to do?,... the phisics are not ready for that yet thats why.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:50 AM, MAMEniac said:

since we know that DayZ will become more and more "mod-friendly", may I ask where to find documentation then ?

What if someone like to start modding the game and the knowledge about the gamefiles is not "godgiven" ?

There is no help in the community, so I like to have docs/wikis where you can get the required informations.

Are there any plans to do that by any chance ? Or is this knowledge "reserved" to a small circle of special ppl only ?

Thats cos its like everything else I have noticed,... Tight lipped kept in there own circles to gain maximum attention/popularity. Always hear the excuses  "oh Im too busy working on stuff" age old story, Translated they are saying "fuk no Im not helping you, me and my buddies work is getting popular and I want to keep it that way"

If thats the way they want to be fine,.. dilligaf.. I just hope the dev team will release most of the stuff that some mods have reintroduced like vehicles aircraft etc.. and make their mods obsolete.

Modding community isnt really a community per se but more like a detached group of individuals keeping their work in their own little circle.

The day they all help everyone else out to great extent to actually call it a modding community is the day I walk on water,.. piss rainbows and shit gold nuggets. Then Id be a fucking Jebuslepreunicorn.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

Naaaaahhh.    Books and bows are priority. Don't care about physics. This is DayZ.  After more than 3500 hours and playing the game since it first came out, books should come back first.

In fact, everything we had before should make a comeback, like most of it making it's comeback through the modding community. I feel like Bohemia handed the biggest part of the job to the modders. Playing on modded servers is refreshing and makes the experience much more varied. It feels weird to see old items and mechanics making their way back into the game via the mods instead of the official branch.

Still...   First thing that should comeback is fishing.

J4gl7Z7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Beans 2