Sign in to follow this  
Zig A Zag

Locking barrels

9 hours ago, Zig A Zag said:

Hello!

Is there a way to lock barrels?

8 hours ago, aux7 said:

no

With that said- it isn't that it is an entirely undesirable feature... but for now stealth and location are the only lock you get. 

4 hours ago, eno said:

With that said- it isn't that it is an entirely undesirable feature... but for now stealth and location are the only lock you get. 

Sure, but the problem for me with barrels or for that matter sea chests, is that the location you generally find them is neither stealthy nor hidden and getting these things to somewhere stealthy or hidden is very tough. I dragged a barrel around Elektro harbour, I am still amazed that I didnt get shot . . For the sea chest, that was fatal, wolves got me . . . My current favourite storage is a tent, I have it in my backpack and am moving to my favourite place . . . (not svergino . .)

On 3/28/2019 at 5:00 PM, Zig A Zag said:

Hello!

Is there a way to lock barrels?

OP there used to be a thing where you could drop barrels in water, which worked pretty well. Of course it's not secure, but it's a pretty good way to hide them, assuming you trust the game mechanics, and...

Actually never mind.

• Haha 3

On 3/29/2019 at 12:57 AM, aux7 said:

Sure, but the problem for me with barrels or for that matter sea chests, is that the location you generally find them is neither stealthy nor hidden and getting these things to somewhere stealthy or hidden is very tough. I dragged a barrel around Elektro harbour, I am still amazed that I didnt get shot . . For the sea chest, that was fatal, wolves got me . . . My current favourite storage is a tent, I have it in my backpack and am moving to my favourite place . . . (not svergino . .)

Well true but... you CAN find a place to stash (though it takes a ridiculous amount of time) them but you CAN’T lock them...

My point was more about the fact that it’s the only measure of locking we currently have- whether it’s desirable or not.

2 minutes ago, eno said:

Well true but... you CAN find a place to stash (though it takes a ridiculous amount of time) them but you CAN’T lock them...

My point was more about the fact that it’s the only measure of locking we currently have- whether it’s desirable or not.

agreed

4 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

there used to be a thing where you could drop barrels in water, which worked pretty well. Of course it's not secure, but it's a pretty good way to hide them, assuming you trust the game mechanics, and...

now thats an interesting idea

Locks on barrels would be cool, even if you had to craft a lockable lid with a hasp, prepped by a hammer and nail, and fastened with a screwdriver.  That way, someone who found your barrel would at least have to remember where it was well enough to come back with a hacksaw or crowbar--the latter having a chance to ruin the lid for them.

Padlocks, I'd like to see...

• Like 1
  • Beans 2