valink618

Using a DNS address / Hiding IP

Hello there,

Does anyone know how to change the default IP to a DNS address ? I don't want people to see the IP for security reasons.
Or at least is there a way to hide the server IP when trying to log back in ?

easyest way would be to use a vpn on your server box  expressVPN is the best one has the better speeds

Edited by mrwolv

Some bad new for your sunshine.

DayZ using Steam Query Protocol.

Steam Query (Master server) return IP, if you input in game DNS name, gmae will query IP and retunr it to game and then gmae establish socket connection to server and begin to get server information.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:02 PM, valink618 said:

Hello there,

Does anyone know how to change the default IP to a DNS address ? I don't want people to see the IP for security reasons.
Or at least is there a way to hide the server IP when trying to log back in ?

your only other way would be to host from a service provider my reccomendation would be gaming deluxe there the best around and i could sort you out with a 10% dicount every month

Personally, I haven't faced such problems but, as it's offered above, you should try a VPN service. I use nordvpn torrenting which has a lot of features but I'm not skilled enough to assure you that my option will fit your needs.

I totally understand you, I use almost every time and everywhere my VPN, especially when I am using the wi-fi in a public place. I am not sure if it is changing something but I feel more secure like this. I think that there are people like me who feels more comfortable when they use VPN. So I can suggest to everybody to chose their perfect provider on https://www.vpntesting.com/reviews/cyberghost. This is a website that includes the best VPN providers in the world and you can chose the best one for your location.

Edited by Rencornat1on