am3x86

Your story so far....

Hi All

I thought I would start a thread on sharing your Dayz Expierences so far. I would like start by stating I havnt played DayZ since the Arma 2 Mod on PC some time ago.I have purposly approached Dayz with an open mind and clean slate and overall im really enjoying the game I havnt exprienced any of this "Bugs" I keep hearing about as yet and since release I have prob spent 10+ hours on it over multiple surving attempts.

Playing On;

PS Pro, 1080P TV ( I know), FTTP 250Mb WAN Connecton

My Story..

So I started close to berezino and quickly started to gather some supplies, School bag, Bike helmet, BK 133 (no ammo), Shovel, Axe, Platsic water Bottle, Bino's and food.

Mean while a friend had joined and started doing the same.

We decided to loot up and meet at NE Airfield to head towards NW Airfied / Stary to gain more advanced rifles etc.

As I approached NE Airfield I heard two shots in the distance. My initial reaction was to stay away however, with food supplies low and no other options I decided to head into Krasnostav in desperation..

My aim was to get to one of the supermarkets to resuppy, get out and RV with my friend who was also heading my way.

As I approached the supermarket I noticed a Survivor looting the very loot I needed, I had a choice, allow the survivor to go with my needed food supplies or kill for survival..

I quickly fired up iZurvive and noticed there was two Supermarkets in Kras and decided to head to the second and leave the survivour be, as I approached the supermarket I seen one, ..Two, Three survivors looking directly at me with weapons..

I stood there like a rabbit in head lights clutching my Axe trying to asses my options, I called out .... No reply

I walked into the nearest house as they approahed all four of us stood there as I called out for a reply.. nothing came back

One shot was fired ... I closed the door and Ran.... It was too late I was trapped in the house, with all exits and entrys blocked..

They came in to the house as I stood there calling out with My back against the wall,  they took aim like a firing squad.

they all shot in line and in unison as my survivor collapsed to the floor... I was dead

Survivor 4 lasted 3 hours and I start my story again.....

Every cloud.. I spawned close to my friend and we RV'd ready for tonight to survive again..

Really enojying it so far chaps hope you are too.

Regrads.

• Like 1

Spawn 1. Started at night, used the shadows of the trees against the stars to head to a hilltop to try to get a view and wait out the remainder of the night in safety. As the sun rose in the east, I headed towards it until I could see a road at dawn. I followed it up hill until I came to a small village which translates as Tulga. Spent 20 minutes looting the houses which had all their doors open, the odd Z walking around but I managed to avoid their attention. Found a water well and replenished my hydration. It was getting late so I headed into the nearby forest to log out. Logged back in the next day to much fuller servers, went again into Tulga to immediately see 2 guys looting the houses. I avoided them by sneaking around but unluckily they headed back over their own tracks to the end of the village I was looting. They cornered me, I spoke to them and greeted them, no response. I calmly turned away and jogged off. One started to follow me, the one with a rifle. I didnt think he would shoot me seeing as I didnt have any reason to shoot them or even raise a weapon. Then, as I went into tree cover I didnt even hear it, I was on the floor and the time on earth for my character was done. I'd been shot in the back by cowards for no reason and I was carrying barely anything worthwhile. He then added me as a friend, which was declined.

Overall a successful start to Dayz, but confirmed that most people I meet wont be as friendly as me.

A nice welcome back to Chenarus eh?

One story which happened not too long ago.. I met a guy in one of the clubs, we grouped up and decided to loot Troitskoe military. As we arrive he knew I don’t like to kos, so we decided to try and communicate.

It was the middle of the night and we posted up just outside the first barrack. Not 1 minute later we hear a guy sprint by us heading right into that same barrack.

My friend hops up and sprints towards it, I’m thinking he’s about to shoot him anyway. Instead, he locks the guy in the barrack. Shots ring out from the guys SGK5. We talk him down and he puts his gun away, so we unlock the door and head in.

After chatting for a bit my friend goes to loot the next barrack. The guys with me and mentions he can’t open his can of tuna (used to be a bug for some). As I open the tuna he pulls out a 12 gauge and blasts me dead with one shot. I just sat there laughing like hell.

