Sign in to follow this  
IReadTheAgreement

The DayZ Steam store description is a straight lie

20 minutes ago, aaronlands said:

Why are they lying?

I could go on about this but it seems like no one wants to listen.  PERSISTENCE DOESN'T WORK!  It says explicitly on the Steam page that's what they are selling.  If they say it works when you buy it, and it doesn't, it's not a mistake.  It's a straight up lie.

Other things I've mentioned don't work either, which were also sold to people on the Steam page, but we'll just gloss over that since no one seems happy discussing anything but persistence.

EDIT:  Misread your comment as "how" instead of "why".  For that I apologize.  To be honest I'm not concerned with "why" they would lie.

Edited by IReadTheAgreement

Ah no worries.  I myself am always curious in the 'why' as it tends to contextualize the 'how.'  I think it is particularly important especially when you are essentially discussing misrepresentation.  Do you think you would define the alleged inconsistencies on the steam page as honest/mistaken, negligent, or fraudulent (intentional) misrepresentations?

8 hours ago, IReadTheAgreement said:

There's no sophisticated injury simulation, there are no persistent servers (Sorry the backup workaround doesn't count here), authentic gun play no longer exists in this game, there's nothing rewarding about fixing a vehicle to be killed by it minutes later, and saying there is seamless network synchronization is a joke.  How can they sell it with such blatant lies?

Agreed with you Man. sophisticated injury simulation, ahahahahhah  lol, you can eat raw meat and drink gasoline from jerry can with no conseguences at all on your character (and of course dirty water from water sources, no need to boil and purify). And this would be a survival game? Lol... For not talking about the damage system, the totally nosense to build a base with this concept when everyone can destroy a wall in too few times (this need seriously work and balancement by devs. Right now it's no sense for me to try to spend time to build improvised bases and a single man with a tool can destroy in few minutes) 

9 hours ago, IReadTheAgreement said:

There's no sophisticated injury simulation, there are no persistent servers (Sorry the backup workaround doesn't count here), authentic gun play no longer exists in this game, there's nothing rewarding about fixing a vehicle to be killed by it minutes later, and saying there is seamless network synchronization is a joke.  How can they sell it with such blatant lies?

I bought this game only in May 2018 I guess to remember, so I don't play 0.62 too much time because I enjoy the stress test period of 0.63 last summer. And I bought this game just because for new version new engine, the devs team said that with new engine they can drop updates and content so much easier and faster then before (and instead seeing how is going the development it's not the thruth, seeing the lack of content and features...)I made an error, this is the only game in my Steam library that I repent to had bought.... If it could still possible to ask for a refund I do, but obviously it's not... I quit the game from the beginning of 1.0 release, so from December. I still follow his development and the forum of course, but I'm not seeing too much progress. 

I think the steam store description is leaning towards the intended features of the complete product.  It was folly to call it 1.0 as early as they did in the state things are in, but I still wouldn't call it lies.  Maybe projections is more appropriate.

Having been around as long as you have @IReadTheAgreement, I find it odd that you complain about this now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IReadTheAgreement said:

I could go on about this but it seems like no one wants to listen.  PERSISTENCE DOESN'T WORK!  It says explicitly on the Steam page that's what they are selling.  If they say it works when you buy it, and it doesn't, it's not a mistake.  It's a straight up lie.

Other things I've mentioned don't work either, which were also sold to people on the Steam page, but we'll just gloss over that since no one seems happy discussing anything but persistence.

What counts for players is having a persistent gameplay experience. If that is ensured by a working backup system with an intended maximum loss of what was done in the last 30 seconds, it is still working. If you encounter issues with persistence not working, we ask you to report to our Feedback Tracker.

Locked, as the initial posting is based on uninformed grounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3