Sign in to follow this  
repzaj1234

Anyone find radios unusable/annoying?

I play as a lone wolf all the time, but whenever I find a radio I like to turn it on and keep it on (Set to default frequency) and stash it in my pockets just for that small chance that I get in contact with another survivor. Only problem is, the static noise is too damn loud. It sounds like it's raining hard 24/7. I haven't tested the maximum distance of transmission so I can't say anything to that. Wouldn't hurt to expand it a little bit. It's a much more immersive way of getting players in contact with one another. 

Make sure your radio is in pristine condition, as well as the battery.  This should do as much as possible to fix static on your end.  Handhelds are generally ineffective at more than 1km, so you'd only be able to hear people transmitting on the pack radios.

So if you really want to test things out, try setting up someplace safe but central to POI, and listen for a half hour or so.  If you are lucky enough to meet a friendly, you can sit with the pack radio on and have them beeline along a known path to test the broadcast falloff range.

Last time I tested, maybe mid December, I had terrible static between a pack on my end from a player less than 300 meters away; both our setups were top condition.

Hope this helps.

I can't remember the last time I came across a radio in DayZ.

I see them often but don’t bother with them. Not worth the batteries or the space.

I’m absolutely certain nobody in any server I’m on has anything to say that I give a fuck about. 

• Beans 2