As we were in game chat I waited to see what happened. My friend comes back into party chat shortly after saying he killed the guy. He said he walked in and saw my guy since we were both wearing armbands. The other guy tried shooting my buddy though his gun jammed... Karma?

That was the first time in 500 hours of play time that someone pulled such a good trap. I wish I knew his tag to send him a “well played” message.

On to the next unique experience..

• Like 1

I alway try talking first before shooting, If they dont have a mic I ever leg it or shoot them,  If you play a game like Dayz you have to have a mic to stay alive.

• Like 1

I've a mic, but 90% of the time I will not hear anything anyone says nor can I respond because I'll be in a party chat and the game doesnt let you hear players talking if your in a chat.

Would be nice to atleast be able to hear people talking to me. Then I could emote a responce back or switch chats for a moment to answer. Would be even better if since its a ptt system, I could just use it normally while in chat still. /shrugs

Edited by msgnyc

Hi everyone.

Here goes my experience with DayZ and survivors inside of the Chernarus for now. 

I was looking for release of DayZ on consoles for 4 years I guess?! So there was no question about not buying it. Even if price is so high and game is bugy as f*ck. But now, when I'm really into that world of scumbags, traitor, KoS, FPS drops, tons of bugs, I need to ask you guys.

Is this normal behavior of your human species?

Today I finally get my car working running with tires, gas canister from Cernogorks to Stary Sobor. So I sat into the car, start the engine (not working sound of engine) and go to the Gorka. When I get there, there was a guy with a shotgun and motorcycle helmet (some fresh spawn, which runs for a while) and think what.. I slow down, say hello.. And dark. He just fuc*Ing shoot me in head, only because I had a car.. After that I spawn on the coast again.. After looting few houses I got shotgun with 3 shells. Than I saw the light of road flare (it was night time) so I carefully go there and try to speak to them. It was a group of 3 players which were fresh spawn, but somehow while after I try to speak to them, they try to fist me up.. So I shoot all three sheels (miss everyone) but in moment a lot of zombies show up and surviving start. I ran as for live, hide inside building, wait for situation calms down. Then I was going to loot them, find 1 body still lying on the ground, so that was enough for me, grab his stuff and head out to Gorka. So i ran to see my car.. . When I got there, car wasn't there, but there was equipment from that guy and few peaces of my gear.. So probably he rob my, then some other players hear gunshots and kill him(or zombies). So I hope that justice was done. 

Maybe I'm too much friendly and after that I regret it.. But I hope, that there are still good people which will team up and journey together, help each other out of the hell.. 

BTW: This game after 4 years development is garbage, but still love it. 

And sorry for my bad English. Peace ✌️ 

Edited by TheDrifT3r_Cz

These storys are awesome, I find with each experience your skin becomes thicker and you become more experinced since my last life I havnt died and have been surviving out of a town. Im at the point where im starting to place hidden loot eithier buried or barrel.

I Find if I stay in a place that I know and can navigate only going on expidetions to gather resources required, the game takes a new chapter. The south I now call the proving grounds and you truly start to survive once you are out of there.

As time goes on the more loot I have and the more I progress,  the stakes are higher and the feeling of "Oh my God" when you hear a blast of a weapon coming from the neighbouring village gets me on edge. Its a great feeling but also makes me nervous lol.

Im now living out of a unamned village 😉 when I seen 3 guys burying there loot within one of the back gardens, I will be going back to see what goodies I can find 🙂

1st life, looted in some city along the beach. Ran into a zombie which turned into two zombies. After I figured out you are not out running them I turned to fight but with a stone knife I didn't last long. 

2nd life, managed to stay alive long enough to get some basic items backpack, hatchet, and a bunch of junk that I would likely never use but kept it because it was what I found. Lived three days before I couldn't find water to drink died of thirst.

3rd life. Lived longer then the 1st and 2nd lives. Found a backpack and gun with bullets after two days of looting. Ran into two people but once I pointed my gun at them they ran away. I did the voice talk saying walk away or I will shoot. So some of us don't shoot on sight, but I would be cautious since that could change quickly. Have survived over 4 days now and learned your backpack can get 'ruined" and if you drop it on the ground you cannot pick it back up. So with a canteen, some canned food, and a can opener I am feeling pretty good. So I am out there in the world with a gun and bullets, food and water, and looking for some action now. Then again if you kill me first I have some decent loot on me. 

