Sign in to follow this  
BlackieChan12

Items are disappearing from my inventory

I'm not talking about server rollbacks. I'm talking about items I've had for days and then randomly vanish. First I thought I was just tripping. But it keeps happening. 

Today I logged in and my silenced pistol is gone. Last night I was roaming around and my axe just vanished too.

Is anyone else experiencing this ? Pretty damn frustrating, and kinda renders the game useless 

• Beans 1

39 minutes ago, BlackieChan12 said:

I'm not talking about server rollbacks. I'm talking about items I've had for days and then randomly vanish. First I thought I was just tripping. But it keeps happening. 

Today I logged in and my silenced pistol is gone. Last night I was roaming around and my axe just vanished too.

Is anyone else experiencing this ? Pretty damn frustrating, and kinda renders the game useless 

if you have a silenced pistol in your hand (or other object) and you try to put it away or swap it for some other object - if there is no room in your backpack, it will just drop to the ground. Players carrying two rifles have to be careful of this - for instance when they climb a ladder and auto-shoulder their weapon.. if there is a weapon already slung, the one in their hands will drop when they start climbing.
NOT claiming that this is what happened - but be aware of objects that might not fit into your pockets or pack. If you pick up a can - it takes up one space where you kept your AK (second gun) - so now when you put your AK away it will drop, there's no room for it in your pack. 

It's easy to do with 2 rifles, and with any large stuff that "just fits" in your backpack (like silenced pistols for instance) - I've done it.

worth noting ?

Edited by pilgrim*

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

if you have a silenced pistol in your hand (or other object) and you try to put it away or swap it for some other object - if there is no room in your backpack, it will just drop to the ground. Players carrying two rifles have to be careful of this - for instance when they climb a ladder and auto-shoulder their weapon.. if there is a weapon already slung, the one in their hands will drop when they start climbing.

Not happening any more. When your inventory does not offer space for the item in your hands, you just cannot switch it. To get rid of items in your hands easily, you can drop them now with G. You keep your item in hands while climbing/driving etc.

• Beans 5

I was going to say- when you have no room left to replace your item- say a hotbar item- all the hotbar turns red since you can’t switch. 

I have my issues with the game but devs get props from me for that feature. 

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Not happening any more.

OK thanks !  - I've been taking care to avoid that inventory placement situation for a while and it's become instinctive - I always run with a good spare area in there - I just didn't even realise dropping items instead of putting them away doesn't happen anymore. <duh>  Thanx !  So shouldering a weapon before climbing a ladder was in fact only .. habit .. 
xxp

Edited by pilgrim*

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

OK thanks !  - I've been taking care to avoid that inventory placement situation for a while and it's become instinctive - I always run with a good spare area in there - I just didn't even realise dropping items instead of putting them away doesn't happen anymore. <duh>  Thanx !  So shouldering a weapon before climbing a ladder was in fact only .. habit .. 
xxp

There are still a couple things you need to be careful of... in particular the Fkey used for putting your hands up will actually drop the weapon in your hand... which KIND OF makes sense since stashing it in your inventory again kind of conflicts the purpose... But whether it's a bug or not just be aware that that key (and others, possibly? I haven't tested all the Fkeys with that in mind) will make you drop your weapon and not return it to your inventory.  

• Beans 1

On 1/24/2019 at 4:50 PM, eno said:

in particular the Fkey used for putting your hands up will actually drop the weapon in your hand

[off topic, but.. ] Something I proposed a long while ago - WAS that you could hand carry a grenade AFTER taking the pin out, for any length of time -  until you keyed the action to throw it -  and that if you had an armed grenade in your hand, then either being handcuffed, knocked unconscious, or surrendering, would cause you to drop the live grenade. I thought this would make for interesting gameplay? Bandit standoffs, etc..
But if you forgot you'd armed it and put it in your pocket without putting the pin back -  then that would be a mistake

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

[off topic, but.. ] Something I proposed a long while ago - WAS that you could hand carry a grenade AFTER taking the pin out, for any length of time until you keyed the action to throw it -  and that if you had an armed grenade in your hand, then either being handcuffed, knocked unconscious, or surrendering, would cause you to drop the live grenade. I thought this would make for interesting gameplay.  ?

I remember we used to be able to put armed grenades in our inventory... so when they were removed from the inventory they would detonate. Same general idea. 

• Beans 2

10 hours ago, eno said:

I remember we used to be able to put armed grenades in our inventory... so when they were removed from the inventory they would detonate. Same general idea. 

not only when they were removed, any live grenade used to only update their timer when viewed by someone, so you were able to put a live grenade in pretty much any container (even clothing) and as soon as someone looks into the containers inventory, they blew up

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2019 at 3:47 AM, BlackieChan12 said:

If this happens during server hopping, you need to wait the 15 seconds before logging out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I...f this happens during server hopping, you need to wait the 15 seconds before logging out.

ah OK  ... " roaming around " ...

• Like 1