IdoX

Spawn with friends system

Usually when I play games I play them with my friends together, but in DayZ you don't spawn with your friends and It takes a lot of time to find them ( especially for new players ). In my opinion it's pretty stupid that you can't start your survival experience with your friends and have fun instead of running hours and hours in order to group up, also every time you die you need to group up again and that's one of the big reason I quit from playing Dayz I got tired of grouping up every time and running for so long just to play together. So my suggestion is that you will add a system that you can spawn with your friends from stead instead of running all the way to them. 

p.s

Sorry if my English is not perfect

• Thanks 1

TBH my best memories about this game are everytime I struggled and laughed with friends when they discover the map for the first time and butcher every city names/spelling while trying to figure it out on izurvive 😀

so it should definitly stay like this on vanilla imo

but you have plenty of modded servers that allow you to choose your spawn location if you want to team up quickly

• Like 1

22 hours ago, matiman said:

TBH my best memories about this game are everytime I struggled and laughed with friends when they discover the map for the first time and butcher every city names/spelling while trying to figure it out on izurvive 😀

so it should definitly stay like this on vanilla imo

but you have plenty of modded servers that allow you to choose your spawn location if you want to team up quickly

Well if those are you best memories then I don't see a reason for you to play this game...

5 hours ago, IdoX said:

Well if those are you best memories then I don't see a reason for you to play this game... 

Oh I'm absolutly fine with the game my good sir, and dont need you to find me reasons to play, thanks for your concern.

It looks like you are the one whining about being TIreD oF nOt FIndINg mY FRIenDs

On 3/27/2019 at 1:14 PM, IdoX said:

LOL and you’re the one crying about not spawning In with your friends. 

Awwww bb want a soo soo?

Edited by eno

Oh Boy.….

Are the "Complains about Stuff only HE cares about" Forum Filters not working again?

My man…. If you can't get over having to spend an hour meeting up with your Group (after spawning in for the first time, which is more realistic than any other way) then just get your butt over to a Community Server that has selective spawns or at least fixed spawns...

I don't have a lot of problems with this, I enjoy trying to figure out where we how we meet, locating then navigating, etc. Yea, it might take you hours on to meet up but if yall spawn different towns and load up on things you can probably start the walk of your life. There is no great feeling knowing when you see your friend in the distance finally meeting up! If you could choose a place to spawn than that can be very easily exploited by going to the closet spawn where you died and yall start grouping up on him or whatever.

If you really want to have the ability to see your friends well as people explained that there is modded servers allow you to pick spawn or whatever. DayZ is not a nice game, it's not like Minecraft where you spawn close your stuff, once you died you've died.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 8:31 PM, IdoX said:

it's pretty stupid that you can't start your survival experience with your friends and have fun

yeah - a lot of folk who live through real life survival experiences would say the same..   
<< Shit, if only I'd brought a backpack, food, a weapon, a tent a car and a couple of buddies .. that DAMNED survival experience would have been MUCH EASIER than suddenly starting alone in my underwear in some unknown strange bad infected dangerous unfriendly place god knows where OMG !!  >>

As soon as you MEET your friends.. when you log OUT together from the same place - you will log back IN to that SAME place where you and your good buddies are all together. Every time.  If you really want that meet-up you can do it for the whole time you play DayZ for ever ..  you have to meet up first just ONE TIME..   And to get to that meet point you don't even have to be on the server at the same time as them, or not even on the same public server.. just arrange a meeting place and then whenever you feel, log in and make your way there alone (doesn't matter if your buddies are on line or NOT) and whenever THEY have 10 mins they can do the same..  ..  then when you DO want to play together, when you log in you are all in the SAME place..

AND you can do that for YEARS..   hang with your friends. Folk who have a fort or a car or a stash TEND to log in somewhere close to where they have their stuff.. ya know?    How do they work that?

I don't mind having scattered spawn places. I don't mind finding my friends. But what I do mind is that get spawned in the same fucking town EVERY fucking time. 

I mind that whenever I am close to my friends someone shoots my dick off when I am looking at the map on a crossroad.

I mind that EVERY fucking time I get close but change server, I get spawned in a completely different spot, on opposite sides of the map. So you have to start all over again. 

THIS IS DAYZ: spend hours to avoiud starving, get some basics and (almost) find you friend. Maybe you found them, hours later. What's next?! Oh. server restart. 

Server is not listed. Join new server. Random spawn, and you have to find eachother again. 

