Sign in to follow this  
rickyriot

The NW Airfield is dead... long live Prison Island!

I wouldn't say "new" more that people are for heading to the NWA which is normally camped by top tiered weapons when they could head to the island, find next to nobody there and an stash of weapons. What's more there is a military camp a couple of km to the West.

Idiots head for  Vybor or Grishina, the clever cats head to Kamenka.

1 hour ago, rickyriot said:

I wouldn't say "new" more that people are for heading to the NWA which is normally camped by top tiered weapons when they could head to the island, find next to nobody there and an stash of weapons. What's more there is a military camp a couple of km to the West. Idiots head for  Vybor or Grishina, the clever cats head to Kamenka.

I only ever find skorpions, pistols, sg5's and usg's there. There are far easier places to find this stuff . . . And its not that lightly trafficked . .  people do camp the prison and its easy to see people swimming . ..

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

I only ever find skorpions, pistols, sg5's and usg's there. There are far easier places to find this stuff . . . And its not that lightly trafficked . .  people do camp the prison and its easy to see people swimming . ..

I have yet to see anyone at the prison, I think people can't be bothered to swim out there, but considering you can spawn very close to it it's a "no-brainer" for a fresh spawn.

In terms of loot, not sure what you are expecting but it's the same loot I find in the NWA.

I mean, sure, if people don't want to bother with the island that's actually really great news for me.

9 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

I have yet to see anyone at the prison, I think people can't be bothered to swim out there, but considering you can spawn very close to it it's a "no-brainer" for a fresh spawn.

In terms of loot, not sure what you are expecting but it's the same loot I find in the NWA.

I mean, sure, if people don't want to bother with the island that's actually really great news for me.

you are lucky then, I almost always bump into someone, usually up til now a  crap shot. . . .  Dont get me wrong, its a great place to tool up .. . 

NWA is a tier 3, tier 4 spawn point. Prison island is a tier 1 location.

If they get the CLE right, or you are there at the NWA after a server wipe/restart you can get AKM's etc. you just have to be quick. . . spawn in and run .

There may be a wipe when 1.04 goes stable

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

I presume that is a guess on your behalf as I've yet to see any official documents showing what tiers of gear can be found at what location. I'll happily admit I've not seen what you would consider top tier gear but then at times I've hit the NWA and found absolutely nothing at all, let alone something I could grade into tiers.

As for lucky? Meh... what is luck in DayZ? I go by the fact very few people hit Kamenka while absolutely tons head to the NWA. What's more, and I can't stress this enough, a fresh spawn is more likely to be closer to the island than it is the airfield.

2 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

I presume that is a guess on your behalf as I've yet to see any official documents showing what tiers of gear can be found at what location. I'll happily admit I've not seen what you would consider top tier gear but then at times I've hit the NWA and found absolutely nothing at all, let alone something I could grade into tiers.

As for lucky? Meh... what is luck in DayZ? I go by the fact very few people hit Kamenka while absolutely tons head to the NWA. What's more, and I can't stress this enough, a fresh spawn is more likely to be closer to the island than it is the airfield.

yep its a guess. Ive never seen an SKS on prison island and that is a tier 2 weapon. There was also a DayZ video showing roughly the tiering grades

Sure NWA is usually pretty empty of good gear at the moment

Sure Prison island is low traffic, but there is traffic. Thankfully nothing like the traffic going to NWA. And yes, I imagine people dont like the swim. .. . .

On 6/23/2019 at 1:05 PM, aux7 said:

you are lucky then, I almost always bump into someone, usually up til now a  crap shot. . . .  Dont get me wrong, its a great place to tool up .. . 

If they get the CLE right, or you are there at the NWA after a server wipe/restart you can get AKM's etc. you just have to be quick. . . spawn in and run .

There may be a wipe when 1.04 goes stable

You are right, nothing really spawns there for exept the stuff you find in cherno tents. Last 3 times i went there nothing much. And light dangerous travel due vunerability.