Side note - night time sucks at this point as it is really dark and in a normal survive situation I would go to sleep and wake up in the morning. Most of the time I find a place and hide out for the hour it takes for night time to pass on. I don't want to run around with a flashlight or anything that draws attention, but sitting or jumping servers when it is dark isn't much fun. 

On 6/3/2019 at 8:50 AM, am3x86 said:

These storys are awesome, I find with each experience your skin becomes thicker and you become more experinced since my last life I havnt died and have been surviving out of a town. Im at the point where im starting to place hidden loot eithier buried or barrel.

I Find if I stay in a place that I know and can navigate only going on expidetions to gather resources required, the game takes a new chapter. The south I now call the proving grounds and you truly start to survive once you are out of there.

As time goes on the more loot I have and the more I progress,  the stakes are higher and the feeling of "Oh my God" when you hear a blast of a weapon coming from the neighbouring village gets me on edge. Its a great feeling but also makes me nervous lol.

Im now living out of a unamned village 😉 when I seen 3 guys burying there loot within one of the back gardens, I will be going back to see what goodies I can find 🙂

Take me with you !

Character 1: Spawned on east coast, made my way through a railway depot, got a shovel as a weapon, met a guy and fought some zombies, died from blood-loss that I did not know how to fix

Character 2: killed on sight by a guy with a shotgun about 5 minutes after spawn

Character 3: killed by Zombies (night-time)

Character 4 killed by zombies (night-time)

Character 5: Actually made my way inland and got some decent stuff, a pistol, a water bottle to refill, MP5-K,  Gas stove and cooking pot. Went on a supply run along the coast and ended up dying of hunger.

Character 6: got a shotgun and ammo pretty much straight away, tried to help a guy being attacked by about 5 zombies and got killed myself

Current character: spawned near Elektrozavodsk. Currently doing ok, got Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, decent amount of food and drink, gas lamp and canister, and some other stuff. Gonna stock up on more food and drink, hopefully find more ammo, then head North and see what happens.

This game really does make you analyse where you went wrong and ended up dying,.

I seem to do a little bit better each time, unless I have bad luck of course, which can happen very easily.

I think dayz is a great game with massive potential, I hope it goes in the right direction.

Edited by Duck Solo

So, on to my 4th character I headed north from Cherno, visited a few spots and looted my way all the way to the military base in the woods north of Severograd. Suddenly my mate joins my server, I didnt know he bought the game. I spent another hour running south to meet him eventually at an abandoned gas station. After a few near misses as we began our adventure together. We settled down in a small village for the night in a house nearby a water well. We'd spent nearly an hour in the house reloading magazines, repairing our gear and sorting our inventories out which were becoming confusing.

We were chatting in party chat, I'd minimised the game to change some settings when suddenly my friend said someone was outside the house !!

I'd not seen another player for 3 days so I thought he was joking, I went back to the game and immediately saw a flashlight in the tree opposite the house we were in. It went out and the faint outline of a person wearing night vision goggles with 3 white dots reflecting in the moonlight was looking straight at us. Scared we were about to be rushed, we hit the floor hiding under the windows and came out of party chat. We starting talking out loud to warn off the person(s) watching us. I saw the torch light once more and then we had the most disturbing 15 minutes of our Dayz experience so far waiting for an attack.

Daybreak came, whoever it was had gone. But they left us feeling very nervous that when we thought we were safe under the cover of darkness in fact someone had been watching us probably the whole time. To be watched and possibly preyed on was as I can only put it, in game terrifying !

Instead of doing long paragraphs I'll just post videos of everything that has happened today, this is about my characters 5th day alive (real days not game days) 

Context about first one is in description,  second one I was overwatching town while group looted, and heard a guy sneaking g up behind me, he charged at me so I shot him down, third is something we came across. 

Edited by GkR86

A few tips. If you have ruined gear and drop it by accident, yes you cant put it back on but you can still carry it until you find a replacement. Also the very top right small 3 house town on the coast has plenty of spawned packs small dry bags and cans of coke and food. It's a great starting point. It's just north of tify shipwreck.  

