donnyuk78

On my travels today

Today I went travelling and not only did I find a helicopter crash but a base at devils castle.

i meet a guy there and spoke to him not for long but he said there was a few tent there and a lot of stuff and it wasn’t his base so he said help yourself. I went and had a look and picked myself up the KA ,probably duped but I thought screw it I’m taking it ,took a fair few mags and ammo too.

i don’t normally take duped stuff but this the 2nd time I have the 1st was when I found a tent city and was i need of nails so I took the lot .... about 500 in total 😂

Do you guys take duped stuff ? 

Regards

DonnyDanger78

No, but if I'm able, I'll move it somewhere else and bury it. That's if I'm pretty confident it's duped. I've come across loads of bases and generally they seemed legit. I might watch it for a while and have a nose around. Maybe pick up the odd item, but generally I just leave stuff alone. I would personally be uncomfortable picking up duped gear. Doesn't feel right to me. 

Taking the duped gear does feel a bit cheap but its about the only way to even see an AK or M4 besides getting mowed down with one on the coast as a freshie. I miss the days of actually finding good gear in military bases and chopper crashes.

• Like 1

Most of the times yes, it depends.

Today, after long time I decided to head inland. Came across a guy few hours ago at troitskoi mb. He started blasting me so ended up taking him out with mp5 so yeah, I did upgrade. Sad thing tho I got the red message and never got to keep the thing... Back in the day it was most likely to find an AR when ever you left the NWAF. 7/10 I'd say. Duping itself makes me not want to go inland like I used to did.

Edited by nikoor

The base could have been legit but there like 5 sea chests so I don’t think it is tents ? Given I’ve only ever found one I’d say duped. Now the mags and ammo could’ve been legit I’m always find both and could stock up a fair few. If anyone found my current stash then they’d think the same as I have a couple of Bags of ammo and Mags for pistol,shotguns and SMG.

I mean if I killed someone with a decent gun I’d take as its fair game but still probably duped.... I don’t go looking for base/tents  just stumble on them as I’m exploring. Tough one at the moment with the current game build. 

I agree if I can i will take stuff out of tents and pack them up and shift them to despawn but don’t stick around too long as I’m scared I’ll die 😆

Edited by donnyuk78

Duping isn't possible on PC as far as I know. But if it was, I'd destroy the base; empty tents, steal them, etc. Never taken anything from dupers and I never will.

• Like 1

No dude, nothing wrong with picking up that AK, duped or not, it was only one rifle that was picked up.

I'm sure that most if not all players come across any mil spec weapons, they would pick them up etc...this would be exactly the same if there were no duping in DayZ Xbox, would still have picked up the AK at the stash/tents rather than to run all the way to a Mil base where there might be a few players looking for the same thing etc...

• Like 1

i found a small base that was under constrruction, and had a partially finished car inside that contained 1 LAR with no mag or attachments or ammo, so I naturally liberated it, may have been duped but in this case I didn't care lol as it was an upgrade from my BK18, however on a side note if i raid somebody's stash, i ALWAYS take something and leave something random in place of it just to kinda mess with them...

• Like 1