This is not about finding friends and playing together. This game does everything to make sure you will NEVER see your friends again. 

Its a isolation simulator. A game that makes you even feel more alone than the outside world.

so depressing. and some of you lonely people dont want that changed. so the devs say "nice, we dont need to work - let make a repeater for the next major update instead" - oh wait, that was already in there, in version 0.9, but they took it out for 1.0.

Great work guys. I am impressed. No I am not.

There would be sooooo many easy solutions, that both fit the engine, and the story and the game. But instead I see only laziness...

Options:

1. Join friend = spawn next to him; easy nice and clean. no harm done.

2. Join friend = spawn nearest spawnpoint, also nice easy and clean. still no harm done.

3. Build / make a spawn point = you friend will need to assemble the ingredients, and build something for you. Teamplay is enhanced.

4. Spawn mid-air and parachute. Get thrown out of a helicopter (where are those??? you PROMISED!) open chute, so at least you have some control to steer in the right direction. This might save you an hour walk, or avoid getting spawned in the forest or an empty town where you starve to death before you can even start looking for your friends.

5. Get that freaking bicycle! Why is this not in the game yet?

6. Get a moving train to avoid getting killed on the bridges when you try to get south in Livonia to your friends.

7. Even when time is going 64 times faster, the time I starve to death doesnt makes sense. I am a healthy full grown person, and I can take 1 day without drinks and at least 2 days without food.

In Dayz, the equivolent would mean that I die if I don't make it to the supermarket 10km walk from here. Ill never make it in Dayz. 

If you're all about realism, and want to make me find my friend, at least keep it real and fix that shit.

Edited by Freud was a stoner

On 2/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, Freud was a stoner said:

I don't mind having scattered spawn places. I don't mind finding my friends. But what I do mind is that get spawned in the same fucking town EVERY fucking time. 

I mind that whenever I am close to my friends someone shoots my dick off when I am looking at the map on a crossroad.

I mind that EVERY fucking time I get close but change server, I get spawned in a completely different spot, on opposite sides of the map. So you have to start all over again. 

THIS IS DAYZ: spend hours to avoiud starving, get some basics and (almost) find you friend. Maybe you found them, hours later. What's next?! Oh. server restart. 

Server is not listed. Join new server. Random spawn, and you have to find eachother again. 

This is not about finding friends and playing together. This game does everything to make sure you will NEVER see your friends again. 

Its a isolation simulator. A game that makes you even feel more alone than the outside world.

so depressing. and some of you lonely people dont want that changed. so the devs say "nice, we dont need to work - let make a repeater for the next major update instead" - oh wait, that was already in there, in version 0.9, but they took it out for 1.0.

Great work guys. I am impressed. No I am not.

There would be sooooo many easy solutions, that both fit the engine, and the story and the game. But instead I see only laziness...

Options:

1. Join friend = spawn next to him; easy nice and clean. no harm done.

2. Join friend = spawn nearest spawnpoint, also nice easy and clean. still no harm done.

3. Build / make a spawn point = you friend will need to assemble the ingredients, and build something for you. Teamplay is enhanced.

4. Spawn mid-air and parachute. Get thrown out of a helicopter (where are those??? you PROMISED!) open chute, so at least you have some control to steer in the right direction. This might save you an hour walk, or avoid getting spawned in the forest or an empty town where you starve to death before you can even start looking for your friends.

5. Get that freaking bicycle! Why is this not in the game yet?

6. Get a moving train to avoid getting killed on the bridges when you try to get south in Livonia to your friends.

7. Even when time is going 64 times faster, the time I starve to death doesnt makes sense. I am a healthy full grown person, and I can take 1 day without drinks and at least 2 days without food.

In Dayz, the equivolent would mean that I die if I don't make it to the supermarket 10km walk from here. Ill never make it in Dayz. 

If you're all about realism, and want to make me find my friend, at least keep it real and fix that shit.

Your ideas about spawning with friend is nice, except the custom spawn point made by friend. Too much abuse, and the whole fun of this game is to gear up again after having been killed. We're not in ArmA 3 Wasteland.

For your "change server" problem, then don't change server ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's the only way to go since it was made to stop the server hoping meta. It's even useful if you want to go to a random location.

Globally if you play with a friend, find a decent server (private or public) and stick to it, then if you have to meet don't run in the open and only stop when behind a decent cover.

What this game need is a proper "group" system.