If you dont have rags or bandages on you and you need to bandage find an article of clothing and use you're cutting stone or a knife to cut it into rags . If you are really desperate aft a fight and fear of death by blood loss is close use your own shirt to cut into rags. 

https://youtu.be/9rJr3OblFW8

I had lots of positive ones. Met friends, made bases. But this one kinda left the strongest imprint lol. So sneaky....

and i thought im making friends lmao 😂

If you dont wanna watch the whole build up and why it frustrated me... skip to last minute-two.

Edited by M1LF_TANK
Linked video properly

3 hours ago, M1LF_TANK said:

and i thought im making friends lmao 😂

It really is a Survival Simulator, is´nt it.

On 6/1/2019 at 7:04 PM, msgnyc said:

I've a mic, but 90% of the time I will not hear anything anyone says nor can I respond because I'll be in a party chat and the game doesnt let you hear players talking if your in a chat.

Would be nice to atleast be able to hear people talking to me. Then I could emote a responce back or switch chats for a moment to answer. Would be even better if since its a ptt system, I could just use it normally while in chat still. /shrugs

That’s odd, I know on Xbox you can hear others talking in game chat, though you just can’t talk back unless you switch. 

Not sure if PS is different in that regard, though I’d imagine they’d be similar.

Was over on prison island with another in my group, we met someone else, who after the encounter we had, has now joined our group, we were talking on the bridge and 3 others started shooting at us (who clearly spawned on island)

I ended up retreating back into the prison up to the sniper tower. Video below it anyone wants to watch it. 

Edited by GkR86

My first day...

I spawn somewhere between Kami and Electro I make my way West to the city, I get there and notice how different it was (Last played on PC on version .60)

I loot up get some food, and a splitting axe. I enter a two story building, start looking for food when I hear a shotgun being loaded. I hit the ground, and don't move a inch, I hear slow moving footsteps, I get into a position to see the stairs. Must have been 2 minutes had passed when I finally see someone creeping around the stairs, shotgun in hand, pointing at me. My heart skips and beat, I think to myself well, it's been a good hour of looting but beach, here I come.

I open up comms and say "Hey there, I don't have a gun, don't shoot"

A few seconds pass then I hear, "Hi, it's cool, I'm friendly, I'm coming up"

I let out a sight of relief. I spend a few minutes chatting with the guy, offered a trade but we didn't have anything that interested each other, he says "Okay I'm going to head off, don't try and kill me lol" I thanked him for being friendly and not killing me, I assured him I'd wait a few minutes before leaving the building.

As I continued my looting around Electro I thought to myself, "wow is Dayz changed that much that people are actually willing to talk before shooting?"

As the dark started to set in, it was becoming harder to see, I wish I kept that flare. I could hardly see 2 feet in front of me when I heard a moan, followed by another, before I knew it, I was being mauled by two infected and woke up on the beach again.

• Like 1

So here's my story so far, keep in mind I've played DayZ before and only have just recently returned of course, with the PS4 release.

1st Run.  Getting acclimated to the game, the movement, combat, all the other game mechanics.  Spent a great deal of time without getting killed, but also without running into many other players getting along.  This gave me a chance to focus on working on my equipment and on my discoveries I found that I remember much more of the things that I could do in the game than I realized and quickly acclimated to the PS4 version.  By this time, I had already googled a map and found an orienteering compass, so by this time, remaining undetected and alive was just second nature to navigating directly to the places with the best drops.   Found a lot of great equipment, and then I was reminded just how dangerous those areas are, and the fact that almost nobody messes around with the casual "friendly?" hail.  They just shoot your ass.

2nd Run.   Much easier and faster time navigating and re-equipping.   I was fully re-equipped and then some within I think about 3 hours of playtime from respawn.   This time around though after becoming fully equipped, I ran into another moderately equipped player that seemed friendly enough.  I had my reservations, it's hard to fully trust a stranger in this game, but without taking that chance it doesn't really make the game worth playing.   Fortunately I was successful on my gamble and found a friend to watch my back on our travels for awhile.   We survived together for quite some time and I decided that I wanted to load him out with the best equipment too.  

