Sign in to follow this  
Eezzy_

Dayz Europe

Well.. for many years I followed the game through youtube and seen all the game braking bugs/glitches/crashes. Now that the game is out on PS4, I am not sure I want to buy it. The game is still unfinished and you are already giving it the full retail price (49,99euros here in Belgium) which is quite alot for a game that has been going downhill. it feels alot like another cashgrab... even your forum is very slow in loading the next page (not on my side, other forums work perfectly fine). I don't know.. should I buy it? Or just skip it and wait for a "better" game to come out?

Even the trailer for PS4 kinda suck... Live action trailer for a game.. even if the animation trailer was bad I'd still give you an applaus for trying. Always hated live action trailers (looking at you 7 days to die). In my head it goes like this: If a company makes a live action trailer it means that the game probably suck very bad.

I don't know.. it's very hard to judge the game right now, there is no way I can try it out without buying it. We should atleast get a 1 or 2 week free trial to get to know the game before buying it.

To just throw in my two cents.

Yes the game is unfinished and you will face issues when playing the game. Not sure what you mean with going downhill (game is only getting better and better). Besides, I don't know any game similar to DayZ that will be coming anytime soon to the consoles.

If you don't like live-action and prefer a gameplay trailer, then watch the Xbox launch trailer. It is the same game anyway. It also shows you did not do much searching if you think that making a live-action trailer is probably a reason for being a bad game while there are enough gameplay vids out there.

It is expensive though, I will give you that. In doubt, wait for a sale. Perhaps a Christmas sale at the end of 2019. The game will definitely be in a much better shape then anyway.

Edited by amadieus

Well, I know how you feel. However, from an ex PC gamer and came from many BI games of old, I love them. Regardless of the silly clipping and bad collision detection, the games are usually better than those of bigger developers.

I bought the game but haven't had chance to play yet, my opinion may change but I doubt it. I've always loved ultra realism games and I've watched videos of Dayz since 2012 wishing it would come out on a console. I do think its come to the market a little too late, the game does look old generation, but I think it will be a classic if overlooked by the masses.

17 hours ago, amadieus said:

The game will definitely be in a much better shape then anyway.

lol that’s funny as, how has the game progressed since it released to console? They have brought out a whole bunch of items wow but what main bug related issues have they fixed? There is a reason why it has taken BI 5 years to get here and it’s not because they fixing issues right now it will be to count their 💰💰💰they have received from pushing a unfinished game to full release and given it a AAA title price tag. I keep saying to myself they will fix it soon but in the end I know I’m kidding myself.

@Jackel Hello I hope your well

I can sense your frustration against the game and how it progessed over the years. My exprience comes from the Mod for Arma2 on PC many years ago now.

I havnt played it since then really and the first time for a while I played last night so I guess im comparing from all that time ago untill today.

I can see elements have changed but it doesnt seem vast changes since the Mod. It would seem more time has been put into developing a new engine rather than a new game perhaps that wasnt a good idea and they should of made a choice to use a already developed engine and focused on the game instead perhaps?

Could you share the bugs you refer too as I have stated I havnt played for a long time and I am yet to exprience some on the PS4

Thanks

1 hour ago, Jackel said:

lol that’s funny as, how has the game progressed since it released to console? They have brought out a whole bunch of items wow but what main bug related issues have they fixed? There is a reason why it has taken BI 5 years to get here and it’s not because they fixing issues right now it will be to count their

Ignoring the console specific issues, yes the game simply becomes better with each patch. They fixed numerous of bugs. For example these biggies: infected glitching through player and tents/barrels being almost impossible to place... Then again, I almost never come across game breaking bugs or even simple bugs during my usual gameplay loop. Are there still lots of issues, sure. With cars and basebuilding for example. Infected could use some work etc... 

Yes it took BI 5 years because they worked on a new engine... Was it a good choice to do that mid-development? No. Was it good for the game's potential? Yes. 

22 hours ago, am3x86 said:

@Jackel Hello I hope your well

I can sense your frustration against the game and how it progessed over the years. My exprience comes from the Mod for Arma2 on PC many years ago now.

I havnt played it since then really and the first time for a while I played last night so I guess im comparing from all that time ago untill today.

I can see elements have changed but it doesnt seem vast changes since the Mod. It would seem more time has been put into developing a new engine rather than a new game perhaps that wasnt a good idea and they should of made a choice to use a already developed engine and focused on the game instead perhaps?

Could you share the bugs you refer too as I have stated I havnt played for a long time and I am yet to exprience some on the PS4

Thanks

Hey mate yeah doing well I hope you are as well. 

To start off the engine which they have rebuilt the game around is garbage. If you have played dayz on console you would notice all the bugs/glitches which I’ll give a brief run down on.

fps drop in most if not all larger cities and towns. Audio lags also.

freezes while in combat.

rendering issues throughout the map.         ( although it has gotten better )

falling through map

cars seem to drive on ice also I’ll dare you to try drive a car through cherno  

not to mention meatballing, duping and ghosting. All of these issues have been ported over from Xbox and all that’s been said is they are trying to fix the issues. I’m sick of BI and their laziness or incompetence.

these are only some issues, come play dayz on console and you’ll see

Im doing good thanks, seems a extended list and I share some the concerens.

I have just started playing on PS4 and currently keeping an open mind and giving a clean slate.

I havnt expeirienced soem of the issues yet but I know some exsit like Duping, Ghosting etc

currently im really enjoying and perhaps foolishly im hoping the Dev team can address the issues in coming updates ( we will see)

Keep surving perhaps I may see you in Chernarus

Regards

Edit I miss quoted 😕 Sorry

Edited by am3x86