3rd Run.  On my run to load out my brother, I find out just how loudly I've been trapsing around these military installations when I walk into a headshot from somebody's SMG.  Great.  Idiot.  Be quiet!   Okay, reloaded, 4 hours later.    And re-reloaded after another 2 hours with some extra goodies for my buddy.   At this found I've only really met hostile resistance on a large scale at the Military bases, which is to be expected, and I can hold my own in a fire fight but at this point, I realize that my friend at this point isn't very experienced in combat and I would very likely end up having to baby sitting him in any combat.    I was just happy at this point to have a friend that didn't shoot at me, but I quickly found myself wanting to fall in with a group of experienced players that could look after themselves and play more tactically.     

4th, 5th, 6th run.  After playing in all the hot zones, I decided to buzz around the map to the more populated areas and towns or even coastal areas that many players frequent.   Through exploring these areas, and re-equipping several times over in the process... I didn't tend to run across many people, but those that I did run across found more pleasure in trying to kill me than interacting with me in any other way.  A couple got lucky with some good shots, others... not so lucky and bit off more than they could chew, but I never found myself killing another player without at least first giving them chance to shout friendly or disarm.    I did feel bad for the last person I took down though.  He was only trying to rush into a house I was occupying to escape chasing zombies and happened to have a weapon out.  I don't think he knew I was there or ever intended on shooting me, but I reacted all the same and filled him full of holes.   I did feel bad though, so I revived him.   His gun had dropped from hand and I had my AK-M on him with a fresh clip.   He ain't gettin' a shot off.   I learned just how many new new players there are playing this now - and it reinforces my playstyle to perhaps not be so ruthless with new players as I have been in the past on PC in the past.   At least for now - we need to give our new base of players time to acclimate to the game before we chase them off by being assholes.

So I found a group of players that closely aligns with my playstyle to help other people acclimate to the game and be a friendly force to all non-hostile or friendly players - and as an experienced player, hunt and kill bandit and KOS players tactically that the other new players aren't really capable of doing yet.    So far so good, liking the camaraderie and after playing by myself or with only one other playing since buying the game (again), it's nice to have a group of solid players to play with.

So that's about where I'm at with my run on DayZ is so far.   It need some work but I am holding out hope for it. 

• Like 1

so first spawn straight after release of game on ps4. jumped on a low pop server to get the hang of the game before  i meet people. thought i was doing well looted some good gear, had gun, food water ammo and warm clothes, ran around in circles in the dark before i relaised it was better to wait out the night.

thought i was the shit, until i went to a military base and was shot in the back climbing a ladder. (never saw it coming)

2nd spawn i was killed by infected (was too cocky and got knocked out)

dont know what spawn im on now but ive learnt to keep an eye out every where on the map, and to shoot first at the military bases!

would like a 'wait option" at night so that i dont have to sit around playing with inventory for an hour, or more night vision google spawns so i can sneak around. i dont like server hoping, but an hour doing shit when ive only got a couple of hours game time is shit.

Im a lone survivor and usually get outta dodge when i see other players or hear foot steps. My last encounter with a person scared the hell out of me. And him too. I was about to loot a house when i thought i heard foot steps so i paused but only heard the creeking of the house so i entered. i went in and proceeded upstairs. Someone was up there. Luckily i had my plate carrier on but still took a lot of damage. I was able to hit him with my 45 pistol a few times. He must have been in bad shap just like me. We both retreated into the woods and never saw each other again. Im sure under different circumstances we could have gotten along just fine:)

My experiences from scratch to base can be found here but are texted only just in German till now.

It´s actualy a description for new Players on the PS4 to Speed up their Knowledge related to the game in General.

How ever, take a look if interested.

Finding Friends and a first over view.

Looting and equiping with weapons 

A new thought and base building

Base Expansion and finding new neighbours in a huge base.

Have fun.

Edited by CPUTestUnit

I just added you the 4th day now in the post above to Keep them together (in Germany only so far but surly will translate it somewhen soon).

This time we expand our base, check for resources and follow up on a huge dubber base near by.  

Enjoy.